Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
All those ores from meteors work fine in a smelter.
Sugarcane is slow, no matter where it grows, or on what.
Pumpkins i find in the extreme hills and forest biomes all the time.
I believe AE systems come after you get to the end.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It seams Reika removed the mod ore specifications from Meteorcraft so that I can no longer select which particular mod an ore comes from. :(

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it does. The more I get from the community, the more I can put back. My biggest struggle atm is time devoted to my RL job. I was unable to work on anything for over a week mostly because of that.
I know, I hope it works out well for you. I'm just that poor guy who has time, not money, that he could donate. :p

Last edited:

geneweaver

Jul 29, 2019
hrmm... back with the same question. trying to turn off invasions. set B:invasionCaves=false & B:invasionPortal=false but just got an invasion.
Eyamaz hope this work out for you. love what your doing and glad family is first, help with burnout.
disabling hostile world means disabling/relabenings(sp) when i join are server.

Last edited:

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
hrmm... back with the same question. trying to turn off invasions. set B:invasionCaves=false & B:invasionPortal=false but just got an invasion.
Eyamaz hope this work out for you. love what your doing and glad family is first, help with burnout.

disable hostile worlds if you don't want the invasions

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
disabling hostile world means disabling/relabenings(sp) when i join are server.
Is this ssp or smp?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The first initial portal invasion will always happen. After that, it should follow the configs.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
All those ores from meteors work fine in a smelter.
Sugarcane is slow, no matter where it grows, or on what.
Pumpkins i find in the extreme hills and forest biomes all the time.
I believe AE systems come after you get to the end.
ty for info on extreme hills. I've looked through a bunch of forest ones but don't see any. I'll continue my search or just try planting the 4 I have and see what happens.

yup about AE. for me it's a rush towards that in BNB to get that since it's probably my favorite mod.[DOUBLEPOST=1399425008][/DOUBLEPOST]
The first initial portal invasion will always happen. After that, it should follow the configs.
Brings up a question I've had: what logic extends the invaders to start, well, invading? I don't think it's raw # of MC days since the previous save before my current, my second night had an invasion! Like in SP.... annnnnnddd..... you're gone.....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Another question. Just started a minefactory harvester/planter/fertilizer setup and I swear this worked in previous version, but:

1) wheat grows fine and uses the industrial fertilizer, but the seeds that drop are less than you put in, so they get used up and no more crops. no one to one. I watched 32 seeds disappear into 20 into 5 into 0. intended? crops are being destroyed and replanted.

2) hunger overload soy, had only 1 seed, fertilizer didn't have any effect on it (might be intended via config) but when I bonemealed it, it got harvested, but zero seeds. again, not 1 to 1?

3) cotton is working (big whoop) it doesn't look like the harvester is destroying the crops since I have same amount of seeds. potatoes/tomatoes seem to slowly grow, but no seeds for tomatoes and I haven't been keeping track if I've gotten more potatoes than I planted but I swear they are just going through the whole cycle and repeating, and I probably have the same amount of potatoes that I started with. I'll have to check this but I'm pretty sure of it. again, intended?

4) does biome affect this? all of this is done in a forest biome. does altitude affect this? I'm at y=105.

I've been manually farming up till now in 1.07, so this is worrisome if this is intended.

Thanks

EDIT: wheat is diminishing returns, soy is plant, get soybean and destroy crop, no seeds, tomatoes have planted, not getting destroyed, getting tomatoes, potatoes ARE working. I had none of these issues in the same plot of land manually.
also note that there are recipes to get seeds from plants. is this the intended direction you're supposed to take? I assume no balance to manual/automatic farming so have to nerf the automatic?

edit2: ignore above, I answered my own question. there is a SLIGHT increase in the crops that don't leave their crops and over time, you can build more seeds through crafting. I'm assuming that the crops (tomatoes for example) don't have recipes for seeds since they don't get destroyed. Sorry for the wasted question. I had to resort to cheating and setup a mini AE system (provider network) w/mac to automate it for a while and verify the things produced and could be increased on their own.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that Havesters and other MFR machines were set up to work with the vanilla mechanics, and may or may not work as you might expect with all the new crops. MFR is horribly overpowered normally, so any loss of effieciency in MF2 or BNB actually fits with the theme of the modpacks. MFR has the theme of "Who wants to do work?", while MF2 was a harder pack, and of course BNB tries to be as evil as it can. Some things like wheat give less seeds since by manually planting and harvesting you don't need seeds to replant, just harvest over and over. All of the plants in Pams can be crafted to the corresponding seeds.

There are different ways to solve the problem of food. Many people will default to what they did in Unleashed, Direwolf , or Monster and just assume they should automate. Others will just make a big garden and let quantity overcome the slow growth of plants. It takes me 60 seconds to run along and harvest stack after stack of food and then a couple of minutes to convert that to a few stacks of much better food. Not a big investment of time once you have it all planted and grown.

Reactions: Batch2 and Dezil_nz

radpad

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the right place for this but if you right click oak wood in a tinker table you get 4 planks instead of 2. Keep up the good work.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the right place for this but if you right click oak wood in a tinker table you get 4 planks instead of 2. Keep up the good work.

You are probably playing on a server. The configs are derped fir servers in 1.0.7.

omnom

Jul 29, 2019
What is that little pop-up in the lower right corner that shows when you pick up something?

Can I download and use it elsewhere?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
You are probably playing on a server. The configs are derped fir servers in 1.0.7.
They are? Jeez, Forsaken dodged that from pure luck, had synced the configs to my client when we updated to 1.0.7. XD Didn't even know this was an issue.

PS: How's 1.0.8 coming? I'm quite curious what's left on the on the ol' to do list. :p As per usual would also like to offer any assistance I can give, of course. (If only the pack was in a Git repository....)

Last edited:

Sara

Jul 29, 2019
So Fantasy Ores only spawn in (deep dark) now in 1.0.7? Cause they used to be in the overworld but not any more. Looked up the config file and see they only spawn in dem -100. So is that default now?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So Fantasy Ores only spawn in (deep dark) now in 1.0.7? Cause they used to be in the overworld but not any more. Looked up the config file and see they only spawn in dem -100. So is that default now?

Yes