Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the thing,
Downgrading to 3.3.2 or making the MetaID static in the next release would ruin established worlds depending on which MetaID chosen. it could the Java 7 ones or the Java 8 ones.
I would prefer if it's the next update , as it would include bug fixes that are in 3.3.3.1 and 3.3.3.5.

Yeah, but there are shared servers that you don't have control on Java version installed, I'm guessing this might be the majority of the SMP users are.
I'm just curious as to how the Java version could affect item IDs. Could you (or someone else) explain?

Glassmaker

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just curious as to how the Java version could affect item IDs. Could you (or someone else) explain?
Sure,
In Metallurgy we use a file to store all the information about the metals, so we load that file and use the information to create ores, blocks, brick, weapons and armour.
so far, There is something mixing them up between reading the file, and creating the blocks / items

So for example you have the meta ids for the ores in Java 7:
Copper - 0
Tin - 1
Manganese - 2

in Java 8 those get different so it is:
Copper - 1
Tin - 0
Manganese - 2

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Sure,
In Metallurgy we use a file to store all the information about the metals, so we load that file and use the information to create ores, blocks, brick, weapons and armour.
so far, There is something mixing them up between reading the file, and creating the blocks / items

So for example you have the meta ids for the ores in Java 7:
Copper - 0
Tin - 1
Manganese - 2

in Java 8 those get different so it is:
Copper - 1
Tin - 0
Manganese - 2
Yeah, but why are they getting mixed up? It's just strange to me that the Java version could result in a different integer. I'm a certified Java developer, you can talk technical with me :p

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the thing,
Downgrading to 3.3.2 or making the MetaID static in the next release would ruin established worlds depending on which MetaID chosen. it could the Java 7 ones or the Java 8 ones.
I would prefer if it's the next update , as it would include bug fixes that are in 3.3.3.1 and 3.3.3.5.

Yeah, but there are shared servers that you don't have control on Java version installed, I'm guessing this might be the majority of the SMP users are.

Well, and I am sorry for this, but I will have to go with my official stand point.

Java8 is still new and, though I have been following the openjdk dev, is to "fresh" to support. Since I don't accept bug reports to FTB with j8 at this time, I would say push the static metaIDs to the j7 defaults. I'll wait and push BnB as 1.2.0 instead of 1.1.2. I'll do the same to Horizons.

Reactions: Doctorious

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to go from Java 8 back to Java 7?
(WARNING: Assume you are a addressing a clueless old person, who went to college when they still used punch cards and we thought Fortran and Basic were the HOT! way to program.)

I thought getting a texture pack installed was a major accomplishment....

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to go from Java 8 back to Java 7?
(WARNING: Assume you are a addressing a clueless old person, who went to college when they still used punch cards and we thought Fortran and Basic were the HOT! way to program.)

I thought getting a texture pack installed was a major accomplishment....

Uninstall j8 and install j7.

Really that simple for general users.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

Went to do that and it turns out i have Java7 update 25 installed. I assumed i had java 8 since my ores are screwed up. What version of 7 should i be loading to fix things?

superckl

Jul 29, 2019

To downgrade, you'll most likely be forced to reset your world. A lot of the IDs are different (There were about 20 discrepancies when I tried). This is why I am sticking with Java 8 until I am finished with my current world.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Went to do that and it turns out i have Java7 update 25 installed. I assumed i had java 8 since my ores are screwed up. What version of 7 should i be loading to fix things?

Well, are your ores screwed up on ssp or just smp? It should only be an smp issue...

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz
It's not just ores that change IDs. This is what I get when I attempt to load a world created in 1.8 with a client using 1.7:
103e10b069.png

Anything relating to metal seems to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyamaz

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, are your ores screwed up on ssp or just smp? It should only be an smp issue...

I'll go make a single player world and check. In SMP, It's fine on the lolnet server, only place for me that ores have been messed up is on the pledge server.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

Okay, I've discovered something very strange. There seems to be a very, very large spider above me... However, I can't see it when I look up, only when I'm looking down and at a certain angle. The angle is basically towards some seemingly arbitrary point in/near my base. It's been like this for almost my entire play through. See the pictures below:

59aa58c3a3.png

bbc528cd2d.png

5e38691bc4.png

93b52fb447.png

1fcafd5287.png

148c10b3b6.png

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

Okay, I've discovered something very strange. There seems to be a very, very large spider above me... However, I can't see it when I look up, only when I'm looking down and at a certain angle. The angle is basically towards some seemingly arbitrary point in/near my base. It's been like this for almost my entire play through. See the pictures below:

59aa58c3a3.png

bbc528cd2d.png

5e38691bc4.png

93b52fb447.png

1fcafd5287.png

148c10b3b6.png

I have no information whatsoever to post that would backup what I'm about to say.
I blame nei loading the animated spider spawner icon.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

59aa58c3a3.png

bbc528cd2d.png

5e38691bc4.png

93b52fb447.png

1fcafd5287.png

148c10b3b6.png
I had something similar on my world- it was mostly underground but a yellow and black top would briefly emerge depending what angle I looked. I couldn't find it for love nor money and ended up using opis to kill all mobs to finally get rid of it - I was having dreadful lag as well with it there

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
i've got one over my base, saw it when it was only house sized, forgot about it being in that spot after it 'enlarged' more, and got attacked when i went near that are. Have to guess its there, but the image is projected wonky. Believe it is a 'hungry spider'. I encountered one in a dungeon, also invis to me. It killed me, consume my gear, and got +72 hits. Managed to kill it after a couple more tries, and it dropped all my items. But never did see it.

samarrathore

Jul 29, 2019
Ok im sorry to write this.. i know im sounding like a noob but how do i download this mod? like on a server and on singleplayer?
because i really wanna play it!

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

Have you considered adding Thaumcraft as a mid to end game mod (i.e. Being able to do research but the infusion altar requires some higher level metals)? I think it would add another aspect to the whole experience (and some more mobs).