Beginner's Quest - First Time Being a GM! [GAME THREAD]

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm being honest here--I'm just curious as to why you're pursuing the inverse of "Everyone Votes Pyure D1" on Nojr there.

And it's only a 3. Not total crap, but it's a revenge vote of which I steer clear on.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Robijnvogel, by voting yourself, I feel that you're obfuscating the game and making it harder to discern your motives. I can't use your vote as a means of plausibly determining your possible role or alignment. Can you come up with a random reason to vote someone so that I can think of a reason to kill you please?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You're revenge-voting. Not the best of moves.

No I'm not. I provided a very clear reason for my vote that had zero OMGUS value.

My reasoning: Nojr always votes a single person (me) because of (probably) at least two good reasons: 1) it obfuscates his play, and 2) doing otherwise draws attention. He always survives by doing this. I'm suggesting that by killing him, it will give him the flexibility and incentive to play "properly".

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
And thank you for the explanation. I'm fine with shoving lit torches at people's groins in an effort to get them to play better.

##Vote Nojr for now.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
No I'm not. I provided a very clear reason for my vote that had zero OMGUS value.

My reasoning: Nojr always votes a single person (me) because of (probably) at least two good reasons: 1) it obfuscates his play, and 2) doing otherwise draws attention. He always survives by doing this. I'm suggesting that by killing him, it will give him the flexibility and incentive to play "properly".

I say it's best to try and push him instead. I don't like lurkers either but I think it's best to get them to speak rather than just straight up killing them. @016Nojr what is your stance on Pyure's approach to your play?

Remember, policy lynch is the bane of all mafia communities. I can get a little salty myself after getting killed at vanilla townie on D1/N1 3 games in a row. Please be reasonable.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ey, are you a wolf since you are trying so hard this specific game?
Who are you asking? If you're asking Frederikam, probably. That guy is worth D1-lynching every game.

If you're asking me, no, I'm not a wolf since I'm trying so hard this specific game.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
@Robijnvogel, by voting yourself, I feel that you're obfuscating the game and making it harder to discern your motives. I can't use your vote as a means of plausibly determining your possible role or alignment. Can you come up with a random reason to vote someone so that I can think of a reason to kill you please?
It's a tradition. I'll put down a reason for you to kill me once I get more time, okay?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, as you can see, I'm aggressively being a dink to anyone who plays "traditions" instead of "werewolf" so dont be terribly annoyed if I get you killed simply for being yourself :p

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Yeah, as you can see, I'm aggressively being a dink to anyone who plays "traditions" instead of "werewolf" so dont be terribly annoyed if I get you killed simply for being yourself :p
Wanna make a deal? We lynch Robijn ;) That way, both of us are happy, I survive, and you can be a dink to Robijn and not me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wanna make a deal? We lynch Robijn ;) That way, both of us are happy, I survive, and you can be a dink to Robijn and not me.
I feel like you'll have a better werewolf experience going forward if in future games you can say "I'm voting XXX because last time I voted pyure he lynched me " :p

Reactions: Robijnvogel

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
@Lethosos Please bold your votes

So I'm going to even out the Pyure-Nojr war and ##vote Pyure

Because all of this proves nothing and is silly.

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure as a new inhabitant of this town, I think that silent creeps are the worst, watching between curtain and listening thought doors without participating in town life.
So I might vote Someone else :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
erindalc, wolftells for you too dude. Honestly.

You can't vote people because of "all of this proves nothing." You're implying that someone (nojr? me?) is trying to prove something, and you're using it as a justification for a vote.

Nojr, you're off the hook. I like erindalcwolf theory better than nojrwolf.

vote erindalc.