Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
It's faster progress in some aspects; however, with the new updates the difficulty is much higher honestly. I found it fairly easy to get started before, but now I died so many times testing out stuff before starting my recording lol

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
So I found this laying out on the surface, as far as I can gather it's a defunct block from the old slag mechanic in Tinkers? No idea what it was doing just laying around. It happened to be near an Invader Portal, but it could just as well have been there before. Or just weirdness from a crash. I'm befuddled.

I also noticed that the MeteorCraft meteors contain Tinkers and Metallurgy versions of ores (e.g. Tin/Copper), as opposed to previous versions where only Thermal Expansion versions would appear when available, if I recall correctly. May be my memory failing me.

TIL Meteor Showers are a thing as well. That was frightening.

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
The benefits of a meteor defense gun:
1CsPn8C.png

Two stacks of glostone delivered to the door.

Reactions: Anesos

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
So, serious balance discussion time for the ender dragon and flight in general. I've only ever fought it in creative mode personally, so I'm hardly an expert, but I saw all of it's abilities and know how dangerous it is. Now, we just had our first kill of the dragon on Forsaken, and it was killed by a group of two people with only 3 deaths, using "bows and brooms", which I'm fairly sure is the enchanted broom from witchery.... Based on the information I'm reading, this provides infinite flight once you've made it(https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/enchanted-broom).

Now, looking at the attacks list for the ender dragon(http://hardcore-ender-expansion.wikia.com/wiki/Ender_Dragon), I can't help but feel that almost every single one of it's abilities are made pointless by the fact that they could fly. Any projectiles could be easily dodged, and all of it's collision/summoning attacks would be worthless as well.

Now from those who have more experience than I, how much does flight affect the difficulty of the fight?

Personally, I don't think that flight has any place in this pack, it's supposed to be difficult and too many problems can be fixed with the sentence "Ya? Well I can ****ing fly!". The type of "flight" that the air sigil from blood magic adds is the only type that I think doesn't break things too badly(It just throws you a short distance in the direction you're pointing).

EDIT: I can't type.
DOUBLE EDIT: Added more of my opinions on flight.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Two people, 3 deaths. Not to bad on a boss ment to be farmed for resources. Yes, you can reset the END with an in-game mechanic to farm the enderdragon.
But I'll still see about increasing the difficulty.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
With the stuff in BloodMagic and Witchery, I guess the question is : Yes, took this into account and I expect people will need to do it as part of the progression. VS. Hmm, no, that certainly makes it easier than expected.

I'm starting into Bloodmagic with the goal of not killing myself over and over, and seeing how long it takes. Melonfarm and potions ftw I think.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
With the stuff in BloodMagic and Witchery, I guess the question is : Yes, took this into account and I expect people will need to do it as part of the progression. VS. Hmm, no, that certainly makes it easier than expected.

I'm starting into Bloodmagic with the goal of not killing myself over and over, and seeing how long it takes. Melonfarm and potions ftw I think.
would be cool if Eyamaz added a life system, kinda like HQM does in Agrarian skies, make people pay for dying

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Two people, 3 deaths. Not to bad on a boss ment to be farmed for resources. Yes, you can reset the END with an in-game mechanic to farm the enderdragon.
But I'll still see about increasing the difficulty.
As usual when I'm tired, my post was completely off the point. It's less that the enderdragon is too weak or something. It's that I'm not sure flight belongs in this pack. As soon as one can fly it's just easy exploring, easy resource collection, easy boss fights. To me it feels like it drops the difficulty of everything involved with it to such points that it can hardly be called "hardcore" anymore.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Berry Medley which requires 3 berries only gives 1/2 of a hunger, the same as just eating one berry. can this be adjusted? since its 3 different berries

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
As usual when I'm tired, my post was completely off the point. It's less that the enderdragon is too weak or something. It's that I'm not sure flight belongs in this pack. As soon as one can fly it's just easy exploring, easy resource collection, easy boss fights. To me it feels like it drops the difficulty of everything involved with it to such points that it can hardly be called "hardcore" anymore.

Without a form of flight, the End is nearly impossible. I may try to nerf it back a bit if I can, or work with @Emoniph on something. I enjoy the fact that the only forms of flight in the pack are "magical" and not "technological" in style.

Berry Medley which requires 3 berries only gives 1/2 of a hunger, the same as just eating one berry. can this be adjusted? since its 3 different berries

Some foods inadvertently got extra nerfs while I was trying to fix BoP food exploits. I'll see what I can fix.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Without a form of flight, the End is nearly impossible. I may try to nerf it back a bit if I can, or work with @Emoniph on something. I enjoy the fact that the only forms of flight in the pack are "magical" and not "technological" in style.

I've not spent a lot of time in the end so I'm not quite sure, what all in the End is nearly impossible without flight? Getting around i can certainly understand. Flying around in creative mode I've seen the large distance between islands in what is otherwise a void world. Is there anything else I'm too inexperienced with the dimension to have seen?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Shifting fantasy ores to Deep Dark will change things up. No witchery/magicalcrops/bloodmagic until you can mine that 25k cobble. :)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Shifting fantasy ores to Deep Dark will change things up. No witchery/magicalcrops/bloodmagic until you can mine that 25k cobble. :)
There are always ways to make acquiring that cobblestone a little easier. ;) It was definitely a great change though, those 3 mods were a little crazy at overworld tier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyamaz

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad there isn't a mod that adds oxygen levels. Like the farther you go into a cave the less oxygen there is... an possible kill you. or torches wont burn there. Another feature would be you couldn't have underground gardens if the levels are too low

I can see ways like having to make a air pump and run a pipe to add oxygen to the lower levels. or have a tank/breather to supply you with air.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Some foods inadvertently got extra nerfs while I was trying to fix BoP food exploits. I'll see what I can fix.

i found some foods stack higher then others.
Like Maka meat stacks to 32. i will see if more lycanite's mobs food stacks this much
Rhubarb and Bamboo also stack more then the rest.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad there isn't a mod that adds oxygen levels. Like the farther you go into a cave the less oxygen there is... an possible kill you. or torches wont burn there. Another feature would be you couldn't have underground gardens if the levels are too low

I can see ways like having to make a air pump and run a pipe to add oxygen to the lower levels. or have a tank/breather to supply you with air.

Oh, but there is! It's called green flammable gas.
I was mining for two hours last night with a mining helm and alternating between holding a torch and hitting rocks. The amount of green gas filling tunnels was making me blind and take damage from lack of oxygen. Burning it isn't really a good option because of the cinders spawning and having to then put out all the fires. Huge pain and a lot of added danger.

And underground gardens are really, really not efficient no matter what you do. Low light levels cause the growth to be incredibly slow, and if you have a base underground, the frequent visits from mining zombies will be a tad annoying, or possibly game ending :)

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
I was mining for two hours last night with a mining helm and alternating between holding a torch and hitting rocks. The amount of green gas filling tunnels was making me blind and take damage from lack of oxygen. Burning it isn't really a good option because of the cinders spawning and having to then put out all the fires. Huge pain and a lot of added danger.

A good way of dealing with gasses is to simply dig holes in the floor or ceiling, depending on the density of the gas. It just sinks or floats into the hole you made, then if you replace the blocks it destroys the gas just like when placing a block in water or lava.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019

And underground gardens are really, really not efficient no matter what you do. Low light levels cause the growth to be incredibly slow, and if you have a base underground, the frequent visits from mining zombies will be a tad annoying, or possibly game ending :)
you can use ladders to block the gas. place a torch, then ladders in front of it. mine your reach of 5 blocks, then move forward and repeat.
The ladders are OP