Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
ok thanks i'll be able to figure it out from here
Made a little example setup here:
pXYcWwB.png

Got the Mass Fabricator running on the High Voltage line, the Induction Furnaces on the Medium Voltage line and other Low voltage machines divided up into various groups.

Oh and a little hint: If you prefer using Glass Fibre cables for everything(In 1.4.7 you probably just should with loss rates), you could make the "Painter", craft it with a dye and use it to colour the Glass Fibre cables. This way you can paint your different voltages different colours to avoid making mistakes.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
View attachment 15093 will this work? or do the transformers need to be facing different ways if they need to be swtiched just say which way

For transformers the 3 dotted side it the High voltage side.
You might also have to give them a redstone signal to make them actually step down, or maybe not- I forget what the default is.

If you haven't figured it out yet, you can use a wrench (the bronze IndustrialCraft one; there might also be a Prototype Omniwrench that will work too, as well as on logs, stairs, chests, Buildcraft machines, Thermal Expansion machines, and probably some more that I'm forgetting)

O13SC3N3

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where to post this, tried with the server hosting at creeperhost they are stumped.

When generating worlds in MystCraft (Single player is just fine) on our server. We get the following error in the server logs, and everyone disconnects.

[Server thread/WARN]: Failed to handle packet for /173.219.51.40:1933
03:28:18 java.lang.NullPointerException
03:28:18 at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101) ~[FMLProxyPacket.class:?]
03:28:18 at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]
03:28:18 at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
03:28:18 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
03:28:18 at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
03:28:18 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
03:28:18 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
03:28:18 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]

any ideas the problem?

SilverIris

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, or it's in the wrong place. Apologies in advance.

I'm on infinity, and there's a mod that's displaying information about the blocks I have my crosshair on.
It shows if it's currently harvestable, which tool is most effective from it, and what mod it is from.

I would like to be able to turn this off for the time being. Which mod is it? Or, how do I turn this particular feature off?

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
NP I love it when it comes to machines to tell what they are. I know when vanilla added it I thought it was a pain. But now I've grown to like waila alot.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it out yet myself because I'm not completely sure on how to do it, but would it be possible to automate Thaumcraft crucible crafting using Thaumic Energistics?
I know you can automate the crucible crafting using the alchemical construct, but you need to supply the construct with both essentia and a catalyst to perform the crucible crafting.

now with Thaumic Energistics you're able to supply essentia to blocks and machines that require them, but would it also be possible to automate it so you set a crafting pattern in applied energistics, and when you want to craft the item both the essentia and the catalyst gets send to an alchemical construct for it to be crafted and the resulting item gets send back into the system?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I haven't tried it out yet myself because I'm not completely sure on how to do it, but would it be possible to automate Thaumcraft crucible crafting using Thaumic Energistics?
I know you can automate the crucible crafting using the alchemical construct, but you need to supply the construct with both essentia and a catalyst to perform the crucible crafting.

now with Thaumic Energistics you're able to supply essentia to blocks and machines that require them, but would it also be possible to automate it so you set a crafting pattern in applied energistics, and when you want to craft the item both the essentia and the catalyst gets send to an alchemical construct for it to be crafted and the resulting item gets send back into the system?
Have no experience with Thaum Energistics or AE2 for that matter, but would it perhaps be possible to set up a pattern for the wanted item with some kind of dummy item. Them when the dummy item gets exported into some inventory(or BC pipe with a gate piping the dummy item back into network) you detect it and use a dark cable(if anything such still exists) to enable the things requiring the essentia. The dummy item could then also start a timer I guess which would trigger the catalyst when essentia have been added. Maybe :D

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Does Sword of the Zephyr still exist in current Thaumcraft versions?

If it does, can it still transform a boat into a spaceship?

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I played a lot with Iguana Tweaks for the Tinkers Construct with different packs with different minecarft versions, and I have a little problem with it.
I NEVER EVER can apply mob head to any of my tools.
I searched a lot about it but never find an answer.

How I add a mob head to my tool?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Have no experience with Thaum Energistics or AE2 for that matter, but would it perhaps be possible to set up a pattern for the wanted item with some kind of dummy item. Them when the dummy item gets exported into some inventory(or BC pipe with a gate piping the dummy item back into network) you detect it and use a dark cable(if anything such still exists) to enable the things requiring the essentia. The dummy item could then also start a timer I guess which would trigger the catalyst when essentia have been added. Maybe :D

I don't know if that'll work... I was kind of hoping the crucible crafting would be easy to automate using Thaumic Energistics because I often mess it up... perhaps it's worth a try to ask the developers about this.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't know if that'll work... I was kind of hoping the crucible crafting would be easy to automate using Thaumic Energistics because I often mess it up... perhaps it's worth a try to ask the developers about this.
If it works anything like ExtraCells and fluids, then I was extremely disappointed that it was not possible to set recipes in ME interfaces on machines to export set amounts of fluids on craft. That is what really should have been possible IMO. Imagine what you could do with TiCO for example if that were the case.

trephor

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for some very helpful person to tell me how to turn gregtech hard mode off or at least back to as it was in resurrection 1.0.0
because from I updated the server to 1.0.1 it is now on hard mode and its not fair for new players that where in the middle of setting up a certain way and have now got hard mode to deal with

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am looking for some very helpful person to tell me how to turn gregtech hard mode off or at least back to as it was in resurrection 1.0.0
because from I updated the server to 1.0.1 it is now on hard mode and its not fair for new players that where in the middle of setting up a certain way and have now got hard mode to deal with
Unless big changes to GT have been made between the two versions, it might be possible for you to simply take the configs from the 1.0.0 version and upload them to the server and distribute them to all the players. You would have to make certain that everyone acquires and installs these same configs though as it will not be automatic.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Does Sword of the Zephyr still exist in current Thaumcraft versions?

If it does, can it still transform a boat into a spaceship?
Yes, it exists, but rather than a TC2-style "flight" mechanic, it just deflects projectiles while you block with it and swings with an AoE. For the "flight", you'll need either the Uprising wand focus in Thaumic Tinkerer, TT's Sword of the Zephyr/Uprising Focus combo sword thingy (if that still exists- haven't checked recently), or the Air Sigil from Blood Magic.

Not sure if any of them can make boats fly, though. I might have to try that sometime...