Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
This seems to fit here, but is nowhere near simple. (probably)

I want to run my FTBLauncher.jar with some extra arguments that will control the placement and sizes of the windows it spawns. I've recently gotten a second monitor that goes on my left. I use it for secondary things like terminal windows, chat clients, and the ftb console. But the launcher always places the console on my far right and the other on the left screen. Worse, when Minecraft loads, it shows up as a vertical stripe, one inch wide. Again, on the wrong screen.

I'd love to give it some override commands to place these windows, not only in my preffered places, but in my prefered shapes. Launcher centered on right screen, console hugging left edge of left screen and adjusted to the minimum width that still shows the "kill" button and maximum height, MC windows maximized on the right screen.

Anyone played around with this type of code? Or do you have any suggestions on where to find examples? FYI, I almost always run FTB under Linux. Ubuntu, Mint, or Black Lab.

Thanks
MultiMC is your friend. It allows you to do exactly what you need.

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to replicate the functionality of my "standard" smeltery build without thermal dynamics (TE ducts) and I'm giving myself a headache. With fluiducts I could put ducts next to each other and each one would respond to its own redstone signal. That way I could do an all on/all off/partially on scenario or easily select between ingots/blocks/tool parts by flipping levers.

I tried EnderIO fluid pipes and I couldn't find a way to control them individually when connected to each other. I've also tried ExU liquid xfer nodes but they seem to be pretty "dumb." (Not dumb as in stupid, dumb as in lacking fine grained control. They're useful pipes for sure.) However, I'm not terribly familiar with ExU pipes, so I could be screwing it up. My current workaround is to only feed an "even" number of ores to completely fill six casting basins without excess and EnderIO to pull the liquid. Another alternative would be to filter outputs to specific basins, but that would require a second smeltery just for glass in the volumes I require. I'm not willing to separate the basins/tables into just 2 per side.

Anyway, here's a pic of my current setup (without liquid pipes atm). The Steve's Factory Manager stuff in the pic handles ore/tool part outputs. Is it possible to do what I want with ExU/EnderIO and I'm just missing it?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Use ExtraUtilities fluid transfer nodes? You put a filter (I think it is called) with the fluids you want it to pull out in it (if you want to only have iron and copper in one basin, etc) and then you can use them just like fluiducts (however you apply a redstone signal to STOP the flow, unless you put a redstone torch in them)
Also, you may have to move one of the smeltery ducts to a different side, because I don't think you can put a cover between them to separate them

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is recharging your wand via a mob farm viable? Is there some item that can hold the wand and have it recharge? (would a USE golem work?)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think a use golem would work... A dynamism tablet though? I think that would work...
I only think a golem won't work because it won't be able to "use" the item, whereas the dynamism tablet simulates a continuous right click (charging)

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I just meant it as something that can hold the wand as I think thats a requirement of charging it. Sort of like the repair enchant, gotta be in an inventory, not a chest. I'll try it out and report back.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to replicate the functionality of my "standard" smeltery build without thermal dynamics (TE ducts) and I'm giving myself a headache. With fluiducts I could put ducts next to each other and each one would respond to its own redstone signal. That way I could do an all on/all off/partially on scenario or easily select between ingots/blocks/tool parts by flipping levers.

I tried EnderIO fluid pipes and I couldn't find a way to control them individually when connected to each other. I've also tried ExU liquid xfer nodes but they seem to be pretty "dumb." (Not dumb as in stupid, dumb as in lacking fine grained control. They're useful pipes for sure.) However, I'm not terribly familiar with ExU pipes, so I could be screwing it up. My current workaround is to only feed an "even" number of ores to completely fill six casting basins without excess and EnderIO to pull the liquid. Another alternative would be to filter outputs to specific basins, but that would require a second smeltery just for glass in the volumes I require. I'm not willing to separate the basins/tables into just 2 per side.

Anyway, here's a pic of my current setup (without liquid pipes atm). The Steve's Factory Manager stuff in the pic handles ore/tool part outputs. Is it possible to do what I want with ExU/EnderIO and I'm just missing it?
I believe you can use a wrench to tell Ender IO conduits not to connect to each other by right-clicking on the connecting bit of conduit

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I just meant it as something that can hold the wand as I think thats a requirement of charging it. Sort of like the repair enchant, gotta be in an inventory, not a chest. I'll try it out and report back.

Tested it with golems, nope doesnt work. Neither does dynamism tablets. I suppose if it emulates the players inventory it would work alright, any ideas?

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can use a wrench to tell Ender IO conduits not to connect to each other by right-clicking on the connecting bit of conduit

Has this always been a thing? Because I know I tried this a couple EnderIO versions back. Thanks!

Sorenson

Jul 29, 2019
Probably asked/answered before, but:

How do you automate a crucible furnace in newer versions of Mariculture? Previously I just threw a hopper on it and dumped fish meal in. Now it won't take inputs from hoppers. Tried itemducts, same deal. Nothing seems to be able to input.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Probably asked/answered before, but:

How do you automate a crucible furnace in newer versions of Mariculture? Previously I just threw a hopper on it and dumped fish meal in. Now it won't take inputs from hoppers. Tried itemducts, same deal. Nothing seems to be able to input.

Possibly an autonomous activator? Or a dynamism tablet?

Also is there anything that simulates a players inventory so things will keep ticking/repairing/etc. Say for instance I wanted to pop a pickaxe from thaumcraft that had repair on it and just have it repair. (I know theres a machine for this but thats just an example.)

Sorenson

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly an autonomous activator? Or a dynamism tablet?

I don't think so, since they just right-click. I need something to insert the item, like a pipe or a hopper. It used to work in the version that comes with Monster, but when I updated it manually it's acting like it doesn't take input at all anymore.[DOUBLEPOST=1412823933][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think so, since they just right-click. I need something to insert the item, like a pipe or a hopper. It used to work in the version that comes with Monster, but when I updated it manually it's acting like it doesn't take input at all anymore.

My mistake... it's allowing input, but only into the fluid container slot (where you'd put a bottle to fill it). It used to do this in the past, but if you had something there it'd force it over into the slots that actually get melted. Seems like it's not doing that anymore. I'm really starting to hate this mod a lot.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so, since they just right-click. I need something to insert the item, like a pipe or a hopper. It used to work in the version that comes with Monster, but when I updated it manually it's acting like it doesn't take input at all anymore.[DOUBLEPOST=1412823933][/DOUBLEPOST]

My mistake... it's allowing input, but only into the fluid container slot (where you'd put a bottle to fill it). It used to do this in the past, but if you had something there it'd force it over into the slots that actually get melted. Seems like it's not doing that anymore. I'm really starting to hate this mod a lot.

Ah my apologies, I was confusing the crucible with the vat. Perhaps try a logistics network using sneaky pipes, I'll try it out for you if you give me a sec.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I am mistaken, in the thaumonomicon is the the entries for each mob, but instead of using arcane infusion you use the spawning tablet (thing which I forgot the name of)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Also is there anything that simulates a players inventory so things will keep ticking/repairing/etc. Say for instance I wanted to pop a pickaxe from thaumcraft that had repair on it and just have it repair. (I know theres a machine for this but thats just an example.)
I think the thaumium chest from betterstorage at least allows items to use their repair enchant when inside it. I think the rate it reduced, and this is probably not functional since the repair enchant started costing vis, I don't remember the exact version that this cost was added, but I'm fairly sure it were in a 1.7.x version. As to mob aspect recharging, I don't know of anything that allows this, I'm afraid.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm adding fuels using minetweaker, but I'm not sure about the fuel values. What's the fuel value on sticks and coal?