Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on single player.
Is the tool you're using RF powered and are you using a capacitor/wireless charger while using it? I've had that issue with a TiCo fluxed pickaxe before, but only ever when it was on less than full charge and within the range of my wireless charger.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Do tesseracts cause lag if you use alot of them? (I am using them for basically everything, I have about 30 all around my base)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What did Reika change between 1f and 2 of his mods? I can't find the changelog.

Changelogs are always posted here: https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/changelogs

If there's no info there, you're unlikely to find it anywhere else, and it's probably going to appear there in the near future. Even dragons only have so many hours in a day and it takes time to write changelogs and make sure nothing got forgotten.

Reactions: Eruantien

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Changelogs are always posted here: https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/changelogs

If there's no info there, you're unlikely to find it anywhere else, and it's probably going to appear there in the near future. Even dragons only have so many hours in a day and it takes time to write changelogs and make sure nothing got forgotten.
Yeah, I know about that page. Probably should have said "can't find the changelog yet"; no worries, though. I was just wondering if he had posted anywhere else about his upcoming changes, possibly a topic here...?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automatically harvest LP? I have a villager spawner set up above my blood altar, and I keep them trapped with ethereal glass while I sacrifice them. Is there a way to sacrifice them automatically? I tried a sacrificial dagger in an autonomous activator, but it doesn't sacrifice them, it just hits them normally. This was the only thing I could think of that might work.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
This may not be a simple question but oh well.
Is there a way to automate the spawning and killing of Witchery ents?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... I dunno if there would be a way to KILL them (maybe a Well of Suffering, or grinder, or something) As for spawning them? Hmmm... Maybe have wood cutting turtles chop trees maybe?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I wonder, if you were patient enough, if you could collect enough Ents with that special sword to make a soul shard for a spawner? (sorry, don't know the specific mods but I've seen many LPs using them)

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automatically harvest LP? I have a villager spawner set up above my blood altar, and I keep them trapped with ethereal glass while I sacrifice them. Is there a way to sacrifice them automatically? I tried a sacrificial dagger in an autonomous activator, but it doesn't sacrifice them, it just hits them normally. This was the only thing I could think of that might work.
dynamism tablet could work for this

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I wonder, if you were patient enough, if you could collect enough Ents with that special sword to make a soul shard for a spawner? (sorry, don't know the specific mods but I've seen many LPs using them)
That would be Soul Shards; I'm not sure if it works on non-Vanilla mobs, though. However, you might be able to fill a crystal phylactery thing from Ars Magica with Ent souls, put that in a Summon spell, and put that into a Caster. I'm not sure if you could get the drops that way, though.

Probably easiest to stick to MineFactory Reloaded- put one in a Safari Net, and put the net in an Auto-Spawner, then use a Grinder, a Well of Suffering, some Iron Spikes, a drop trap, water, or lava, or whatever to kill them.

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
How does one correctly hook up a ReactorCraft HP turbine, now that they require lubricant? I messed around with ReC a bit yesterday, including all the fancy new multiblocks. Then I noticed that I can't get an HP turbine to start because it requires lubricant. However the only spot I managed to get a lubricant hose to pipe into, is where the steam line needs to go.. so either you can have a powered but immobile turbine or one that can spin but won't as it's not receiving power. Or, of course, I'm just being phenomenally stupid again. Which is it?

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
not sure i'm asking the right question so a bit of background first:

i’m launching an altered version of direwolf20 (v10.0.23) minecraft version 1.6.4, i’ve removed the following mods -
buildcraft
billund
compact solars
computercraft
den lib
den pipes
factorization
forestry
forge multipart
gateCopy
gravity gun
ic2 experimental
journeyMap
logistics pipes
magic bees
mffs calclavia
modular power suits
morph
nuclear control
openPeripheral corw
qcraft
railcraft
redstone arsenal
sync
steve’s carts
switches
translocators
twilight forest
wireless redstone
witchery

and added these -
secret rooms
lycanites mobs
orespawn

then i generate the world and added Lanteacraft (added after generation because i didn’t want the lanteacraft ores generating).

my aim is to have lanteacraft link different worlds together and not have them available via the mystcraft game mechanics.

to this end i have created a bunch of worlds with mystcraft, placed a lanteacraft portal in each one, destroyed the linking books and replaced every instance of “true” in the mystcraft config file with “false”.

now i have the worlds which can only be visited via lanteacraft because players cannot craft mystcraft items…

i’ve been thinking about ways to let people discover gate addresses, firstly i though the obvious choice is the mystcraft pages found in mystcraft generated buildings (as the buildings/loot will generate anyway (actually not sure about the loot but i saw a building;)) to make them a bit less pointless but i didn’t realise about the way the pages are built, thought i’d just edit the pics.

secondly i thought maybe i could add a bunch of pre-written books to random chest loot, i had a look at “custom chest loot” this sounded great, maybe i’ve not worked it out properly but it seems i’m unable to achieve my goal with this mod as the “custom” part only includes item that are already in game :((maybe add another mod here?)

thirdly i thought the paintings artwork could be utilised but can’t work out if any of the mods i’ve now got generate them “naturally”, i know the twilight forest mod does but also i’m thinking this would only work if i removed the crafting recipe for paintings and made them into “non-droppable objects”, this sort of thing is obviously well beyond my ken so i’m asking here incase anyone has a better way of thinking about it.

also i’d really rather not have the mystcraft stuff even visible in nei as well as a few other things from various mods and can’t work that out:(

so my simple question is how can i let people find gate addresses in a way that’s not going to be too simple/easy for them to find them all but very simple for me to set up?

cheersy

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Well... you're going to need 1 mod:
Minetweaker. That is all. BUT it will be a bit "difficult" to do what you want.
You can easily remove all the stuff from NEI by doing:
NEI.hide(<item>);

As for the lanteacraft stuff... that would be a little more difficult, not knowing the mod. BUT! If you were to allow people to craft the "codes"(?) adding NBT data to vanila items, e.g. a stick. And that data would be the "code"(?) you need to access the worlds.
As I said, I don't know how to access them using that mod, but it it is that you use a "password" you can have it so that your custom item (stick with the password as the lore) can be obtained via loot chests.

If you need some help doing that, just send me a PM, as I know Minetweaker can be a bit scary when you first look at all the code, if you don't know what any of it means.

Heck, assuming you don't have 50 worlds, as long as you can give me a list of all the "passwords" and item IDs of all the stuff you want hiding from NEi, I'll happily write the script for you :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
muchness thankies for the info, seems i'll be busy for a while looking into this and will no doubt message you when it all goes horribly wrong. :)
i do have more than 50 worlds though :/
50 worlds! That must kill your system?

But I would suggest you try getting just one or two things to work and then if they don't then get back to me :) It just means that you can get your stuff quicker, as you won't be trying 100+ things, and then finding out you can't get it to work.

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
50 worlds! That must kill your system?

But I would suggest you try getting just one or two things to work and then if they don't then get back to me :) It just means that you can get your stuff quicker, as you won't be trying 100+ things, and then finding out you can't get it to work.

i did wonder if it would kill my system, but it seems not to have;)
at least from the setting up pov i plan to have the minetweaker work "universally" across worlds rather than individually tailored worlds, so that's simpler/faster.

although...
i've just started the tutorial for the mod (testing with ftbLite), didn't get very far as the "print hello world" example produced:
ERROR: system: AutoSpawner is already defined in that package
ERROR: system: NEI is already defined in that package

don't want to take over this discussion so will PM future queries, again thanks due and given.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
i did wonder if it would kill my system, but it seems not to have;)
at least from the setting up pov i plan to have the minetweaker work "universally" across worlds rather than individually tailored worlds, so that's simpler/faster.

although...
i've just started the tutorial for the mod (testing with ftbLite), didn't get very far as the "print hello world" example produced:

don't want to take over this discussion so will PM future queries, again thanks due and given.
I never used the hello world thing, but there's only 2 tutorials I would suggest looking at:
The ones on the official wiki
and the ones here

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
How does one correctly hook up a ReactorCraft HP turbine, now that they require lubricant? I messed around with ReC a bit yesterday, including all the fancy new multiblocks. Then I noticed that I can't get an HP turbine to start because it requires lubricant. However the only spot I managed to get a lubricant hose to pipe into, is where the steam line needs to go.. so either you can have a powered but immobile turbine or one that can spin but won't as it's not receiving power. Or, of course, I'm just being phenomenally stupid again. Which is it?
Anybody?