Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WomTheDom

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm a noob to this but every time I start up a world it says I ran out of memory. What should I do?[DOUBLEPOST=1400210634][/DOUBLEPOST]I think it has somethin to do with world gen

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
How much RAM does your computer have? Running out probably means either that you don't have enough in your computer, or don't have enough assigned for minecraft to use. (The latter problem can be solved by going to the 'options' panel on the launcher and increasing the maximum RAM usage, but only if you have enough spare to begin with)

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, do a sacrafice. Best way to level a pick fast. Find a block of coal, place 1-4 torches around it. This makes the 'altar', then take the pick you want to level up and mine the coal.
lol... ouch![DOUBLEPOST=1400216857][/DOUBLEPOST]Regarding packs not showing up in the launcher, or how to increase memory usage, etc... Probably best to take those to the general FTB support forum. This thread is for BnB specific discussion.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@Anesos, @Batch_2, @sisho Shimo Just started watching your multiplayer series together, what is the server running on?

On an somewhat unrelated note, not sure how i feel about the fact that roguelike towers seem to be the best starting base by far, rather than a highly dangerous place for when you have some armor. It's upstairs chest tends to have some food, armor, and other basic supplies in it, the upstairs is a very good place to hide at night, the possibility of easy loot from unprotected chests on the first layer is relatively high, and the dying cinders in the fire pits in the walls give you free blaze rods and coal.

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
On an somewhat unrelated note, not sure how i feel about the fact that roguelike towers seem to be the best starting base by far, rather than a highly dangerous place for when you have some armor.
Oh I feel like you may have your wish granted soon ;)

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok, seemed a bit laggy, but not everyone can just throw money at servers. :p

I'm definetly not doing that on Forsaken right now. ;)

It smooths out a lot more after playing a bit. Bloodnbones is pretty bad in general on first world generation. Also if there is a lot of exploring going on it'll cause some lag but otherwise it is pretty stable.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
It smooths out a lot more after playing a bit. Bloodnbones is pretty bad in general on first world generation. Also if there is a lot of exploring going on it'll cause some lag but otherwise it is pretty stable.
Oh ya, glenn's gases and all.... Good to hear that it shouldn't be a problem in the future, enjoying the series so far. :D

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Good for zombies killing zombies, but frustrated creepers going boom means we'd need larger cane farms :)

True enough. I don't think I'd be in support of this feature. The punji stick mechanism works fairly well as is. The tedium of having to replace them every time a creeper explodes would make them effectively useless. I've had to replace them a few times already without mobs targeting them.