Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
A good way of dealing with gasses is to simply dig holes in the floor or ceiling, depending on the density of the gas. It just sinks or floats into the hole you made, then if you replace the blocks it destroys the gas just like when placing a block in water or lava.
Oh, i do a lot of that. The green gas can be quite prolific though. At one point i mined out about 50 blocks above me and it was still thick. I generally try to move down a couple of blocks and keep going forward at that point. It can be dealt with, that's not the problem. But it certainly makes you work harder at mining, and if you get sloppy...bad things happen.

When i move down to the lower levels is where i slow way, way down. The explosions are just so devastating. :)

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

In the change log for 1.0.6, you listed that you enabled highlands biomes in default worlds and there is nothing listed in the change log for 1.0.7 about removing it. The reason I mention that is because I don't see the mod file in the mods folder on the server for either 1.0.6 or 1.0.7. Of course, the Highlands mod is also not in the list of mods for Blood N Bones. So, were you planning on adding the Highlands mod and just forgot the file in 1.0.6, or just preparing for adding it in a later version?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the mining helmet is about half the durability of the iron helmet that it takes to craft. I was going to make one, but kind of held off wondering why the durability is so low. Maybe it should be the same as an iron helm?

Also, can it be repaired at an anvil with more iron? or gold? or.. glowstone?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Without a form of flight, the End is nearly impossible. I may try to nerf it back a bit if I can, or work with @Emoniph on something. I enjoy the fact that the only forms of flight in the pack are "magical" and not "technological" in style.
I've been looking around a bit for things in the pack which could be used to get around the End requiring flight, and I found a couple things which should allow people to traverse the void between islands.

Blood Magic: Sigil of the Phantom Bridge allows you to summon spectral blocks beneath your feet while activated, allowing you to effectively walk through the air. http://ftbwiki.org/Sigil_of_the_Phantom_Bridge

Witchery: Infusion of Light allows you to create bridges of light. I've never personally used it, so I'm unsure of its effectiveness. https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/infusion-of-light

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make tofu? I don't see it in the changelogs, but the presser appears to have been disabled at some point. Tofu shows up as used in many recipes, but I can't figure out any way to actually make it.

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, the only way to make tofu is by using the presser with soybeans/soft tofu. I don't think there's any other way for it to work unfortunately.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

In the change log for 1.0.6, you listed that you enabled highlands biomes in default worlds and there is nothing listed in the change log for 1.0.7 about removing it. The reason I mention that is because I don't see the mod file in the mods folder on the server for either 1.0.6 or 1.0.7. Of course, the Highlands mod is also not in the list of mods for Blood N Bones. So, were you planning on adding the Highlands mod and just forgot the file in 1.0.6, or just preparing for adding it in a later version?

I'm playing around with Highlands atm. When @VikeStep does changelogs, he records the actual config changes regardless of a mod being in the pack because the regular FTB packs for 1.6 are all drag n drop configs.

I noticed the mining helmet is about half the durability of the iron helmet that it takes to craft. I was going to make one, but kind of held off wondering why the durability is so low. Maybe it should be the same as an iron helm?

Also, can it be repaired at an anvil with more iron? or gold? or.. glowstone?

Recipe is changing to the normal gold helm with a piece of glowstone in the center in 1.0.8. Other than the repurpose, it is still a gold helm for all things.

I've been looking around a bit for things in the pack which could be used to get around the End requiring flight, and I found a couple things which should allow people to traverse the void between islands.

Blood Magic: Sigil of the Phantom Bridge allows you to summon spectral blocks beneath your feet while activated, allowing you to effectively walk through the air. http://ftbwiki.org/Sigil_of_the_Phantom_Bridge

Witchery: Infusion of Light allows you to create bridges of light. I've never personally used it, so I'm unsure of its effectiveness. https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/infusion-of-light

I'm looking at pushing the broom back to post dragon atm if I can, but I don't want to disable it entirely.

Is there a way to make tofu? I don't see it in the changelogs, but the presser appears to have been disabled at some point. Tofu shows up as used in many recipes, but I can't figure out any way to actually make it.
As far as I know, the only way to make tofu is by using the presser with soybeans/soft tofu. I don't think there's any other way for it to work unfortunately.

Failfish.

Jrex

Jul 29, 2019
So I started playing this pack solo over the weekend and have been having a lot of fun with it. Getting a grasp on the tech tree has been my biggest challenge... I can't for the life of me understand how to get past iron. The only way I got to iron was by killing zombies and manticores till i got iron... Getting tin or higher seems impossible as all the recipes require tin or higher just to be able to mine tin, unless I have to go to the nether at this point for some reason...

Can someone guide me as to what the most straight-forward/intended tech path is?

Also, how can you make gardens? As far as I can tell, there is no way to make a hoe to be able to make tilled soil.

kamyu2

Jul 29, 2019
So I started playing this pack solo over the weekend and have been having a lot of fun with it. Getting a grasp on the tech tree has been my biggest challenge... I can't for the life of me understand how to get past iron. The only way I got to iron was by killing zombies and manticores till i got iron... Getting tin or higher seems impossible as all the recipes require tin or higher just to be able to mine tin, unless I have to go to the nether at this point for some reason...

Can someone guide me as to what the most straight-forward/intended tech path is?

You need to use a pick (iron pick in this case) enough to fill up the boost xp so it can mine the next higher tier of ore. Otherwise, you can attach the appropriate mob head to instantly boost the pick. I think it takes a modifier slot doing that though.

I'm looking at pushing the broom back to post dragon atm if I can, but I don't want to disable it entirely.

Having too much stuff require dragon essence can be problematic. A player could potentially keep a monopoly on all end game tech by hiding the dragon egg or the egg could be lost somehow.
If there is an alternate way to get dragon essence or to respawn the dragon without the egg then nevermind.

edit: Also, do necrotic bones drop at all from these modded wither skeletons or am I just really unlucky? Got plenty of their skulls though.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

Also, how can you make gardens? As far as I can tell, there is no way to make a hoe to be able to make tilled soil.
The idea with the tiered pickaxes, is you need to either fill up their "boost xp" meter by just using it to let them mine the next tier of ore, or attach a mob head to the pickaxe to do it instantly.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
About to play, any bets on how many times Ill die? (Keep in mind Im about the most nooby noobiest noob that exists in the world record of noobs in noobville)

null123

Mar 27, 2014
AH!!! Holed up in the dungeon, and there are scary things down stairs D: INCLUDING WEIRD CREEPERS, AND A ZOMBIE THAT CAN BREAK BLOCKS!!![DOUBLEPOST=1398926846][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol, I was thinking of livestreaming it on twitch, but A. No one would watch.
B. My mic isnt working anymore D:[DOUBLEPOST=1398926935][/DOUBLEPOST]DAY TIME, AT LAST!!![DOUBLEPOST=1398926965][/DOUBLEPOST]Need Moar Wood D:

null123

Mar 27, 2014
2 Planks Per log? Awwwwwwww.
FUDGING HUNGER!!![DOUBLEPOST=1398927357][/DOUBLEPOST]1st Death!!! Died of hunger xD

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Nearly on 0 hunger, 2 hearts left, bleeding all over the floor, explosions going on everywhere, zombies breaking through the floor...
@Eyamaz I thought jadedact was evil, with Agrarian Skies and Magic Farm 2.
You good sir, (no offense to jadedcat, your still very evil) blow her out of the water.
Your pack is aptly named.[DOUBLEPOST=1398928082][/DOUBLEPOST]WTF, I JUST HEARD SOMETHING THAT SOUNDED LIKE A METEORITE!!! *Gulp*