Beginner's Quest - First Time Being a GM! [GAME THREAD]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Cheese if you're gonna trot out phrases like "more suspicious" I demand some sort of example of what you find suspicious.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Shazam08, so far Leth and Erin are both being highly suspicious. Nojr just propositioned me via pms. Corpse cat is dodging the game. Cheese is trying to defend Erindalc. Fowltief is threatening violence against people he has nothing against. Any top picks for scum?

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
@Shazam08, so far Leth and Erin are both being highly suspicious. Nojr just propositioned me via pms. Corpse cat is dodging the game. Cheese is trying to defend Erindalc. Fowltief is threatening violence against people he has nothing against. Any top picks for scum?
i'm not threatening I'm just apart of the Save Pyure Conglomerate and can't vote for you..

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
So I just did an attempt at catching up with the game.

Vote shazam Going to school and wanna vote in case I forget. If I don't change that or supply ample reason to keep it on by the end of the day, shoot me.
According to the clock in the OP we still have more than 38 hours before day's end. @RealKC ?

Oh I have a half-decent plan. Ok so my plan is, we butcher Nojr and feed his corpse to the pigs. My thinking is: he votes me every game because he feels like if he tries to play "properly" then he just gets killed for being different.

We need to encourage him to feel comfortable playing. By, uh, killing him.

Vote Nojr.
At this moment I was very tempted to follow your advice Pyure.

@Lethosos, on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is "awesome", and 1 is "only kind of awesome", what do you think of my clever slaughter-nojr-idea?
@Ulfari, I'm proposing that we slaughter Nojr. As a newer player, how do you feel about this plan of action?
At this moment I thought Pyure was drawing a lot of attention to his nonsense ploy against Nojr, but at the same time asking other players for more activity, making him look a little towny to me, if anything.

If I were a cop in a game that had cops with night-0 scans, ulfari would be my hypothetical town scan :p
My thought: "Pyure, what are you even trying to accomplish with this? This seems to add nothing of value, besides amusement! (which is cool, ofc.)"

This erindal thing is interesting to me. Let's take a closer look shall we? I'll try to give both wolf and town sides to it, basically look at the post, say if he's a wolf, what could this mean? If he's town, what could this mean? Well here we go.

His first vote is a bit odd. He claims the pyure/nojr thing is silly and then takes part in the "battle" by voting for pyure. Seems a bit contradictory to me.

If he's a wolf, it's a good play to try and off a good player by forcing a tie, or he could be specifically targetting pyure and figures a tie will likely be broken.

If he's town, it's a weird vote, and could be legit, but I don't know how tying up the war is supposed to help stop it.

Town: he made the vote post and then thought he's probably gonna attack me for this.
Wolf: He made the post, got attacked for it, and decided to spin it as a trap of sorts to shift blame to pyure.

I'd just like to note here that pyure being jumpy or paranoid is absolutely nothing new. As a side note, the only game I played with pyure where I noticed he was considerably more trusting than usual, he was a wolf.

Though I don't know why proving pyure is jumpy is in any way helpful. Though he does seem much more agressive than usual, but that may just be a ploy to draw in wolves. He knows there's a seer, so if he's a wolf he's doing a real good job of drawing attention. That's gonna get him scanned first night. Though that also may be a ploy to draw out the seer and put him out of commision ASAP.
To me, this sounds way as if you are deliberately shifting the attention away from Pyure and towards Erin. I don't really see what your personal motives for this could be. You seem to be trying way too hard considering the fairly tame circumstances. Neither of both have even made real solid points against each other, so why bother defending one of both in favour of the other?

Though I'd also look at frederikam. He asked if there was a seer, which could mean he is the seer and wants people to know there is one, he's some other town who wants to know that they have the info coming in, or he's a wolf and wants to know whether or not to focus on searching for said seer. And if there are two whether or not they need to continue their search after they find one. I have nothing solid against him at this point though, so I'm just gonna say keep that in mind.
Just as an Fyi, the OP now states that there are exactly two seers and I'd have asked the same question if Fred hadn't done so already. Would that make me either a seer or a wolf as well?

Eyy guys let's be those guys and not let pyure lynch who he wants because he said this.
If Pyure is really as good as he claims to be, we are going to lynch whomever he wants to be lynched anyway.

WOW LYNCH ERINDALC? WHAT A BAD IDEA! LETH LOOKS MUCH MORE SUSPICIOUS.
vote lethosos
We all know this is a BS accusation and vote... Pyure, you should be very familiar with this.

Either way, what I conclude from this is that Goreae looks the most suspicious to me. ##vote Goreae
And if he dies and turns out to be a baddy, then Pyure should probably be next? Also, Pyure was accusing me that voting for myself was nonsense, while he himself has been spamming this thread with nonsensical accusations and frantic posting. In Dutch we have a saying: "Door de bomen zie ik het bos niet meer", which would translate to "I can't see the forest anymore, because of the trees." I've been accused of providing too much information in previous games, but it seems like Pyure is trying to do something similar right now.

Your thoughts?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey that saying is cross-cultural, neato. "Can't see the forest for the trees."

Rob, I'm concerned that your post looks like you're trying really hard to look town.

Reactions: fowltief

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Hey that saying is cross-cultural, neato. "Can't see the forest for the trees."

Rob, I'm concerned that your post looks like you're trying really hard to look town.
If my posts make me look town, that'd just be a positive side-effect. :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So then why did you say anything at all? :p
Because I was suspicious of your action and wanted to draw attention to it?

Btw, how are you not helping me kill erindalc and leave his family utterly destroyed and broken as a result? Doesn't that sound fun?

On a scale of 1->10, I give him a scumrating of higher than 2.4, which is monstrously high on D1. EASY PEASY LYNCH I SAY.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Slow down there... day one has barely started.
And right now you're just trying to draw attention away from my well-founded (at least compared to my typical reasonings) suspicion of Goreae, which in turn makes you look scummy to me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well that's swell. I for one find goreae totally innocent and nobody should ever try to lynch him.

(hahahah suck on that goreae)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm... honestly not sure what all to classify as actual analysis and what to classify as Pyure goofing around.

I, for one, don't see robijn making a post like that as a wolf, particularly not this early in the game.

Pyure... is Pyure. I don't even know what he's up to.

I don't see what's wolfy in Leth's posts. ##Vote Cheese for asserting Leth's wolfiness with no explanation.

Reactions: Lethosos and Pyure

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
To me, this sounds way as if you are deliberately shifting the attention away from Pyure and towards Erin. I don't really see what your personal motives for this could be. You seem to be trying way too hard considering the fairly tame circumstances. Neither of both have even made real solid points against each other, so why bother defending one of both in favour of the other?
First of all I never defend my wolfbros. They're on their own out there. (heh all 3 forms of there) Secondly, I wasn't trying to defend pyure, erindal's vote just seemed fishy to me so I decided to look closer at it.
Just as an Fyi, the OP now states that there are exactly two seers and I'd have asked the same question if Fred hadn't done so already. Would that make me either a seer or a wolf as well?
Have you actually read that post? I basically said he could be anything. Actually, let's bring his response.
1. If I was mafia and I wanted to get such information for planning ahead while avoiding such suspicion, I would ask RealKC in a PM.
2. I don't like how you are implying I could be a wolf if I'm not a seer.
I thought of #1 as well. However, I also considered that maybe a wolf wouldn't think that asking if there was a seer would be very suspicious. Or since the wolves may not have a role convo, a wolf wouldn't think to post the question in the wolf convo. Though I do concede that were I in those shoes I'd ask in PM as to perhaps get an informational edge over my opponents. Because maybe real would respond in private and not in public, giving me the edge as the wolves would be the only ones who really know about the seer situation.

But for number two, I implied no such thing. I said that each role would have reasonable unterior motives to ask that question in public. A seer would want people to know they're there. A wolf would want to know if they're in danger of discovery, and the post could also make them look townier. Another townie would want confirmation that people are out there with definitive evidence of wolfcraft. I did word the last bit of my post wrongly when I said "I have nothing solid against him". By that I meant this info proves nothing but is still good to keep in the back of your mind when considering frederikam. Heck he could've had no ulterior motives whatsoever and have just been asking a question. The only reason I even said that is those motives could prove useful at some point in time. By itself, the information is useless. But it could fit in with other evidence. Note I actually don't suspect fred at this time. I have no reason at this point to believe he even has an ulterior motive. I'm simply pointing out the fact that it's a possibility.