Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Witches are generally considered the best due to their regen, but you can do whatever you want.

Was just curious, as I know it makes a difference when using the dagger.

Don't care about regen as I have a MFR spawner for the Well. Currently using villagers because they don't drop anything, plus it amuses me. It's stacked on top of a wisp spawner. :D

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019

Don't care about regen as I have a MFR spawner for the Well. Currently using villagers because they don't drop anything, plus it amuses me. It's stacked on top of a wisp spawner. :D
I assumed you meant side effects as those were once a listed feature that never got implemented. The rate at which you gain LP from the ritual is determined by the number of mobs in the radius and the number of Runes of Sacrifice you have on the altar. The health of the mob determines how long it will be in the ritual, as unlike the dagger it does DoT.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

I assumed you meant side effects as those were once a listed feature that never got implemented. The rate at which you gain LP from the ritual is determined by the number of mobs in the radius and the number of Runes of Sacrifice you have on the altar. The health of the mob determines how long it will be in the ritual, as unlike the dagger it does DoT.
You can boost the efficiency of the Well if you can find some way to heal the mobs it's damaging, so it can drain more life out of them. I once tried to do this by autocrafting Potions of Harming and deploying them at the zombies and skeletons trapped in a Ritual of Containment underneath my altar (which heals them, by the way), but I couldn't find a way to produce them fast enough. I managed to produce the Spider Eyes needed by creating a cage around the center of the Ritual made of cobblestone blocks atop ExtraUtilities Iron Spikes (although I may need to use Diamond Spikes now) so that the spiders (spawned by Cursed Earth-powered vanilla spawners, mostly) would be killed by the spikes, dropping eyes (they only drop eyes from player kills, and iron spikes are/were one of the few blocks that emulate player kills), but not the one-block-wide undead, which were pulled through the cage into the AoE of the potions. On top of that, I would need massive sugarcane, netherwart, and sugarcane farms to produce the other necessary reagents, which I never got around to. This was in a testworld, so I just spawned in a bunch of the other reagents.

ChromatiCraft (formerly GeoStrata) potion crystals would've been much simpler. Regeneration III to all nearby mobs at no cost whatsoever, beyond the (rather large) cost to craft them, should be more than enough to keep a swarm of non-undead mobs alive through almost anything. However, trying to install Reika's mods broke my DW20 instance, so I gave up.

Witches are handy because they regenerate themselves. However, they do tend to despawn every now and then, so they're not quite foolproof. Name tags or MFR jailer's safari nets may help, but I've heard reports of named/jailer-netted witches vanishing anyway.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Witches are handy because they regenerate themselves. However, they do tend to despawn every now and then, so they're not quite foolproof. Name tags or MFR jailer's safari nets may help, but I've heard reports of named/jailer-netted witches vanishing anyway.

Maybe do to commands like /cofh killall

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019

I might try just putting witches in the MFR spawner.

If it makes too many, I can steal a witch spawner from one of the Witchery circles instead.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
If it works anything like ExtraCells and fluids, then I was extremely disappointed that it was not possible to set recipes in ME interfaces on machines to export set amounts of fluids on craft. That is what really should have been possible IMO. Imagine what you could do with TiCO for example if that were the case.

it seems a similar question was asked not too long ago in the MCF topic of Thaumic Energistics and according to @joeyjam it should be possible to do
joeyjam said:
Essentia Provider hooked up to a Thaumatorium, with several Mnemonic Matrices for the recipes on the Thaumatorium's end and an interface for the AE end? I haven't tested it, and it won't automatically produce the essentia, so you would have to do that one yourself, but theoretically could work.

though I still don't know how it'd work... because I don't think the arcane construct is able to request any essentia it wants and you could export essentia into an arcane construct, but wouldn't that clog up the arcane construct with one type of essentia and won't allow any other essentia to come in if you've several recipes set up in the arcane construct?

EDIT: okay, I was just dumb, it's as easy as this...

xXNgOVG.png
EIKu44G.png

what I didn't know was that the essentia provider can supply any essentia that's being requested by the arcane construct. because of this you only need 1 essentia provider for your arcane construct and a simple ME interface with crafting patterns.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhn

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
it seems a similar question was asked not too long ago in the MCF topic of Thaumic Energistics and according to @joeyjam it should be possible to do

though I still don't know how it'd work... because I don't think the arcane construct is able to request any essentia it wants and you could export essentia into an arcane construct, but wouldn't that clog up the arcane construct with one type of essentia and won't allow any other essentia to come in if you've several recipes set up in the arcane construct?

EDIT: okay, I was just dumb, it's as easy as this...

xXNgOVG.png
EIKu44G.png

what I didn't know was that the essentia provider can supply any essentia that's being requested by the arcane construct. because of this you only need 1 essentia provider for your arcane construct and a simple ME interface with crafting patterns.
pst you can put an interface in front of the construct above the hungry chest, and just connect a wire to that,

when a thaumcraft block drops an item it will first attempt to put into an inventory

Reactions: Yusunoha

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
pst you can put an interface in front of the construct above the hungry chest, and just connect a wire to that,

when a thaumcraft block drops an item it will first attempt to put into an inventory

thanks, I haven't tried that out yet, though this was put together quickly to test it so it's not really the most efficient build.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys so a simple question here. What is the best way to convert rf to eu in ftb Infinity ? I am asking because on the server i play on RedNet energy cables have been banned.... What would be the next best solution ?

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys so a simple question here. What is the best way to convert rf to eu in ftb Infinity ? I am asking because on the server i play on RedNet energy cables have been banned.... What would be the next best solution ?
Energy Transfer Nodes is probably the most efficient anyway. Although if your server banned redNet cables you might want to check out why. Wouldn't want to piss off the moderators I imagine.

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if that'll work... I was kind of hoping the crucible crafting would be easy to automate using Thaumic Energistics because I often mess it up... perhaps it's worth a try to ask the developers about this.
The way I'd do it would be with crystallised essentia. Add the correct amount of the crystallised essentia to the pattern, and then route it from a chest via a furnace to the crucible

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Energy Transfer Nodes is probably the most efficient anyway. Although if your server banned redNet cables you might want to check out why. Wouldn't want to piss of the moderators I imagine.
Due to crashing when connecting the cables to certain machines... Thanks for the reply !! ill get right on it !

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a question, more of a request...

I am looking for a third party pack that is fun, and different. However, I don't want the recipes to ridiculously stupid, but at the same time changed so that they are integrated.
Maybe with HQM, but not with a crap-tonne of mods.
Also, I am not going to touch any pack on the launcher as I have reasons not to, whether it be I have already played it, it's not my style, etc. Hence why I asked for Third Party Pack(s)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a question, more of a request...

I am looking for a third party pack that is fun, and different. However, I don't want the recipes to ridiculously stupid, but at the same time changed so that they are integrated.
Maybe with HQM, but not with a crap-tonne of mods.
Also, I am not going to touch any pack on the launcher as I have reasons not to, whether it be I have already played it, it's not my style, etc. Hence why I asked for Third Party Pack(s)
Ever heard of PhoenixReborn? :p

JK. Actually, I've heard that InfiTech 2, Etho's pack, and Wanderlust Reloaded are pretty good. I'm not sure about integration on any of them.
Alternatively, you could build your own...