Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Fantasy ores in metallurgy are now all in the Deep Dark.

Some questions on Wither Skeletons:
I just spent about 5 hours killing mobs in the nether for wither skills. Used cursed earth to increase mob spawns and made a ginder. Took a couple of backpacks full of food and killed mobs until i ran out. Must have been a couple hundred 'skeletons', and a few dozen of the type that look like withers. I was using a sword with Looting 3 and 40% chance to behead. The behead seemed to not be working on much of anything. I got 3 pigzombie heads, 4 blaze heads, and 7 wither skeleton heads. And none of the bones you sometimes get off of wither skeletons to use for heart cannisters. So...

Are wither heads mean't to be this hard to get? Is beheading not working? Do bones not drop, and is that intentional?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
gahh. can't wait for 1.0.8! can't make a world now, because it changes oregen.... not telling you too hurry, but i'm tearing my hair out here.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Ok tried both ways of getting lapis on my pick to no avail and don't have silk touch yet or a pulverizer lol. I also won't lie after just dealing with the over world I'm dreading the nether I'm gonna be dead a lot I'm sure and I can't get enough stuff built up to try yet lol

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz A while back I made a couple quick videos to introduce new players to the modpack. Basically just a brief guide to the first day and getting the smeltery going after that.
Seemingly they've been getting positive responses'ish, so I figure they must be useful for new players. They were made in 1.0.5 iirc though, so they're a little outdated in some aspects (torches needing coal for one). I'll probably have to redo them eventually as the pack changes.

Something you'd be interested in adding to the guides section ?

Figured I'd ask since I still see a couple people ask how to get started every now and then and how to do early game things.

Part 1
Part 2

Atm that's all there is, but I could add others eventually if need be

Reactions: Eyamaz

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
This is excellent for anyone who thinks minecraft is too easy and to everyone who feels modpacks are too easy.
The punishingly hard start and the unforgiving nature makes this worthwile for everyone whos not the faint of heart.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Might have a slight issue with NetherOres config. Only ore that appears to be affected is NetherEmerald as it is the only "active" Nether ore in the 1.0.7 config that has a value less than 3. It appears that any config with a setting BlocksPerGroup=2 will not generate. I loaded up a fresh world and ran around in creative to spawn approximately 10,000 chunks and then did a block analysis in McEdit and did not find any NetherEmerald. For comparison, the analysis found ~7,500 NetherDiamond.

Reactions: FnDragon and Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Might have a slight issue with NetherOres config. Only ore that appears to be affected is NetherEmerald as it is the only "active" Nether ore in the 1.0.7 config that has a value less than 3. It appears that any config with a setting BlocksPerGroup=2 will not generate. I loaded up a fresh world and ran around in creative to spawn approximately 10,000 chunks and then did a block analysis in McEdit and did not find any NetherEmerald. For comparison, the analysis found ~7,500 NetherDiamond.

These are being reconfigured in the next update, so I'll keep this in mind. Ty for the info.

ceacelion

Jul 29, 2019
So, question. I've tried to make the presser to make Tofu, and yet, when I do my game instant crashes. I have not been able to find anything that says the presser is disabled, so is it disabled or is it just conflicting mods? (Or is it a recipe that I'm not aware of?)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So, question. I've tried to make the presser to make Tofu, and yet, when I do my game instant crashes. I have not been able to find anything that says the presser is disabled, so is it disabled or is it just conflicting mods? (Or is it a recipe that I'm not aware of?)

Funky configs, it's disabled. It will be enabled when I get the update done.

ceacelion

Jul 29, 2019
Funky configs, it's disabled. It will be enabled when I get the update done.
Thanks for the info. I was trying to find which config and where it was to see if it could be fix. PS, currently, if you use NEI on a piston, you can find the presser recipe but it converts into fire.

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, the AI is absolutely silly brutal in 1.0.7, so if you want to deal with that, have fun! Else just wait or play 1.0.6, that one should be fine.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
is it worth making a 1.0.7 world or should i wait for 1.0.8?

If 1.0.8 is going to be easier than 1.0.7, it would be good practice to get used to 1.0.7 and then you will be ready for anything 1.0.8 throws at you :p

The way it is looking though, some things will be easier and some things will be harder..

Reactions: Eyamaz

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
The current AI i find to be quite fun. It totally changes how you think about mobs and setting up defenses early on. Even if it's just trap doors in your walkways. Brutal, but fun.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
The current AI i find to be quite fun. It totally changes how you think about mobs and setting up defenses early on. Even if it's just trap doors in your walkways. Brutal, but fun.
Quite fun indeed :D. Trap doors should be added to the mob griefing list ;).