Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
True enough. I don't think I'd be in support of this feature. The punji stick mechanism works fairly well as is. The tedium of having to replace them every time a creeper explodes would make them effectively useless. I've had to replace them a few times already without mobs targeting them.

You are already playing with this in the dev builds. ;)

This modpack keeps crashing for me no matter what i do please help me!

Logs.

Anyone can help me with getting that 1.5 Edition updateish?

You need to copy the /libs folder from a working 1.5 instance (like unleashed) into the 1.5 BnB instance.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
You need to copy the /libs folder from a working 1.5 instance (like unleashed) into the 1.5 BnB instance.

Hmm i don't really understand that.. I'm quite new to the FTB launcher so i would appreciate it if you could give a more detailed explanation? o_O

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
what's up with the metallurgy ore gen? The only Overworld metallurgy ore I found is zinc. No carmot. No infucosium. No others. Nor can I find any vulcanite or sanginite in the nether, 30 minutes of creative mode flying suggests that there is none. Any help? or do I have to cheat some in?

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
what's up with the metallurgy ore gen? The only Overworld metallurgy ore I found is zinc. No carmot. No infucosium. No others. Nor can I find any vulcanite or sanginite in the nether, 30 minutes of creative mode flying suggests that there is none. Any help? or do I have to cheat some in?

If you are playing 1.0.7 then these ores have been moved to the Deep Dark.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm i don't really understand that.. I'm quite new to the FTB launcher so i would appreciate it if you could give a more detailed explanation? o_O

Perhaps playing the 1.6.4 version would be easier as you only need to select it in the mod pack window of the launcher and press launch.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
THANKYOU! I couldn't find any info on this anywhere in the metallurgy config. didn't think to check other world gen of other mods :/

Actually in the Metallurgy config. Carmot for example is in the Fantasy config and the Diminsions=-100 option says to place it in the Deep Dark. Deep Dark = -100, Overworld = 0, Nether = -1, End = 1

Also it is spelled wrong and actually should be dimensions, but having good grammar and spelling are not a requirement for making awesome mods :p

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Actually in the Metallurgy config. Carmot for example is in the Fantasy config and the Diminsions=-100 option says to place it in the Deep Dark. Deep Dark = -100, Overworld = 0, Nether = -1, End = 1

Also it is spelled wrong and actually should be dimensions, but having good grammar and spelling are not a requirement for making awesome mods :p
I still cant seem to find any Vulcanite or sanginite any idea for that?

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
They are just painfully rare. In 10 hours of nether mining I've found 1 sanguinite and no vulcanite...

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
They are just painfully rare. In 10 hours of nether mining I've found 1 sanguinite and no vulcanite...
I just started looking for vulcanite/sanguinite myself and I know how much trouble Batch2 was having finding it so I checked the configs. In 1.0.7, it should generate 2 veins per chunk and each vein should have about 3 ore. The problem is the min and max Y are 0 and 128. So you're looking for 6 blocks (12 if you count both vulc/sang) somewhere between bedrock at 0 and bedrock at 128 in each 16x16 chunk. Ouch.

And just for fun, if you're in a chunk that's solid all the way from top to bottom, that's 12 blocks of interest out of 16x16x128 = 32,768 blocks. Of course, most chunks will have air and/or lava in the middle forcing the ore above or below. Hmmm... maybe digging under or way above lava lakes would be a way to find some?

I know Eyamaz is working on updating the ore gen in the next update, but yeah... finding it is going to be _really_ tough right now.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
vulcanite has a particle effect at least, while sanguinite is camoflaged. If your brave, (or server is slow) and you can run through the surface areas, you can get lucky with the vulcanite.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, most chunks will have air and/or lava in the middle forcing the ore above or below. Hmmm...
Does it do that? I always interpreted those numbers as representative of a statistically average... i.e. generate such that there will be an average of 2 viens per chunk not place 2 veins in every chunk.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Does it do that? I always interpreted those numbers as representative of a statistically average... i.e. generate such that there will be an average of 2 viens per chunk not place 2 veins in every chunk.
I'm fairly sure it's how many times it attempts to place an ore per chunk(I'm basing this on a forge ore gen tutorial), but of course it could fail or be replaced by other mods ores.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly sure it's how many times it attempts to place an ore per chunk.
That would make sense. It would still matter what it actually does when placing. Bit at least it tells us that the number only represents a maximum.

Probably something simple like: for number of veins generate a random location in chunk. If blocks at this location are netherrack/etc.. replace with ore.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong, but I thought that

I:"Vein Chance"=100 meant 100% chance per chunk, and
I:"Vein Density"=100 meant 100% of the vein size is used each time.

I suppose there might be some documentation on it somewhere...

[Edit: Yeah, that's wrong. See below]

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
My best guess is that 100% means 100% chance to try and generate in the chunk. What matters I guess are the conditions that cause it to fail and if it retries.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Her: So what did you do for lunch today?
Me: Oh, I analyzed a bunch of Nether chunks to find fantasy metal...
Her: Uhmmm... ok... ?

At any rate, I didn't find any documentation on it, so I went back to MCEdit for answers. I'm sorry to say that it's much worse than I had previously thought. :(

Short answer: There appear to be about 0.5 sanguinite / 0.5 vulcanite per chunk. There is less ore where there is more air/lava, presumably because it can't populate the ore in air/lava blocks, so digging under/above lava lakes won't really help. There will be less to dig because of the air/lava, but there will be less ore to find too. Good luck in the current version.

More details and math and stuff:
First test with BoP enabled. new 1.0.7 creative world. Flew around Nether and generated 4392 total chunks.
2741 total Vulcanite (ID 909:8).
2741/4392 = 0.62 vulcanite per chunk

32x32x128 selection (4 chunks): 0 vulcanite

Second Test without BoP: Teleported around to various locations (+/- 100, 300, and 500) and generated 8099 chunks (in much less time)
3842 total Sanguinitie (909:7)
3650 total Vulcanite (909:8)

3842/8099 = 0.47 sang per chunk
3650/8099 = 0.45 vulc per chunk

All chunks between Y= 0 to 64:
1911 sang = 49% total
1880 vulc = 51% total

64x64 selection (16 chunks) mostly over lava lake:
Total: sang 4, vulc 12
Under lava level (37H): sang 2, vulc 5
Ceiling (37H): sang 2, vulc 7

64x64 (16 chunks) mostly solid:
Total: sang 15, vulc 21
Under laval level (37H): sang 1, vulc 9
Ceiling (37H): sang 8, vulc 5

The selections for trying to determine if there is less ore per chunk when there is more air/lava (over a lava lake) should really be bigger to be sure the numbers are accurate, but it's hard to find a large number of chunks all over lava or all not over lava. I think it's enough to show that there is indeed less ore in chunks with more air/lava. Looks to be somewhere around 25-50% less with a pretty big margin of error.