Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
For open blocks tanks is there a way to have tanks be side by side but only accept a certain liquid even when fully drained?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You mean have them connected? I would assume not... Unless (never tried this) you put a bucket of liquid one in one tank and a bucket of liquid 2 in the other, and then place down the tanks side by side... but I have absolutely no idea if that would work

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
For open blocks tanks is there a way to have tanks be side by side but only accept a certain liquid even when fully drained?
Depends on how you're inputting liquids into the tank. Fluiducts and Ender io fluid conduits. have filters on them that would allow you to do this

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
You mean have them connected? I would assume not... Unless (never tried this) you put a bucket of liquid one in one tank and a bucket of liquid 2 in the other, and then place down the tanks side by side... but I have absolutely no idea if that would work

Thats basically what I'm doing at the moment.

Depends on how you're inputting liquids into the tank. Fluiducts and Ender io fluid conduits. have filters on them that would allow you to do this

I am using tesseracts, I don't think fluid conduits would work either, I think its a mod feature you just have to work around.

One more question, I could have sworn MFR spawners could spawn blazes in the overworld, mine seem to despawn automatically, is there a way to bypass that (aside from chunk loading the nether)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
They can and do spawn blazes unless the pack you are using has them whitelisted, or you are in peaceful

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed that, with 1.7.10 Tinker's Construct, when I added a slime tool rod to my pick, it got a slimy modifier. What does that do?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It gives you an appropriately disgusting feeling in your hands when holding the tool, just in time for halloween. :D
I've never actually used it, what does it really do? Nothing?
It's just like the pig iron "tasty" modifier? (I know that gives bacon? occasionally)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'd assume it may just be a thing that says what one of the parts used is made out of then?
e.g. Paper = Writable, Cactus = Jagged, etc.
The reason why it'd do this? Because slime isn't a great part, especially for swords :p

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
This seems to fit here, but is nowhere near simple. (probably)

I want to run my FTBLauncher.jar with some extra arguments that will control the placement and sizes of the windows it spawns. I've recently gotten a second monitor that goes on my left. I use it for secondary things like terminal windows, chat clients, and the ftb console. But the launcher always places the console on my far right and the other on the left screen. Worse, when Minecraft loads, it shows up as a vertical stripe, one inch wide. Again, on the wrong screen.

I'd love to give it some override commands to place these windows, not only in my preffered places, but in my prefered shapes. Launcher centered on right screen, console hugging left edge of left screen and adjusted to the minimum width that still shows the "kill" button and maximum height, MC windows maximized on the right screen.

Anyone played around with this type of code? Or do you have any suggestions on where to find examples? FYI, I almost always run FTB under Linux. Ubuntu, Mint, or Black Lab.

Thanks

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about the launcher itself as I have never used a Linux/Linux based OS. But for Minecraft, unless you have already tried this, if you know the JVM arguments you could potentially use the section under the option tab, on the launcher, to have Minecraft run correctly?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I want to run my FTBLauncher.jar with some extra arguments that will control the placement and sizes of the windows it spawns. I've recently gotten a second monitor that goes on my left...FYI, I almost always run FTB under Linux. Ubuntu, Mint, or Black Lab.
Sorry, I'm on Windows so I just use this 2-line AutoIt script that runs after the launcher in a command script:
Code:
#include <WinAPI.au3>
winmove("Feed the Beast Launcher","",-1900,-500)
I have no idea if there is any equivalent to AutoIt for Linux.