[BETA] Skyblock Unleashed Faithful [ Update 8/8/13]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I think that fertiliser can be replaced with compost/mulch so theres is no "need" for apatite unless using the forestry multi-block farm.
One thing I can't get though are logic matrixes from Factorization... Since they can only be acquired in dungeons theres no way to get them unless I'm missing something

I know you posted that a month ago, but I never addressed the logic matrix issue. Routers can be used to make very compact automation without you being able to see that anything is being automated. The programmer, however, is way too broken in the uncrafting table. uncrafting the programmer gives you one logic matrix, one dark iron, and the programmer back, for the cost of 3 levels, which can be easily gotten from a basic XP farm. For these reasons, I'm adding a new recipe. One logic matrix + one eye of ender makes one logic matrix: identifier. I have also changed the redstone recipe like I said I was going to a while back, to 4 gunpowder instead of eight. Recipe update will be up shortly.

EDIT: Update online. Get it from the usual links.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Ugh... Direwolf20 released a new 1.5 modpack without redpower... Now I have to completely redesign my recipe system to not use redpower, which was pretty much the backbone of the system. I should also be able to do this with just a recipe update, but I'll get back to you guys on that. Stay tuned for future updates.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Lol dont be mad at dire for rp2 taking forever to update, its not his fault
I know, but he still could have added in reliquary at least. Oh, and I have to start over completely from scratch. Isn't that just the best thing ever. Dire completely changed all the block IDs from the old pack, so the entire map is borked, along with me having to create a new recipe system. I do have an idea that involves applied energistics using level emitters and turtles, but it will be a lot less clean than the old system. One thing that will hopefully improve the gameplay is the arcane transmutator. It removes the need for a lot of the recipes, including the one for queens.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any progress in updating the map??
I really liked this one and would love to go for it again on direwolf 1.52 or unleashed.
Keep us posted and kepp the good work up :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
To be honest, redpower was really useful in the recipe system. Sorting machines allowed me to pull exactly 4 of one item and next 1 of another item, but now the best bet I have is the interactive sorter, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Oh, and since DW20 still has no reliquary, which is required for full function within the map, I will switch it over to unleashed for now.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Havent played around too much with the new mods and other ways of sorting myself, but if you need specified help I can try and think about something aswell.
For the recipe system Id have two ideas:
1. An AE System. Havent played much around with these, but it seems to be capable of doing most things redpower did.
2. Computercraft. Isnt there a way to code the whole thing? i.e. "if getting 2 items x+y, then give item z"

PS: Going on with Unleashed is a smart move I think, should be the more stable pack compared to direwolf, who could be going for a whole new pack from 1.6

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I
Havent played around too much with the new mods and other ways of sorting myself, but if you need specified help I can try and think about something aswell.
For the recipe system Id have two ideas:
1. An AE System. Havent played much around with these, but it seems to be capable of doing most things redpower did.
2. Computercraft. Isnt there a way to code the whole thing? i.e. "if getting 2 items x+y, then give item z"

PS: Going on with Unleashed is a smart move I think, should be the more stable pack compared to direwolf, who could be going for a whole new pack from 1.6
I'm going with computercraft. I've got a system in mind that should work just fine. Basically the computer will do a (not too laggy at all) check every ten seconds to see if there is the items it needs in the ender chest. If one item is missing, it will completely abort the check and wait ten seconds before trying again. If all the items it needs arepresent, then it will route the items straight from the enderchest to a void chest, deleting them, and sending a quick redstone pulse to a turtle who will pull items out of a chest and into the enderchest, completing the craft. Now I just have to coede it. Also, to make it easily replicable, I will make it so you jsut have to input a few numbers at the top of the program. This system promises to be much better than the old system, especially since I can input as many crafting ingredients as I want to, from 1 to 100 (no not really. That's just a silly amount of ingredients.)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The updated map should be coming out surprisingly soon. i made the program for the recipe machine so that you simply build a quick and easy 7 block setup, get the program from pastebin on the one computer, then after the setup, simply put the items you want to require for the recipe into a chest, then edit the program to customize output components and the direction the enderchest is relative to the sorter, and you're good to go. For the record, I can now have up to 27 ingredients, as you can only fit 27 different items in the pouch at one time. So yeah, a few more hours probably while I set up the recipes, write a new recipe book, then test all the recipes in the overworld. I also kept in recipe update functionality because I will definitely need it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The thread has a new name! good golly! I finished the map, and it should work beautifully. If she gives you any trouble, please tell me right away. When you do log in, you will find some things a bit different:

• There is now a bedrock block on the bottom layer of the original skyblock. The only point of this is so you can use the laser drill. ;P
  • The bee villager hut is a bit bigger, with all the hives that can spawn in the overworld/Nether
  • The villagers have new loot!
  • New End!
  • Revamped recipe system courtesy of Eloraam giving me little choice in the matter. ( :p )
  • A few new recipes for new 1.5 shtuff.
  • The tree is in a sticky situation!
I will work on redoing the OP eventually, but for now, I'm playing my map. Good day Y'all!

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
I mean the part of the map far far away which wasnt generated until you visit it --> It generates normal parts of the map and maybe a enderportal aswell, I dont know.
Cant think of another way to get to the end.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I mean the part of the map far far away which wasnt generated until you visit it --> It generates normal parts of the map and maybe a enderportal aswell, I dont know.
Cant think of another way to get to the end.
I mean there is no mainland in the real world. It's a superflat world with only one block: air. As in the world infinitely generates nothing but air forever and ever.

Also, you haven't been to the Nether yet, have you?

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Ah okay.
I was in the nether, only on my glowstone island and saw the netherrack / soulsand island miles away ;)
Have you hidden a way to get to the end in the nether?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The End is the only natural terrain in the entire map. I left the END untouched except for one block. All the end stone, obsidian, beehives, etc. is all naturally generated, and there is even a dragon whooshing around being all fancy.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
I have two questions:
First and foremost: How can I get to the end on this map?
2. The recipe for the uncrafting table has 3 dragoneggs - am I meant to reset the end and fight the dragon 3 times or is there a way to obtain more than one egg. I cant wrap my head around a possibility so Id be glad to hear one.

Edit:
The tome of Alkahest is one of my best friends from now on ;) Just need an answer on question 1 :)

Reactions: ApSciLiara