Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I would change it to the below. A fairly small change, approximately doubling the overall number of ores in each chunk, while making it significantly more likely for you to find at least one.
S:Diminsions=-1
I:"Dungeon Loot Amount"=0
I:"Dungeon Loot Chance"=0
I:"Max Height"=128
I:"Min Height"=0
I:"Vein Chance"=100
I:"Vein Density"=100
I:"Vein Size"=1
I:"Veins Per Chunk"=12

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Nice Anesos!

That fairly close to what I fought...
I guess this means the most surefire way to find some is to mine out a chunk that is fun of nether rack. I'm sure there's still a chance that there could be none if some other ore spawn conflicts, but it's probably the most reliable method.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
at work so i don't have nei handy...but what are the main uses for the two ores?
As i remember, the first is in Thermal expansion for the Magma Crucible, and Magmatic Dynamo. Similarly some of the generators from Extra Utilities that use lava, molten redstone. And then the big one is of course for an Ender Pump and then Ender quarry. So pretty high end stuff for BNB. While they are sort of stupid rare now, I do find them, mostly because I mine for a lot of ores in the nether, not in the overworld. So not impossible to get, just frustrating.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
They're both required for magma crucibles, dynamos, certain generators and both can be used to upgrade smelters.

Most importantly though you need vulcanite to make a induction furnance...

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Nice Anesos!

That fairly close to what I thought...
I guess this means the most surefire way to find some is to mine out a chunk that is fun of nether rack. I'm sure there's still a chance that there could be none if some other ore spawn conflicts, but it's probably the most reliable method.

Yeah, somewhere in that mess of numbers and math and stuff, I did an analysis on 4 chunks and came up with zero vulcanite. So you could mine out all 4 of those chunks fully from top to bottom somehow - without dying to lava, fall damage, Doom type mobs, Glenn's gasses, etc... - and still come up with not a single piece of vulcanite.
[Because silly math is fun: 32*32*128 = 131k. Divide by 1500 for diamond pickaxe = 88 diamond pickaxes to completely mine out 4 solid chunks. Not including unbreaking enchant of course. :) ]

I'm really glad Eyamaz is working on ore gen for the next update anyway, but this is far worse than I had thought.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, somewhere in that mess of numbers and math and stuff, I did an analysis on 4 chunks and came up with zero vulcanite. So you could mine out all 4 of those chunks fully from top to bottom somehow - without dying to lava, fall damage, Doom type mobs, Glenn's gasses, etc... - and still come up with not a single piece of vulcanite.
[Because silly math is fun: 32*32*128 = 131k. Divide by 1500 for diamond pickaxe = 88 diamond pickaxes to completely mine out 4 solid chunks. Not including unbreaking enchant of course. :) ]

I'm really glad Eyamaz is working on ore gen for the next update anyway, but this is far worse than I had thought.

Ya, but who uses diamond pickaxes in a mod-pack with TiCon where you can make tools that repair themselves almost as fast as you use them :p

I guess the first thing you would want to work towards is an ender quarry, then you would reduce the risk, time and resource investment from mining a dangerous area manually.

I also did an McEdit analysis looking for a bug in Nether Ore mod generation which turned up that Nether Emerald was not being generated in the Nether at all. Expanding block analysis to other dimensions/ores turned up that most of the really useful ores were pretty rare. Will be interesting to compare 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 when it is released.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, but who uses diamond pickaxes in a mod-pack with TiCon where you can make tools that repair themselves almost as fast as you use them :p

I guess the first thing you would want to work towards is an ender quarry, then you would reduce the risk, time and resource investment from mining a dangerous area manually.

I also did an McEdit analysis looking for a bug in Nether Ore mod generation which turned up that Nether Emerald was not being generated in the Nether at all. Expanding block analysis to other dimensions/ores turned up that most of the really useful ores were pretty rare. Will be interesting to compare 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 when it is released.

Yeah, I saw that find on the Nether Ores issue with emerald. Nice find.

I was just being a little silly about the diamond pick, but it gives some measure of understanding to just how many block 4 entire chunks is. Unfortunately, the ender quarry isn't really an option in this pack. You'll need a few nether stars, some dragon essence, and a couple of ender pumps... which take vulcanite... :)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I'm going to be having a LOT more time to work on things very soon. I'll post why sometime in the next couple days.

N E way. Toast gave me some stuff, more things to change and refactor. Going to get a new build up to testers tonight.
Officialy, the next update will be 1.1.0 in accordance with versioning standards I have set for FTB.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I saw that find on the Nether Ores issue with emerald. Nice find.

I was just being a little silly about the diamond pick, but it gives some measure of understanding to just how many block 4 entire chunks is. Unfortunately, the ender quarry isn't really an option in this pack. You'll need a few nether stars, some dragon essence, and a couple of ender pumps... which take vulcanite... :)

OP gear needs tough/rare resources :p

Imagine the satisfaction and pride after accomplishing all those tasks :)

No other mod pack gives you such a feeling of accomplishment for crafting high end gear/machines.

Reactions: Batch2

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Stuff from Father Toast is great, I like his style quite a bit.
Rough eta on that, or the Patreon server?

According to Patreon, I should not include any rewards until the first payments are done. I'm not going to wait that long. My goal is to get 1.1.0 pushed this week and the pledge server will be 1.1.0. Not all the new mob stuff will be in, but all the world gen will be done.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
OP gear needs tough/rare resources :p

Imagine the satisfaction and pride after accomplishing all those tasks :)

No other mod pack gives you such a feeling of accomplishment for crafting high end gear/machines.
Completely agreed that the ender quarry should be post End. But using it to get vulcanite when it requires vulcanite isn't really going to work out. :)

Bring on 1.1! :)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
According to Patreon, I should not include any rewards until the first payments are done. I'm not going to wait that long. My goal is to get 1.1.0 pushed this week and the pledge server will be 1.1.0. Not all the new mob stuff will be in, but all the world gen will be done.
Gives you more test subjects to experiment on.

Duffie563

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for help with BnB and MCPC+, need some guidance from other server admins. Cannot get the modpack to load, shuts down server almost immediately, have posted issue in server tech support forum. Eyamaz suggested I contact admins in this forum for help. Please contact me so I can explain in further detail...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for help with BnB and MCPC+, need some guidance from other server admins. Cannot get the modpack to load, shuts down server almost immediately, have posted issue in server tech support forum. Eyamaz suggested I contact admins in this forum for help. Please contact me so I can explain in further detail...

We've also had trouble with MCPC and not currently using it. Blargh and his crew have had some luck with it, he'd be the one to talk to.

Reactions: Duffie563

Marc~

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz :: Do you plan on adding Bibliocraft to this modpack?

If the answer to this question as already answered, please refer me to the location and i'll delete this duplicate question.

Thanks in advance :)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz :: Do you plan on adding Bibliocraft to this modpack?

If the answer to this question as already answered, please refer me to the location and i'll delete this duplicate question.

Thanks in advance :)

once everything is set and working how I wish, I may add some ascetic mods. Bibliocraft may be included.

Reactions: LordPMac and Batch2

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
How much Dragon Essence is supposed to drop when you kill the dragon? We had our first dragon kill last night and the player got something like 30 stacks of 32 Dragon Essence. I did one in creative just now and confirmed it. I know you had mentioned it was mean't to be farmed, but with that much, why would you?