Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
i'm pretty sure eyamaz mentioned bringing back punji traps in 1.1.2. and making mobs no longer drop items unless killed by the player.
I hope this does not come to pass or automated farms would stop working.[DOUBLEPOST=1402519100][/DOUBLEPOST]
So i was digging around trying to level up my iron pick until i discovered this underground nether fortress in the over world. I said ok and went in I found a lot of spawners and some chests with 2 diamonds and a cobalt chest plate, so i was thinking sweet cool stuff i can finally get a good pick and go to the nether... Then i found this chest with 64 obsidian, and keep in mind a this point i only have an iron pick.View attachment 11535
If you only have iron, how do you have so much armor?

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
yes the cobalt is on it has port 3 on it too and i found 64 nether rack. but I have the problem of i taking forever to level up my pick because well to get a metal hat has a 4 mining level you need a pick hat has a 4 mining level. Sounds counterintuitive to me.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Well they can dig through compressed stone and climb ladders. Time to redesign my base. I have come to the realization that any on ground level is just not safe. No matter what you make your place out of, invaders get in. Time to remove ladders and test logs.

Last edited:

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
thats what I'm doing now, but I find it extremely aggravating that I have to have a pick with mining level of shadow steel to mine something with a mining level of shadow steel

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Well they can dig through compressed stone and climb ladders. Time to redesign my base. I have come to the realization that any on ground level is just not safe. No matter what you make your place out of, invaders get in. Time to remove ladders and test logs.
I used water and I have to swim up and go thru a hole to get into my base. Haven't had anything follow me up yet lol

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
hammers are great for [st]rip mining but thats pretty much it
Actually, with all of the silverfish blocks and random lava pools, I stay away from hammers in this pack. They probably have some use, but take more care than a normal pack would.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Well because they made me angry I figured if I couldn't keep them out of my base I could build a small dome over their portal and put lava at the top so it forms a lava curtain around the portal and a pool at the bottom no matter how far they dig.[DOUBLEPOST=1402530390][/DOUBLEPOST]
I used water and I have to swim up and go thru a hole to get into my base. Haven't had anything follow me up yet lol
I have counted how high my main area is but water all the way to the top of a jungle tree would be awhile. Perhaps water up to some ladders. Great idea btw.

They killed my erepede. That was a sweet ride. Faster than a horse, can wear armor and carry a chest.

Last edited:

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
Wha do you guys think is the modifier i should put on my sword? out of the stuff I want I'm debating between quartz for sharpness or blaze powder for fire aspect.[DOUBLEPOST=1402530547][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do i download?
download ftb and then on the left of the launcher bob will be there, scroll to find it.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Wha do you guys think is the modifier i should put on my sword? out of the stuff I want I'm debating between quartz for sharpness or blaze powder for fire aspect.[DOUBLEPOST=1402530547][/DOUBLEPOST]
download ftb and then on the left of the launcher bob will be there, scroll to find it.

A LOT of stuff is immune to fire in the pack. So while Fire Aspect would be useful for a lot, it is equally useless for a lot as well. I would go with sharpness for the safe overall damage boost. Or honestly even attach a piston to your weapon for knockback (amazingly useful with a modpack like this when not fighting skeletons)

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
A LOT of stuff is immune to fire in the pack. So while Fire Aspect would be useful for a lot, it is equally useless for a lot as well. I would go with sharpness for the safe overall damage boost. Or honestly even attach a piston to your weapon for knockback (amazingly useful with a modpack like this when not fighting skeletons)
ok thanks I houhgt about the piston but since I only have 1 modifier ill go with sharpness

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
Also what about my pick I already have ball of moss but a lot of the others don't seem that good besides fire crystal, but thats hard to get, so what do you think i should put on it?

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Also what about my pick I already have ball of moss but a lot of the others don't seem that good besides fire crystal, but thats hard to get, so what do you think i should put on it?

Lapis for luck, 100%
Hard to find but definitely worth it. Just a bit of nether lapis turns into quite a bit of actual lapis when run through a pulverizer

Make sure to save the nether lapis for when you make a pulverizer though or it is just not worth.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Well because they made me angry I figured if I couldn't keep them out of my base I could build a small dome over their portal and put lava at the top so it forms a lava curtain around the portal and a pool at the bottom no matter how far they dig.[DOUBLEPOST=1402530390][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have counted how high my main area is but water all the way to the top of a jungle tree would be awhile. Perhaps water up to some ladders. Great idea btw.

They killed my erepede. That was a sweet ride. Faster than a horse, can wear armor and carry a chest.
Make sure it's only a single block wide water fall i had a thief skeleton try to swim up a waterfall that was three blocks wide. He couldn't get out at the top but he could shoot me from in the water. I made a change and just did a single block of water flowing straight down from my floor and that one nothing has swum up yet