Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
Lapis for luck, 100%
Hard to find but definitely worth it. Just a bit of nether lapis turns into quite a bit of actual lapis when run through a pulverizer

Make sure to save the nether lapis for when you make a pulverizer though or it is just not worth.
But fortune doesn't seem like it would do much unless you had fire crystal first since most things you mine up are ores especially in the nether and fortune does nothing on ores unless that was changed in this pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1402537858][/DOUBLEPOST]Also how are you supposed to get steel level or level 4 metals since all the level 4 metals in the nether seem to be only mined by level 5 pick axes. Is there an ore in the nether that is level 4 I can mine. Btw I am using a boosted nether rack pick atm.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Refer to prior forum pages there are spread sheets and a few detailed lists u can look at to find what u need next

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just got to the point where I need to make some brass and realized I have absolutely no zinc... I thought this was a bit strange with the enormous amount of mining I had been doing.

So, I analyzed all 1500 chunks of my world and found 0, yes 0, that's none, zinc ore (ID: 914:2). Is there another way to make zinc??? The ore gen spreadsheet says it should be generating on layers 44-48 the most, but there's nothing anywhere...

Below is the log file for where zinc ore should show up.

(914:0),Future Block!,61846
(914:1),Future Block!,604
(921:4),Future Block!,1

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just got to the point where I need to make some brass and realized I have absolutely no zinc... I thought this was a bit strange with the enormous amount of mining I had been doing.

So, I analyzed all 1500 chunks of my world and found 0, yes 0, that's none, zinc ore (ID: 914:2). Is there another way to make zinc??? The ore gen spreadsheet says it should be generating on layers 44-48 the most, but there's nothing anywhere...
Must be a fluke in the world gen? Cause I have zinc piling up for it because I have no use for brass yet.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
okay I swear the invaders are not coming from the portal. How are they surviving both the electric cloud and the lava?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019

Below is the log file for where zinc ore should show up.

(914:0),Future Block!,61846
(914:1),Future Block!,604
(921:4),Future Block!,1

Looks like 914:0 is Zinc in my world at least, and you have almost 62k of that around. However, 914:2 is silver and you should be finding some of that... unless you've restricted the Y and aren't including silver levels in your check.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like 914:0 is Zinc in my world at least, and you have almost 62k of that around. However, 914:2 is silver and you should be finding some of that... unless you've restricted the Y and aren't including silver levels in your check.
Strange, it seems Zinc and Silver are switched for me... What could cause that? I don't see an option in any configuration files for the block ids.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Strange, it seems Zinc and Silver are switched for me... What could cause that? I don't see an option in any configuration files for the block ids.
The block id is in the MetallurgyPrecious.cfg, but I don't know how it assigns metadata. I just look it up in NEI to find the metadata.

Are you running Java 8 by chance? I just heard of some oddities if the server is on Java 8 and client on Java 7 or something like that...

Reactions: Eyamaz

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
The block id is in the MetallurgyPrecious.cfg, but I don't know how it assigns metadata. I just look it up in NEI to find the metadata.

Are you running Java 8 by chance? I just heard of some oddities if the server is on Java 8 and client on Java 7 or something like that...
I am running Java 8, but I doubt the server is running Java 7 since I'm playing single player :p I'll just replace all my metallurgy silver with zinc.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Is Natura barley bugged or intentionally disabled? NEI doesn't show any uses, and putting it in a crafting grid (with or without a mortar and pestle) doesn't craft anything.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I am running Java 8, but I doubt the server is running Java 7 since I'm playing single player :p I'll just replace all my metallurgy silver with zinc.
I think there are other problems popping up with java 8 and metallurgy (crushers?). You may want to just revert back to java 7 until this gets sorted out.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
I think there are other problems popping up with java 8 and metallurgy (crushers?). You may want to just revert back to java 7 until this gets sorted out.
Yeah. I'm developing for Java 8 currently so it's a bit of a pain to keep switching. I can just deal with whatever comes my way.

@Eyamaz

What is the "item drop list" I see on your Patreon?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I'm going to add thank yous to the Lore text of dropped items for players that support me. Or other stuff for higher levels.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
One quick question in regards with compressed cobblestone or dirt. Can they be pushed by pistons? Planning on making a doorway but not sure if it was a good idea.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
okay I swear the invaders are not coming from the portal. How are they surviving both the electric cloud and the lava?
After a portal spawns, they also infest the caves. (storyline, not actually). Sometimes they will spawn from the portal, and may have several waves. Or just one wave from down in a cave somewhere.