[BETA] Skyblock Unleashed Faithful [ Update 8/8/13]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Skyblock has one main purpose: allow the player to do as much as possible with as little resources as possible. In making this map, I did just that, with a few little bonuses. This map is an edit to the original skyblock by noobcrew, but has a few things added into it to expand your possibilities while playing on the direwolf20 modpack. I would make a version for ultimate, but to be honest, I have no clue what I am doing in regards to gregtech, so I usually just leave it alone.

Anyways, I made the map so that you can get almost anything inside of skyblock, without deviating too far from the original. My main goal was to not have any sort of shop anywhere in the map. The only two villagers are spawned in with eggs, and have regularly available trades. I also did not start you off with a philosopher's stone, a minium stone, or a tome of alkahestry, like most others seem to do. I actually kept the original skyblock(with a bed to avoid respawning into the Void), the sand island, and the nether island is almost exactly the same, it's just expanded a bit because OCD. I did add an island in the real world and in the Nether, just so you have a few things to get started.

YOU MUST HAVE RELIQUARY ENABLED TO PLAY THE MAP AS INTENDED!

New to version 1.2:
Custome crafting using the Custom Crafting Pouch. I am only using this for items that I would like for the player to be able to get, but is impossible to make infinite. The only two recipes are for nikolite and quartz. The actual recipes are in the recipe book ingame. I also made the entire map a forest biome.

My only rules are: do not go into any dimensions added by mods, and do not go to the Mainland. I won't stop you from visiting the twilight forest, but if you start building there and quarrying there, is sort of ruins the point of the map.

• The apiary hut has a lot of key resources that are rather difficult to obtain otherwise, so use them very wisely.
  • pigmen drop gold and minium shards!
  • If you have enough villagers, then IRON golems spawn. Zombies also have a small chance to drop iron when killed.
  • redstone will be very tight until you can get your hands on an alkahest or have a steady source of EU and a mass fabricator. I would suggest getting some excited bees. (valiant cultivated)
  • read the book in the Nether and take its advice to heart. For more info on the subject, click here.
  • If the dragon blows up the special block in the End (there will be an empty hole in the wall) then Yell "Retired Bridges" (;P)
  • In the beginning, food will be scarce, so build out early. You start out will full saturation, but it won't last forever.
  • thaumcraft has transmutation.
  • Need rubber? kill slimes.
  • Queen complaining about hostile environment? Get an acclimatiser!
  • Feel free to suggest more!
Spawn Island (notice the pure node of about 100 vis)
A6bwDIg.png

Desert Island
K1a1o5f.png

Portal Island
r8x6gfi.png

Apiarist's Island
dNPm5kB.png

Nether Island
MenIU7N.png

The texture pack is familiar yet different and is available in the FTB launcher under texture packs.
  1. Make full Quantum armour (including Gravichestplate and HV solar hat)
  2. Get a kilobucket (1000 buckets) of liquid DNA
  3. Get a stack of diamond combs
  4. Get a stack of electrum combs
  5. Get a Jaded Queen
  6. Put an enderchest inside of an enderchest (enderception)
  7. fill an ender tank with molten ender (enderception 2)
  8. Make a shrine for a dragon egg
  9. craft a portal gun
  10. Make a steam Boiler
Suggest more please!
FTB Unleashed Faithful Download

Direwolf20 Skyblock Faithful Download

WARNING: Be sure to back up your computercraft programs on a floppy disk or on pastebin before installing a recipe update!
Recipe Update 3 Download

As per request, my personal world. I will probably be taking a break from playing the map to work on a 1.5 version now that reliquary is updated. THIS MAP IS FOR 1.4.7 DW20 ONLY!

Dev playthrough
As this map is a beta, there may or may not be bugs/issues with the map. If there are any issues with the map, please tell me about it so I can fix it. I also need some challenges.

If you like the map, feel free to give me a diamond on PMC!

Reactions: the_j485

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a Redpower Island, which would have a villager with some settings that give them infinite stock, and a couple of powerful regen buffs so he doesn't die. He would give Nikolite and Gems. Dunno what he would want in return, though. That's up to you, really.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You could make a Redpower Island, which would have a villager with some settings that give them infinite stock, and a couple of powerful regen buffs so he doesn't die. He would give Nikolite and Gems. Dunno what he would want in return, though. That's up to you, really.
I'm trying to avoid putting in a shop, but I don't have much of a coice until EE3 gets a way to transmute nikolite. Xycraft and AE are not too important, as anything with AE can be done with buildcraft and redpower, and xycraft is basically fabricators, multitanks, and fanciness. Nikolite is needed for sorting machines, retrievers, and regulators.

What I think I'm going to do is make an enderchest frequency that you can put 8 redstone and 1 lapis lazuli to get 8 nikolite. It's like you're infusing the redstone with blue, turning redstone power into blulectricity. I am NOT putting any custom villagers into the map. Also, I might make another "recipe" for a diamond and four glass to make four quartz. One more thing I'll do is one emerald for a green sapphire, so you can make a sonic screwdriver. Expect a new version by tomorrow.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Downloaded and started playing. First thing I noticed that will be an issue, besides the lack of RP2 ores: Biomes for bee breeding. We have river, swamp, and something else that I haven't checked, yet. MCEdit can change biomes, as can WorldPainter, I believe. If not that, providing Mystcraft books to single biome void ages is a good idea. You could put those in the bee hut thing, probably.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Downloaded and started playing. First thing I noticed that will be an issue, besides the lack of RP2 ores: Biomes for bee breeding. We have river, swamp, and something else that I haven't checked, yet. MCEdit can change biomes, as can WorldPainter, I believe. If not that, providing Mystcraft books to single biome void ages is a good idea. You could put those in the bee hut thing, probably.
Completely forgot about that. i just uploaded a new version with a custom crafting thing too. Oh well, I'll just go and add biomes real quick. The download will be down while I do this, but whatever. You will need to start over, unfortunately.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Actually, You can get an acclimatiser, magma crucible, and a halfway decent engine without much issue, and biomepainter is really hard to use. I don't want to include the mystcraft books, because that seems a bit lazy. If you really need other bees to work in your biome, then acclimatiser. I will go ahead and use MCEdit to make the entire world a forest biome, though. That way, you can get the heroic bees, and you have an entire world of normal humidity and temperature.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright, it was a bit of an adventure, but I did manage to make the entire world a forest biome. I did need to create some new chunks, so there is void, strip of land, stip of void, land. I forgot to actually mention that you are not allowed to go to the mainland either. As far as redstone goes, you can still get an excited bee without the need of an acclimatiser.

I also made a custom recipe system with an enderpouch. You put the necessary ingredients inside the chest, and it spits out the resultant item(s). Right now I have 8 redstone + 1 lapis makes 8 nikolite, and 4 glass + 4 nikolite + 1 diamond = 4 quartz crystals from Applied Energistics. The machine will take the 8 redstone even if there is no lapis inside the pouch, but as soon as you put in the lapis, it will craft the nikolite for you. All of the recipes that are currently in are in a recipe book inside of the pouch. I will expand the recipe book as I add more recipes.

If you already started a world, scrap it if you want AE and blutricity, as well as the stable forest biome. The download is now live!

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea, we have already a WIP Ultimate - Skyblock map. The issues Id see myself running into are non renewable items like Xycraft Ores, which Id like to obtain. If its implemented already Im sorry, but if not, Traders are awesome ;)

Edit: Also Netherrelated Rock, ie Soulsand and Netherrack arent obtainable after farming and using your initial Netherisland. The only way I see there are Scrapboxes or maybe UU-Matter but that seems to be a but over the top.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I like the idea, we have already a WIP Ultimate - Skyblock map. The issues Id see myself running into are non renewable items like Xycraft Ores, which Id like to obtain. If its implemented already Im sorry, but if not, Traders are awesome ;)

Edit: Also Netherrelated Rock, ie Soulsand and Netherrack arent obtainable after farming and using your initial Netherisland. The only way I see there are Scrapboxes or maybe UU-Matter but that seems to be a but over the top.
look up soul forge recipes. With the Soul Forge you can turn cobble into Netherrack and stone brick into Nether brick. The soul sand must be obtained through alkahestry, though. The tome of alkahest isn't too hard to get.

I am not implimenting villager traders, but I do have a custom recipes type machine in place set up and quite expandable. I didn't put in Xycraft ores because there really isn't too much you can do with it, but I don't use the mod too much. I don't want to use traders because everyone who makes FTB skyblock maps make traders. This is a hard map, with little resources. I only have crafting recipes for the stuff that needs to be crafted, and in future versions, I probably will just rely on EE3 for renewable resources.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Right i keep forgetting the soul forge :)
Is there a way to obtain glowstone / glowstone dust?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Right i keep forgetting the soul forge :)
Is there a way to obtain glowstone / glowstone dust?
Bees, or the altar of alkahest/light. The name changed, so I'm not sure which name is in the map. The recipe involves redstone lamps and an emerald. With your exited bees, you can get plenty of redstone to fuel it with, and when you get an alkahest, you can turn pretty much anything cheap into redstone. Also UU, but starting off you are probably going to want some altars of light. The glowering bee, if I recall correctly, is a bit of a journey to breed, while the Excited bee is simply valiant cultivated.

EDIT: Also villagers have a trade for glowstone.

Basically, at the beginning you need to ration your materials, and use them very, very wisely. To start up with bees you actually need an engine, a squeezer, and a carpenter. I really stuck with giving the player very few resources. I do want to add a princess crafting option, anyone have any ideas?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
a stack of combs for a Queen?
I'm just going to do a drone, a gold block, and four lapis for a common queen. I am also going to upload a new version with the recipe machine inside its own age so that if I add more recipes, you can easily update without having to start over. I should have done this in the first place, so sorry about that. I will post a fix for existing worlds, so you don't have to start over to still receive recipe updates.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Okay, I'll have an update out in about 30 minutes or so, which includes the recipe machine being in an alternate dimension, and a recipe for a queen (16 beeswax, 1 block of gold and any drone.) I also took the nikolite out of the quartz recipe, and made a recipe for Dark xychorium. The others aren't necessary, but liquid voids are really nice for a lot of builds. And as for aesthetics go, I really don't care. I'm not including anything because people simply like to build with it. My arguments as far as xychorium goes:

• red: Fire basin is currently expensive netherrack.
  • Green: Xychorium Soil is not necessary for any sort of build. You can just plant plants on what they are supposed to be planted on.
  • blue: xychorium water is cool and all, but the same effect is gotten with an aqueous accumulator, just much more compact.
  • White: Ice can be gotten from a glacial precipitator.
  • the liquid void is a very unique block that is very nice in a large variety of builds.
So there you have it, folks.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
And the download will be up shortly! If you haven't already started, then please update. If you have already started and don't want to start over, then download the fix under the Fix for v.1.3 spoiler. Doing this will allow you to get recipe updates by simply installing a new DIM_MYST2 folder and drag&drop it in. In any future recipe updates you can get the new recipe book by putting your old one in the pouch with a wooden pickaxe. Why a wooden pickaxe? It's easy to make and the only reason why you would have a new one is if you're updating your recipe book or just started out.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
I like the fact you thought about the people who started already :) Thanks for that, even if Im not on of these. I cant recall exactly, is the Fabricator made out of random Xychoridite or does it need blue one?

Keep the good work up :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I like the fact you thought about the people who started already :) Thanks for that, even if Im not on of these. I cant recall exactly, is the Fabricator made out of random Xychoridite or does it need blue one?

Keep the good work up :)
I put a lot of thought into xychorium, and the fabricator was the first of my concerns. It needs any engineering brick. The water needs blue.