[BETA] Skyblock Unleashed Faithful [ Update 8/8/13]

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
I've just downloaded the newest update and my pouch isn't working. Checked the computers in world 2 and they all have the same error "Startup:9: index expected, got nil"

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
So i'm just starting to realize that this map is quite a bit more difficult than it was before.

The old Forestry farms were removed so you have to wait for apatite bees before you can use Forestry automation, Soul Shards require The End before you can even make them and farming a tier 5 ZP shard is more difficult because of the nitro creepers and the spiders and the fact that you can't get soul stealer.

On the other hand having another way to get all the metals, oreberry bushes, is a nice improvement if only each bush didn't cost 20+ pistons from the villagers.

All in all still an enjoyable map but more of a challange now.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
End stone shouldn't be a big issue to get if you just transmute some gold to ender pearls and get to the end early, get some end stone, place a book, and GTFO.
The old forestry farms were removed? I did not know that. I'll have to make a recipe for apatite then. It'll probably be 1 diamond +4 bone meal for a stack of the stuff.
Nitro creepers actually need darkness to spawn, and large heatscar spiders can be prevented by preventing ghast spawns. (needs 3x3 of space)

VoxBlox

Jul 29, 2019
so I cant for the life of me think of any way to get leather or feathers without going to twilight forest can anyone help me out?

Carl the Wimp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really liking this map so far!

I've got one annoying bug and a few comments about missing resources.

The bug is in the trading system. For things like certus quartz, where you get 4 quartz as the result of the trade, if you trade for enough of it at a time you don't get all of it... the turtle's slot 1 empties out and the turtle.dropDown(items) doesn't drop as many items as it should. (It's possible that this could be a problem with 1-item-result trades too; I'm not sure.) At the least, you should check before the turtle.dropDown() and wait for it to have enough items; or to allow the trading to proceed more quickly, you could switch to other slots and drop the items from whatever slot has enough items in it.

There's another minor issue with the trading system... if you want to trade for a lot of tin at once, you'll have to have iron and tin in the chest/pouch at the same time, so you'll end up accidentally trading for some ferrous ingots. Maybe you could adjust the ferrous ingot recipe? For instance, adding a cobblestone as an ingredient would make sure you didn't accidentally trigger the trade. (I just go into the trading dimension and terminate the ferrous-ingot turtle's program whenever I want to trade for tin.)

And a couple of missing resources. I was going to wait on Forestry farms until I did some bee breeding to get apatite (I've got some MFR and Steve's Carts farms instead), but then I noticed that the apatine bee is bred from a rural bee, so we can't get it at all. (Plus, I like the "gotta get them all" idea of having one of each possible serum vial.) Also, some of the bee products are "specialties" that only show up if the bee is in its preferred temperature/humidity biome. Maybe at some point you could give access to a mystcraft tiny-biomes void age with a nice variety of biomes for bee breeding and production? (I think I'll make one myself, relaxing the rule on making mystcraft ages to allow it as long as it's a void age.)

The other missing resource is mystcraft crystal -- I'd like to make some portals, but I can't. (I'll probably make another mystcraft age just to get some crystal, and not get any other resources from that age. I wonder if crystals show up if you make a void age that includes the crystal symbol? Probably not.) How about adding a recipe for crystal? I'd suggest one diamond plus a stack of end stone gives you a stack of crystal.

Edited to add: I forgot one more missing resource. Evidently Magic Bees added some new hives? I think that the Infernal bee (that you need to breed the Tinker's Construct bees) comes from a hive that we don't have access to. Not sure if there are any other missing hives/bees...

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm really liking this map so far!

Holy snip, batman!
  • I totally forgot to implement a sleep function into the programs. I'll fix that soon.
  • Yeah, I'll make it an iron nugget and a tin dust makes a ferrous dust.
  • Apatite is planned, i just haven't gotten around to it. I will also make a mystcraft age with every single vanilla biome, tiny biomes (maybe the checkerboard thing) and move the apiary over there.
  • Crystals are not necessary for any practical purpose. The same effects can be achieved via other means, although i am open to arguments on the matter. if you convince me of some unique uses of mystcraft portals, then I might reconsider.
  • The infernal hive was added after I made the map (i think) and as such was not included. I also need to regen the End so that it generates with proper hives.
Right now I'm busy with school and GM'ing the next werewolf game, but I'll go ahead and update when I'm able.

Carl the Wimp

Jul 29, 2019
  • I totally forgot to implement a sleep function into the programs. I'll fix that soon.
  • Yeah, I'll make it an iron nugget and a tin dust makes a ferrous dust.
  • Apatite is planned, i just haven't gotten around to it. I will also make a mystcraft age with every single vanilla biome, tiny biomes (maybe the checkerboard thing) and move the apiary over there.
Cool!
  • Crystals are not necessary for any practical purpose. The same effects can be achieved via other means, although i am open to arguments on the matter. if you convince me of some unique uses of mystcraft portals, then I might reconsider.
Well, I wanted to build a transport system where you select your destination from a list on a computer monitor, and a turtle moves the correct book into the book receptacle so you can just walk through the portal and end up where you wanted to go. That's certainly not "necessary", especially since the whole base is small enough that it's pretty fast just to fly around; but I'd have fun building it, which is sort of the point of the map. You could do something similar with portal gun portal spawners and computers with wireless modems, but that's a lot more expensive (nether stars!), more work to set up, and only works within one dimension.
  • The infernal hive was added after I made the map (i think) and as such was not included. I also need to regen the End so that it generates with proper hives.
Right now I'm busy with school and GM'ing the next werewolf game, but I'll go ahead and update when I'm able.
Excellent. If you add new bees by adding them to the trading system, then your trading-system update would let us get the bees on our existing map... (I really like the idea of the trading-system update, by the way.)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
4 certus quartz+4 nether quartz+1 diamond = 64 crystal.
I'll add the beehives to the recipe update via hopper on chest. if you don't have them, you get them. If you have them already, you get more, but queens are pretty easy to get once you get going with bees.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
And, since eunomiac is dragging out the werewolf game, I had some extra time on my hands to do the update. I had to fix all of the turtles so they functioned properly, as well as add the missing hive. I also added a recipe for apatite and mystcraft crystals, although the crystals are not really neccesary, they are still nice to have. And actually, thinking about it, mystcraft portals are the only really reliable way to transmit minecarts between dimensions. If you are installing the recipe update, then to get to the bee age, you must either /tpx 5 and make a linking book, or do /myst-agebook 5 to give yourself the age book.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
fixed.

And no, I'm not using the direwolf20 modpack because he doesn't use reliquary. That reminds me,

This map requires you to have reliquary enabled.

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
so ... the pouch is taking my items and not giving me anything back, the turtle is giving the error startup:31: attempt to compare __lt on boolean and number

Carl the Wimp

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update! I'm happy to have official recipes for apatite and crystal and an official bee-breeding age. (It's a bit annoying that the trading system doesn't work as shipped, but I figured out how to fix it; see below.)

A few issues (on top of the trading system not working at all):

The README.txt in the recipe update ZIP file has the wrong save filename (DW20 Skyblock Faithful), and says to trade in a wooden pickaxe when the turtle actually wants a tinker's construct wooden pickaxe head.

The sign on the apiary in the beebreeding age says it's owned by jadedcat, but it looks like it's actually owned by goreae.

The recipe book says that the recipe for apatite is 4 bonemeal + 1 glass, but the turtle actually wants 4 bonemeal + 1 crate + 1 diamond. (Quite a difference in expense there!)

By the way, looks like the simplest way to fix the trading system is just to remove the "not" from line 31 of disk/startup ... the logic was backward anyway. (At least it worked for a couple of trades.)

I saw that you provided a link modifier in the full map, so I cheated one in for myself... maybe you should put one in the hopper with the hives?

Thanks again for the map and the update! Still enjoying it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Thanks for the update! I'm happy to have official recipes for apatite and crystal and an official bee-breeding age. (It's a bit annoying that the trading system doesn't work as shipped, but I figured out how to fix it; see below.)
Yeah... computers are so picky. -_-
The README.txt in the recipe update ZIP file has the wrong save filename (DW20 Skyblock Faithful), and says to trade in a wooden pickaxe when the turtle actually wants a tinker's construct wooden pickaxe head.
I never bothered to update that old thing, although I probably should. :p
The sign on the apiary in the beebreeding age says it's owned by jadedcat, but it looks like it's actually owned by goreae.
I was going to edit its NBT so you can make jaded bees in it, but I forgot.
The recipe book says that the recipe for apatite is 4 bonemeal + 1 glass, but the turtle actually wants 4 bonemeal + 1 crate + 1 diamond. (Quite a difference in expense there!)
blarg! I was making last minute adjustments, because there is simply not enough storage space for apatite, but plenty for apatite crates.
By the way, looks like the simplest way to fix the trading system is just to remove the "not" from line 31 of disk/startup ... the logic was backward anyway. (At least it worked for a couple of trades.)
I tried to fix that, but I guess I missed some.
I saw that you provided a link modifier in the full map, so I cheated one in for myself... maybe you should put one in the hopper with the hives?
I did? really? where? this is news to me. I don't remember putting any link modifiers anywhere. Especially since you can do those things with the ink well now and the link modifier is just a creative mode tool.