[BETA] Skyblock Unleashed Faithful [ Update 8/8/13]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Looks pretty good. When it will be available for download?
It already is. Look at the bottom of the thread. The beta is simply referring to the fact that the map is probably going to be in a bit of flux, but I have already mitigated the impact by making recipe updates very easy for the player, and for me. As easy as drag and drop. i will make a separate download for these, as well as update the main download with it for anyone starting fresh. This is a long, hard map, so I don't want people to have to throw away hours of hard work for some new recipes.

squ1b3r

Jul 29, 2019
It already is. Look at the bottom of the thread. The beta is simply referring to the fact that the map is probably going to be in a bit of flux, but I have already mitigated the impact by making recipe updates very easy for the player, and for me. As easy as drag and drop.

Download link gives me "Invalid or Deleted File."

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
forgot to update the link for version 1.3. Sorry! link's back up now!

It looks like the entire post that I did about the update was erased. Anyone actually need the 1.3 update on an existing map? You'll know if you do if there is no xychorium recipe in the recipe book.

I'm glad that people are actually playing my map! I still need challenges, though. I have a few in mind, but I need more.

Xipheon

Jul 29, 2019
When I tried to run it I got an error about a bunch of Bibliocraft blocks missing. That mod isn't in DW20 pack, should I add it manually?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
When I tried to run it I got an error about a bunch of Bibliocraft blocks missing. That mod isn't in DW20 pack, should I add it manually?
No, I didn't put any bibliocraft stuff in the map. Just ignore that message. I love bibliocraft, and direwolf should really add it to his pack. It is so supremely fancy, but not required in the least bit to play the map.[DOUBLEPOST=1366954863][/DOUBLEPOST]When I think the map is ready, I'm going to remove the beta tag and post the map in third-party maps, to try and get it into the launcher. My next task is make the world an infinite void all forest world and cut/paste the actual map bit in. Wish me luck! Any existing saves will only be different in the fact that they have a finite void area instead of an infinite one. I did use skyblock as a base, after all.

Robbert

Jul 29, 2019
I've played it a bunch now and I really like it so far. Not starting out with a philosophers stone makes it much more challenging and interesting. Especially iron would be far too easy to get with a philosophers stone.

Is the best way to get copper Thaumcraft transmutation?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've played it a bunch now and I really like it so far. Not starting out with a philosophers stone makes it much more challenging and interesting. Especially iron would be far too easy to get with a philosophers stone.

Is the best way to get copper Thaumcraft transmutation?
At the beginning, yes. Later on, though, you will get UU matter, and get tons of it that way. But until then, thaumcraft transmutation for copper and tin. Or if you want to go that route, bees. The only way to get silver or tin is through thaumcraft or bees.

Also, i would love to see screenshots of everyone's progress!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
New update and recipe update on the way! New things in the update:
  • Removed buggy Wither skeleton soul shard because it just resets to a regular skeleton.
  • Changed blaze soul shard from tier 1 to tier 3
  • Made the map an infinite void forest biome using the superflat world type
Recipe Update 1:
  • Wither Skeleton Skull: Skeleton skull (vorpal enchantment) and 64 coal (UU matter and uncrafting table)
  • Lily pad: 8 vines and 1 fern
  • Cinderpearl: 8 Blaze powder and 1 rose
  • Silverwood Sapling: 8 Quicksilver and one jungle sapling
  • Updated recipe book to show the amount that you get from a single crafting.
Both map update and recipe update should be up in about an hour. Please keep in mind that this is still a beta, so it is playable but it may have bugs in it still.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Also, since I haven't said it enough, Why there is a custom crafting system instead of traders in the map:
  • If your trader drops into the void somehow, you're screwed. An enderchest is very replaceable, even without acces to custom crafting.
  • An enderpouch is much more mobile that a hefty villager.
  • Updates to my recipes can be installed on an existing save, while a trader cannot.
  • An enderpouch is a lot cooler that a villager, and utilises the mods a lot more than a silly villager.
  • This is pretty much the only FTB skyblock map without traders.
  • My recipe system can accept up to nine items at a time. A trader can only accept two.
  • My recipe system can be easily expanded in-game, while you need MCEdit to make a new villager trade.

Robbert

Jul 29, 2019
Also, since I haven't said it enough, Why there is a custom crafting system instead of traders in the map:
  • If your trader drops into the void somehow, you're screwed. An enderchest is very replaceable, even without acces to custom crafting.
  • An enderpouch is much more mobile that a hefty villager.
  • Updates to my recipes can be installed on an existing save, while a trader cannot.
  • An enderpouch is a lot cooler that a villager, and utilises the mods a lot more than a silly villager.
  • This is pretty much the only FTB skyblock map without traders.
  • My recipe system can accept up to nine items at a time. A trader can only accept two.
  • My recipe system can be easily expanded in-game, while you need MCEdit to make a new villager trade.

It's the reason why I like this Skyblock map much more than all the others. Seriously great work.

Now I'm kind of stuck though, I need rubber and don't have any idea where I could find slimes. They still only spawn in special slime chunks, right? So I'd have to build a gigantic dark hall and just hope for them to spawn somewhere?

Edit:

Now I'm even more confused. You said "Need rubber? kill slimes", but how would I even get rubber from that? I can't see any recipe in NEI that would help me.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It's the reason why I like this Skyblock map much more than all the others. Seriously great work.

Now I'm kind of stuck though, I need rubber and don't have any idea where I could find slimes. They still only spawn in special slime chunks, right? So I'd have to build a gigantic dark hall and just hope for them to spawn somewhere?

Edit:

Now I'm even more confused. You said "Need rubber? kill slimes", but how would I even get rubber from that? I can't see any recipe in NEI that would help me.
The pack comes with Rei's minimap by default. You can go to the menu, then surface map and enable slime chunks. Then you have to build a platform on about y=35 inside one of the red chunks on the minimap, and then wait for slimes. You can light up the platform if you want, it won't hurt at all, and once you get some slimeballs, you can smelt them into resin. I would suggest you make a soul shard and use a spawner to make a drowning trap. Tons and tons of free rubber.

Robbert

Jul 29, 2019
The pack comes with Rei's minimap by default. You can go to the menu, then surface map and enable slime chunks. Then you have to build a platform on about y=35 inside one of the red chunks on the minimap, and then wait for slimes. You can light up the platform if you want, it won't hurt at all, and once you get some slimeballs, you can smelt them into resin. I would suggest you make a soul shard and use a spawner to make a drowning trap. Tons and tons of free rubber.
Sounds doable. Except the smelting part. Smelting in a furnace doesn't work and NEI doesn't show any recipes either?

Edit:

Apparently Gregtech adds that. DW20's pack doesn't have Gregtech though.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Sounds doable. Except the smelting part. Smelting in a furnace doesn't work and NEI doesn't show any recipes either?

Edit:

Apparently Gregtech adds that. DW20's pack doesn't have Gregtech though.
Yeah, derp. Sorry about that. I've been playing on an ultimate server, and I forgot that that was gregtech. You can still get resin by centrifuging propolis, though. I'm not including rubber trees or an alternate recipe for rubber. I do think that recipe should be vanilla IC2, though. It's so useful for swampgoers like me.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright, sorry it took so long, my computer is mad at me for installing dropbox. I have finished the new updates. If you already have a save and want to update your recipes, get the recipe update. If you are just starting out, get the full map, which is kept updated with new recipes.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Bluh. Forgot to put in the pure node on the new world. You can still do thaumcraft from the other nodes that are already in the map, but they are all at bedrock level and any wisps that spawn would not be any issue. Expect a fresh hotfix update when this flux clears out.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Thaumcraft is doing weird things, so i don't know what's going on. The world actually has a global aura now, though, so you should be just fine.

I was playing on my copy, realised that there was no pure node. I created one for myself, then went into my dev copy, and the pure node was there. I sort of gave up for a while after that.