Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Completely invincible as in can't despawn, can't be destroyed by explosions/lava, etc.

# Do Tinker's tools on the ground never despawn?
B:toolsNeverDespawn=true

That's news to me. Every single tinker tool that I've dropped after being killed has despawned with the rest of my gear. This isn't a new change in 1.0.7 is it?

It's possible that sneaky zombies keep stealing them and despawning I guess. But I've lost them during the day this way in desert biomes after being killed by invaders.

kamyu2

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs that pick up items are automatically given a persistence tag to prevent their despawning. So that isn't your problem either unless a mod added force despawn is overriding that tag.

Eekki

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i did some testing and i think i found the problem for me... I had the magnet mode on, when i died it sucked the tools, only the tools after i died to my inventory. And when i pressed revive or something and they were gone. So lesson for this story, dont use the magnet mode...

btw batch2, i love your vids, keep up the good work!

Reactions: Batch2

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
That's news to me. Every single tinker tool that I've dropped after being killed has despawned with the rest of my gear. This isn't a new change in 1.0.7 is it?

It's possible that sneaky zombies keep stealing them and despawning I guess. But I've lost them during the day this way in desert biomes after being killed by invaders.
Not sure when it was added, but that is from our 1.0.7 server configs.

Mobs that pick up items are automatically given a persistence tag to prevent their despawning. So that isn't your problem either unless a mod added force despawn is overriding that tag.
Well it could be a kobold picked it up, which in 1.0.7 has force despawning. :p

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
So where do we find diamonds? I've mined quite a bit around 12 and haven't found any yet.

looking at the COFH world gen config, I see Diamond around 5 to 12 and "orediamond" from 18 to 24... but I haven't found any at either level, even in a test world. Is the generation somewhere else? Or am I just getting really unlucky?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
So where do we find diamonds? I've mined quite a bit around 12 and haven't found any yet.

looking at the COFH world gen config, I see Diamond around 5 to 12 and "orediamond" from 18 to 24... but I haven't found any at either level, even in a test world. Is the generation somewhere else? Or am I just getting really unlucky?
I've found them down at normal vanilla levels, but they are insanely rare.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just getting unlucky. I haven't found a lot of diamonds, but have found a few. And found some nether diamond ore as well.

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
Diamonds seem to be only at 7-9, based on messing around with a bound pickaxe in a creative test world. Most other minerals stop at 21.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have experience with Minetweaker? I'm trying to remove all recipes that use item.soulCropEssence as a crafting component. Currently I've got this to remove any which uses it in the first slot, but it's not working completely.... Creeper essence to head recipe for instance doesn't get removed. Got any ideas?
anyEss = item.soulCropEssence;
recipes.removeShaped(<*>, [[anyEss,<*>,<*>],[<*>,<*>,<*>],[<*>,<*>,<*>]]);

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Diamonds seem to be only at 7-9, based on messing around with a bound pickaxe in a creative test world. Most other minerals stop at 21.

That definitely confirms what I have observed. All the diamond I have found were just under 9. Absolutely nothing at 12. Though I've only found 10, so it's not statistically significant for sure...

So about Vulcanite and Sanguinite... Why are they so rare? It's at the point were I feel like the difficulty in finding them is more so in finding enough time to spend hours upon hours mining in the nether and no so much about danger... I do enjoy mining in general but I'm at the point where I have one double chest full of redstone bocks and one with sulfer and have not seen a vein of eithe ore. By the time I've enough of either ore to do anything I'll likely have enough redstone blocks to build a second base...

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have experience with Minetweaker? I'm trying to remove all recipes that use item.soulCropEssence as a crafting component. Currently I've got this to remove any which uses it in the first slot, but it's not working completely.... Creeper essence to head recipe for instance doesn't get removed. Got any ideas?
anyEss = item.soulCropEssence;
recipes.removeShaped(<*>, [[anyEss,<*>,<*>],[<*>,<*>,<*>],[<*>,<*>,<*>]]);

The recipe you are creating only targets recipes with soulCropEssence in the first slot.

Ores: the Ore gen is mostly the standard FTB oregen I wrote for all the 1.6 packs. Maybe I should revisit and redo for BnB, I find it lacking.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
That definitely confirms what I have observed. All the diamond I have found were just under 9. Absolutely nothing at 12. Though I've only found 10, so it's not statistically significant for sure...

So about Vulcanite and Sanguinite... Why are they so rare? It's at the point were I feel like the difficulty in finding them is more so in finding enough time to spend hours upon hours mining in the nether and no so much about danger... I do enjoy mining in general but I'm at the point where I have one double chest full of redstone bocks and one with sulfer and have not seen a vein of eithe ore. By the time I've enough of either ore to do anything I'll likely have enough redstone blocks to build a second base...

I just found my first two sanguinite since the pack came out, does seem rare. And vulcanite isn't a lot better. Most of my diamonds come from the nether, since I'm spending so much time looking for vulcanite, and it's far less dangerous that mining low in the overworld.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
There's probably a better way to do this, but I pulled out MCEdit and analyzed a bunch of selections at different levels to see where the most diamonds are.

Test world was generated in 1.0.7. All selections are the same X, Z size. I just moved the Y up and down to analyze different levels. Spoiler alert I guess:
Levels 0 to 4: Diamond Ore,48
Levels 0 to 9: Diamond Ore,295
Levels 9 to 14: Diamond Ore,83
Levels 15 to 80: Diamond Ore,4

So I'm guessing the COFH world gen I found from 5 to 12 is the main contributor. The "oreDiamond" one doesn't seem to do anything at the 18-24 range.

[Edit: But yeah, it's going to be scaaaary trying to mine down at those levels!]

Reactions: Eyamaz

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe you are creating only targets recipes with soulCropEssence in the first slot.

Ores: the Ore gen is mostly the standard FTB oregen I wrote for all the 1.6 packs. Maybe I should revisit and redo for BnB, I find it lacking.
Yes. I know. I said that in my post. :p Thing is though, it wasn't disabling all recipes with soulCropEssence in the first slot. Very confuzzling, assumed there was probably a better way to do it that I'm just not finding. Really don't want to be forced into a recipe by recipe 200ish line disable. Lol.

Ores: What config is even handling the ore generation? Everything I've seen is all over the place, so I must not have found the right one....

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to hear Eyamaz confirm, but I'm pretty sure ore gen is controlled by CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg.

As for finding things all over the place, I noticed that there are multiple entries for some ores. For instance iron has:
iron from 19 to 34,
oreironvan1 from 48 to 64,
oreironvan2 from 93 to 117, and
oreironvan3 from 142 to 171

Then again, there's an oreDiamond entry for diamonds in the 18 to 24 range that doesn't seem to actually apply. So yeah, I'm not quite sure. Eyamaz?

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Then again, there's an oreDiamond entry for diamonds in the 18 to 24 range that doesn't seem to actually apply. So yeah, I'm not quite sure. Eyamaz?

I think it may be metallurgy. At least it would agree with what you've been seeing.
Code:
####################
# diamond
####################

diamond {
    ####################
    # world gen
    ####################

"world gen" {
        S:Diminsions=0 2-100000
        I:"Max Height"=16
        I:"Min Height"=0
        I:"Vein Chance"=100
        I:"Vein Density"=100
        I:"Vein Size"=7
        I:"Veins Per Chunk"=1
    }

}

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Almost everything should be being handled by cofhcore.
Mmk, interesting.... If you rewrite the orespawns, are you going to do a logical rarer ores deeper or a chaotic everything everywhere like metallurgy?

PS: Invaders are once again taking over Forsaken, I accidentally disabled em at the 1.0.7 update. XD

PPS: If you want any assistance with config changes to save yourself time @Eyamaz, hit me up. :p

lol123alex

Jul 29, 2019
I cant download it... :p
I keep on getting download errors whilst downloading
Someone help me please
-lol123alex