Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Themenace4

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently trying to get this working on my server, but the first time i tried to log in, i received an error i have never seen before. Any on have have suggestions?
suyHMGw.png
a>
http://imgur.com/suyHMGw

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
One of my players mentioned a dupe bug using scarecrows and bound souls in an Autospawner. Bound souls will dupe their equipment and Scarecrows other things they have on them as well. It's an endgame item, but certainly would take away much need for anything after you got it running.

I remember reading that the DeepDark will get ores redistributed? I played around testing it in singleplayer and ores up top were very plentiful, with no risk at all. Bottom of the deepdark also seemed fairly easy, compared to the Overworld. Diamonds go from very high risk in overworld, and not too bad in the nether, to plentiful by the basket down in the DDark. Maybe add a huge amount of silverfish blocks there to liven things up :)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I was just killed by Glens Gasses...
And no, not by a coal gas explosion but (although that did surprise me) by a forest fire 200 block away, lagged just enough to let zombies kill me but enough to make me move like I'm in tar.

I know this is a hard mod pack but dieing like that is just really cheap...

If there's a way to disable fire smoke but retain LPG explosions that would be awesome.

Edit: I'm a rube, I was looking in the wrong Glens gas config. There already was an option to turn it off.
A message to all; I suggest everyone else do the same. A rogue forest fire can do your computer in something fierce. It would be nice to leave it on but as at now I don't think there's a computer around that could handle a forest fire smoothly with Glens Gasses.
The modder needs to find another way to simulate the smoke without the need for multiple block updates.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think smoke adds a whole lot to the game actually, and it needs some way of diffusing or going away. As it stands, it fills an area and stays forever. So we have a game mechanic to make things more realistic, that isn't realistic, just a pain, and adding lag :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
saw someone mention this about 5-10 pages back but no response from eyamaz so just wondering for myself as well: Since 1.07, the waila thermal expansion tooltips are gone, which makes moving stuff into tanks kinda difficult to know what's in said tank, etc... if u look in waila config (in game, thermal expansion isn't listed at all). was this done on purpose? btw, loving this AGAIN. started a new world and first night was obliterated by dispenser zombies(?) or whatever they are called. second try, same. then riding sheep and then sheep attacked me as well as pigs and then I pinched myself cause I was for sure I was dreaming another MC dream again, but no. nothing is safe anymore. :} I love it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
No, this was a break in waila when TE updated. It should be fixed when I finally get 1.0.8 out.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
No, this was a break in waila when TE updated. It should be fixed when I finally get 1.0.8 out.
Ok, cool. I'll work around it. man, I just laughed so damn hard. finally got some of those touchy feely zombies and I started yelling (in an empty room) BAD TOUCH BAD TOUCH! *rofl* father toast's got a VERY wicked sense of humor. I friggin love it..... as long as we don't get into some S&M zombies or something, I'll be ok with whatever he deals out next.

oh one last thing. I've got around 30+ copies of mighty smelting now, some a stack at a time. Is this known? Didn't do this in 1.06.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've never seen this... What are you doing that causes you to get them...?
Nothing really, and maybe that's why? I don't ever read any of the tinker's books cause I've read them a couple dozen times each already, so I breeze right through the progression of making the smeltery, never touching the books. At some point in time after I created my first batch of bricks, the book was in a chest and I made the bricks then suddenly boom, a book. then every so often, as I add another brick/drain/whatever, another book to 11 of them show up and I move them into chest, repeat. no mods to the pack except changing glenn's gas smoke off for performance issues. Since it took me so long to get the clay/gravel/sand from all the baddies protecting it, that whole procedure took quite some time. I finished the smeltery inside the base (small one) and since I finished it, I haven't put any other bricks or anything in my inventory, I haven't seen another book. Not a biggie, wish it was an exploit, and I can throw mighty smelting at a zombie or something :) that would be, indeed, mighty.... :rolleyes:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing really, and maybe that's why? I don't ever read any of the tinker's books cause I've read them a couple dozen times each already, so I breeze right through the progression of making the smeltery, never touching the books. At some point in time after I created my first batch of bricks, the book was in a chest and I made the bricks then suddenly boom, a book. then every so often, as I add another brick/drain/whatever, another book to 11 of them show up and I move them into chest, repeat. no mods to the pack except changing glenn's gas smoke off for performance issues. Since it took me so long to get the clay/gravel/sand from all the baddies protecting it, that whole procedure took quite some time. I finished the smeltery inside the base (small one) and since I finished it, I haven't put any other bricks or anything in my inventory, I haven't seen another book. Not a biggie, wish it was an exploit, and I can throw mighty smelting at a zombie or something :) that would be, indeed, mighty.... :rolleyes:
Hmm, seems like it's not saving your information for tinkers properly.... I wonder what could cause such a thing, so strange. Personally, I would download a new set of files in a different folder, copy over saves/configs/options, and see if it still happens there. Who knows, maybe one of the mod files slightly corrupted.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Hmm, seems like it's not saving your information for tinkers properly.... I wonder what could cause such a thing, so strange. Personally, I would download a new set of files in a different folder, copy over saves/configs/options, and see if it still happens there. Who knows, maybe one of the mod files slightly corrupted.
it's no biggie. I just feel like a librarian. maybe I should install bibliocraft and put them in a bookshelf :} hoarding for the win!

This was a fresh install, so....

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Hello may i ask a question?
Is there a chance you could include Better Dungeons/Chocolate Quest mod in this modpack?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I've been asked more than a few times over the last several months how people can help me or support me in what I do. Now you can! Keep in mind the work I do is for free so any help you offer is awesome.

Sponsored and shared it through my stores Facebook page. I've got to have a 1000 customers that play minecraft (mostly 10-14), maybe we can sucker a few to the dark side.

Reactions: Batch2 and Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, money.... I had hoped for a way to actually help with the packs. :p hehe

Actually, it does. The more I get from the community, the more I can put back. My biggest struggle atm is time devoted to my RL job. I was unable to work on anything for over a week mostly because of that.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
question (which is usually all I have):

pumpkins. rare in OW or even spawn at all? Rare in bonemealing grass for seeds? 2 stacks of bonemeal to grass and no pumpkin seeds. bad rng? Is it one that shows biome that you should plant on? I found one pumpkin off a mob and I know I can break it down to 4 seeds so I will do that but am curious before I try to grow it. Sugarcane takes forever and the info I can find show that it grows normally in all biomes but in configs there's a specific callout for it being in right/wrong biome, etc. I have found it growing in river, swampland, even forest. yet forest is where my sugarcane patch is and I will go for like 4-5 MC days w/o any sugarcanes and when I finally get some, I get like 3 out of 16 or so planted. and.... this is after I changed the config settings to 1 (from 4 and 2 respectively) to test it out. I have found more in OW than I have grown 10 fold. There's no tooltips for mature but it looks to use the durability for the growth stage so you can tell if they are ready to pop or not by tooltips. Other crops so far I haven't had a problem in this pack.

also, my ctd's are back when I come back from nether. No corrupt saves, but each time except the first after I started playing 1.07, I'm getting ctd's. I can post spoiler later at home. just curious tho since 1.05? 6? fixed this issue afaik (for me).

also noticed from frequent meteor crashes that there are some copper/tin ores that don't have any recipes except smelting (i.e. no pulverizer recipes). both exceptions are the same, I think each has 1 metalurgy and 1 thermal expansion, but I'd have to check). the tinker's copper/tin both can pulverize. just not these 2. I'll wait till I can make a unifier and fix them that way, just FYI.

I did test out in another pack a way to overcome one of my biggest frustrations about not having chickenbones translocators (did this in AG-skies) but will use this technique here when I can make my AE stf. When I setup a mac, I can be anywhere when I want to create something and I usually setup a patern encoder with a translocator below, with enderstorage tuned to a simple color combo, then have a enderstorage <> translocator over near mac auto-importing the patterns. w/o translocators, itemducts were too slow to wait for it to get to the mac, etc... never thought to actually use AE itself and setup a simple fuzzy bus to put in edited patterns. voila, almost instantaneous even from nether.. probably a simple thing, but I was suprised I hadn't thought of that yet. I think one of the nice things about this pack and AS is that they force you to think outside the box. I've been treating this world like a skybox mostly now with some entry points and punjii sticks (thus need sugarcanes). sorta funny watching those little ants run about, but I think that father toast should play the benny hill theme music when those zombies start piling on top of each other trying to be chearleaders doing a pyramid. hehe especially when one on the bottom gets his ADD going on and looks at shiny across the way and decides to run in that direction and the entire pile starts coming down.

Reactions: cannajan