Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Welle, it beatethe me why thy trees do not groweth. Perhapth whosoever chooseth, might continueth this mightie queste. I bid thee good fortune.

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
LOL. eth? I'll hit the Witchery thread.

Not looking for an extra mod. I thought it was CoFH that had a config for it, but I can't seem to find it.

Just found it.

CodeChickenCore.cfg:

Code:
 #If set to true two adjacent water source blocks will not generate a third.
    finiteWater=false

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
What ways are there, if any, are there to transfer items to and from the Spirit World?
There are ways to cheat it, such as with machines that can access the player inventory directly, but the main intention is for it to be treated as a separate progression to get the spirit world specific items, all of which will cross between the normal and spirit worlds with the player.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
There are ways to cheat it, such as with machines that can access the player inventory directly, but the main intention is for it to be treated as a separate progression to get the spirit world specific items, all of which will cross between the normal and spirit worlds with the player.
I am aware of this, but that isn't the answer to my question.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The first bit of what I said: "such as with machines that can access the player inventory directly"
There are a number of things that do this, Pneumaticraft's aerial interface for one. I'm pretty sure that random things also has something similar and there're probably things in a number of mods that I have yet to play with.
Bear in mind, if doing this single player you will probably want to set up some form of time delayed input to make sure you're in the spirit world before it goes through. If playing with someone else you can just ask them to feed it through when you're ready as an easier approach.

Reactions: DrowElf

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
If you are playing with just witchery, there are no ways. The only items that will transfer between the worlds are the icu needles and the dream world items. All other items are world specific. That being said, in most mod packs you could use some for of player inventory interaction to send over an ender chest and get items across the world that way.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What ways are there, if any, are there to transfer items to and from the Spirit World?

I've not played the mod with the Spirit world but Direwolf20's Server play just this past weekend ran a series of 3 episodes setting up a prank on Soaryn. He showed 2, possibly 3 methods (as I say, I haven't done this myself):

1. Ender Chest.
2. Some kind of "Transport" block that a co-player used to send stuff to him. [Edit:] Probably the pneumaticraft block named above.
3. The "Icy Needles" you stick yourself with to return without dying seem to return your inventory with you.

I'll link the first of the 3 videos.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any magic mods that adds copious amounts of ridiculousness? I'm thinking EE2 esque. Currently making my way through thaumic tinkerer.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know when the green heart containers from TiC will be released? They've been in the game for ages, but thus far are uncraftable.

P.S. The 4th 'tier' of heart containers will be blue (look at the health meter)

Attachments

• 2014-10-10_21.39.26.png
    2014-10-10_21.39.26.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 71

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Awwight... I have no idea what I did, but no TE4 ores are generating. I didn't touch the configs; all I did was add a few new mods into my instance. Problem is, I can't remember exactly which ones those are. >_> I've been trying to remove the most recent ones and seeing if that works, but so far no good results. However none of the mods have anything to do with ore generation, which leaves me stumped. I'm going to try and see what I can do about this; meanwhile, has this sort of thing ever happened to anybody before?
Also, vanilla, TC4, Bluepower, and TiCo ores do generate; it's just the TE4 ores that don't. For my next trick, I'm wiping the TE configs, and taking out all the latest mods. BRB.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using MFR fertile soil in my MFR farm, and for some reason they keep turning into sand. I've tried searching every wiki I know of, and none of them even mention fertile soil (I even tried googling 'minefactory reloaded fertile soil' and nothing came up). Does anyone know what causes this, and if it can be solved?

Another question: I'm using sprinklers on said MFR farm, but there's no particles? How can I be sure they're working? They're consuming water, but I'm still not 100% sure.

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using MFR fertile soil in my MFR farm, and for some reason they keep turning into sand.

That reminds me of the old school forestry farm behavior, where eventually dirt turned to sand because it had lost all of its nutrient value. I just checked the configs and saw nothing there and also checked the MC forum thread for info. Nothing there, either.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm using MFR fertile soil in my MFR farm, and for some reason they keep turning into sand. I've tried searching every wiki I know of, and none of them even mention fertile soil (I even tried googling 'minefactory reloaded fertile soil' and nothing came up). Does anyone know what causes this, and if it can be solved?

Another question: I'm using sprinklers on said MFR farm, but there's no particles? How can I be sure they're working? They're consuming water, but I'm still not 100% sure.
For your first question, I have no idea. Never heard of it.

For your second question, have you tried placing your sprinklers such that only half of the crops are within range? You could then turn off your harvester and see if one half grows faster, or set up two harvesters, one of the watered side and the other on the other side, and see if one fills a chest faster.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Define ridiculousness in this context.

Stuff like the mining item from EE2 where it just took out huge chunks of landscape. Stuff where you would only want it on a single player world because of the potential for breaking a server.

Also fertile soil, isn't that from EnderIO and not MFR?