Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes, I could do that but It'd be a lot more boring than burning cows with a mining laser...

I'll try AFP and see how that goes :)
Make sure to aim high with them!
Why?
So that they definitely die!
A cow CAN survive a bit of fire, but if you can get them to take a heart or two of fall damage, then they will probably go kaputsky.
However, you need to bear in mind, flinging them through the laser will probably cause the amount of time they are on fire for to decrease drastically :/

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Good news everyone AFP works brilliantly for the laser thing.

Also, anyone happen to know why no ones made a thaumcraft addon that includes essentia combining?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there is so much untapped potential in the whole essentia system. Its brilliant, take all of the mundane crap laying around in minecraft (which is essentially, a game about acquiring lots of crap and storing it in chests) and give it all hidden attributes that can be deconstructed for other uses.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there is so much untapped potential in the whole essentia system. Its brilliant, take all of the mundane crap laying around in minecraft (which is essentially, a game about acquiring lots of crap and storing it in chests) and give it all hidden attributes that can be deconstructed for other uses.

Yeah kinda like chemistry, but fun.

Also, I'd love it if there was a mod that just let essentia work like normal liquid, I know it would almost completely break how the mod functions right now but honestly thats up to the player if they wanna do it that way or not. All I really want is awesome colored liquids...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah kinda like chemistry, but fun.

Also, I'd love it if there was a mod that just let essentia work like normal liquid, I know it would almost completely break how the mod functions right now but honestly thats up to the player if they wanna do it that way or not. All I really want is awesome colored liquids...
Technically Thaumic Energistics does this as an add-on for applied energistics.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Azanor has specifically stated that he does not want anyone to do this, as it breaks the system.

Would it though? I mean you'd have to create many multistep crafting systems. It would certainly be a lot harder than manabean farms thats for sure.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
With logistics pipes is there a way to say "input this item to get a liquid"? I'm trying to automate tinkers construct as much as I can.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know if there's a mod or plugin that allows you to see how much mana there is in a mana pool? or how much mana certain recipes costs?
I'm new to Botania but I don't know if this is already a feature I'm not seeing, or if there's a mod or plugin for it, because I'd really like to know this to make things a bit easier

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The botania wand should let you see how much just by right clicking it.

yea, but it's only a visual bar, it doesn't actually show you numbers, which is what I would like to have
I know there's a mod for Blood Magic and WAILA that allows you to see how much LP the altar has and such, I was just wondering if there was something similar for Botania aswell

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
yea, but it's only a visual bar, it doesn't actually show you numbers, which is what I would like to have
I know there's a mod for Blood Magic and WAILA that allows you to see how much LP the altar has and such, I was just wondering if there was something similar for Botania aswell
I don't think there is but I could be wrong.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
It's kinda the point. From what I understand, Vazkii specifically designed it be a somewhat abstract system. If you're worried about having enough to infuse something, the newest versions have a visual indicator when you look at the pool while holding the item you wish to infuse to indicate whether or not you have enough mana.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It's kinda the point. From what I understand, Vazkii specifically designed it be a somewhat abstract system. If you're worried about having enough to infuse something, the newest versions have a visual indicator when you look at the pool while holding the item you wish to infuse to indicate whether or not you have enough mana.
There is an addon for WALIA, I think it's called WALIANBT or something like that (i can't remember it's exact name, as I don't use it.) That can allow you to see the numbers once customized. I think I saw it in the What's new in modded Minecraft today? thread about a week or 2 ago.

recoil101

Jul 29, 2019
Hallooo! Trying to do something that should be really simple, but I can't seem to work it out. I have an MFR Auto Anvil (first time I've used one) it's powered and has a steady supply of mob essence. I want to repair an enchanted bow. How do I do it??? Ive put the bow in the input slot... set it to 'repair only'. Now what??

Many thanks

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I am mistaken, it works just like a normal anvil, you need to give it another bow to repair that one with