Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed right away that when i respawn in the newest version I have 2.5 health and 5 hunger, vs. 5 health and 8 hunger. This is an intentional change?

Definitely makes it tougher. Takes forever starting out to break anything when you start with slowness and mining fatigue.

A question on Extra Utilities: A lot of the entries in NEI give a description of the item, but not the recipe. Are these items available still, and if so, the standard recipes will work? Or have they been modified? There are quite a bit of neat items in the mod, but also a few that are pretty powerful. Some gold and diamonds for a magnum torch would be a bargain in this parck, keeping mobs from spawning for 64 blocks. I fully expect that you either removed that, or have made it VERY difficult to craft.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed right away that when i respawn in the newest version I have 2.5 health and 5 hunger, vs. 5 health and 8 hunger. This is an intentional change?

Definitely makes it tougher. Takes forever starting out to break anything when you start with slowness and mining fatigue.

A question on Extra Utilities: A lot of the entries in NEI give a description of the item, but not the recipe. Are these items available still, and if so, the standard recipes will work? Or have they been modified? There are quite a bit of neat items in the mod, but also a few that are pretty powerful. Some gold and diamonds for a magnum torch would be a bargain in this parck, keeping mobs from spawning for 64 blocks. I fully expect that you either removed that, or have made it VERY difficult to craft.

Health and Hunger on respawn should be difficulty dependant iirc. The stuff that has no crafting recipe can not be crafted.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Your torches are being destroyed by mobs. Not particularly fond of them using the door breaking sound. They will trample crops too.
Yeah the sudden ear-piercing sound of torches being broken just beneath my feet makes me jump out of my seat!

Also, fishing zombie is DEADLY when surrounded by creepers. :(

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to auto fill a steam dynamo with water? I see that the Aqueous Accumulator is disabled.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Health and Hunger on respawn should be difficulty dependant iirc. The stuff that has no crafting recipe can not be crafted.

Ah, makes sense. We always set things to difficult. Makes food an even larger priority. When you die, you come back with debuffs from being so low on health and need to chug that berry juice to have any hope of getting something done. On my single player game, it's probably at default, which is why i see a difference.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to auto fill a steam dynamo with water? I see that the Aqueous Accumulator is disabled.
I've been thinking about this too. So far all I've come up with is manually filling portable tanks early game. Late game, maybe ender-thermic pump and tesseracts? I guess we have to treat water like lava or other non-renewable liquids.

Any better ideas?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
aqueous Accumulator will be pushed to post-ender dragon once i figure out how i want the recipe. autonomous activator might get moved there also.

the JCMixpack resource pack has now been enabled to be used in BnB

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
what level of tools is required to mine end stone? I got lucky and found 2 ender lilys in a chest under a spawner and one of the meteor craft meteors that fell was end stone but even though my tools can mine ardite I can't get end stone.

Also what do the metallurgy 3 orbs do? I can't find much info on them on the web.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
End stone requires the last tier of tools you can make.

the orbs are broken and i'll eventually be removing them.

Reactions: Blu76

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
I've been thinking about this too. So far all I've come up with is manually filling portable tanks early game. Late game, maybe ender-thermic pump and tesseracts? I guess we have to treat water like lava or other non-renewable liquids.

Any better ideas?
Portable Tank? A drum has much more space and is cheaper ;) @Eyamaz you should maybe change the recipe of the drum.

aqueous Accumulator will be pushed to post-ender dragon once i figure out how i want the recipe. autonomous activator might get moved there also.

the JCMixpack resource pack has now been enabled to be used in BnB
Hm, what is "post-ender dragon"? And the autonomous activator are craftable, im useing two of them to auto level the TC tools :)

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
End stone requires the last tier of tools you can make.

So that would be Manyullyn, is that correct? Do any of the Metallurgy 3 metals equal manyullyn? So I know which ones to remember where they are for later in case I run across any. I'm completely new to metallurgy mod even though it has been around awhile apparently

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Portable Tank? A drum has much more space and is cheaper ;) @Eyamaz you should maybe change the recipe of the drum.

Hm, what is "post-ender dragon"? And the autonomous activator are craftable, im useing two of them to auto level the TC tools :)

post-ender dragon means defeating the ender dragon to be able to make it, or requires ores from the end to make. ME systems and tesseracts are examples already of this. end game requires ENDgame in my tech tree. and the reason you listed is why i'm thinking of pushing AAs to post-ender dragon.

Reactions: Biblo15

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
The AA would be good to put post ender. It really has a lot of 'creative uses' that can really let you cut corners.

I just gave up trying to beat the world on hard. Just too unforgiving. Starting with 2.5 health and constantly needing food led to a kobold one shotting me and stealing all my stuff. Small mistakes lead to huge setbacks. The miner and crew showed up when the sixth meteor hit, and just hung around me base in a tree. The invaders regen was insane, even in day, couldn't get them below 20 for more than a couple of seconds. 7th meteor a bit later hit my tree, lighting it up nicely as it burned :) Dez came on, we turned the server down a notch to normal, and are fighting back a bit.

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: If you die with a knapspack then you drop the knapspack with the content on the respawn point.

radpad

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone got a BnB server up and running and looking for more victims? It's a fun pack solo but I prefare to see other people dieing as much as me, makes me feel better.

Reactions: Staxed

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
downloaded the JCMixpack resource pack from the FTB launcher for BnB. I see the zip in my C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\BloodNBones\minecraft\resourcepacks folder on my computer but it isn't showing ingame under the resource pack button. Does this need to be spliced into another main pack like has to be done with patches for Sphax, or did I do something goofy?

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
downloaded the JCMixpack resource pack from the FTB launcher for BnB. I see the zip in my C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\BloodNBones\minecraft\resourcepacks folder on my computer but it isn't showing ingame under the resource pack button. Does this need to be spliced into another main pack like has to be done with patches for Sphax, or did I do something goofy?
No, try to redownload it. It could be that your file is broken.

Btw, I can't play with this texture pack, in my opinion it's ugly. I'd rather play with the default but atm I play with the John Smith :)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway to brighten the pitch black nights up a bit (adjusting brightness in game does nothing) can't stream a black screen.

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone got a BnB server up and running and looking for more victims? It's a fun pack solo but I prefare to see other people dieing as much as me, makes me feel better.
try BnB.ProsperCraft.com he made a post before saying he wanted peeps to come on.
Anyway to brighten the pitch black nights up a bit (adjusting brightness in game does nothing) can't stream a black screen.
No you cant change the brightness, it is hardcoded in and part of the mod. Have to light it up somehow. If you find a rubber tree and farm them a bit the rubber makes torches in this mod, easily the best torch making method in BnB