Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I am mistaken, in the thaumonomicon is the the entries for each mob, but instead of using arcane infusion you use the spawning tablet (thing which I forgot the name of)

Nope it doesn't for me, I want to know how to summon specific mobs, such as mooshrooms.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
HAve you tried scanning the mobs themselves? Last I heard, whatever aspects the mobs are are what you need to summon them again. So, if the mooshroom was (and I don't know what they are) herba, bestia, and tenebrae, you would need those three aspects to summon it, IIRC anyway...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Nope it doesn't for me, I want to know how to summon specific mobs, such as mooshrooms.
Sorry to say I am no help then :/ I haven't played much with Thaumcraft yet... Only really played around with infusion crafting (adding recipes) for let it end, and for the modtweaker series I am doing :p

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
HAve you tried scanning the mobs themselves? Last I heard, whatever aspects the mobs are are what you need to summon them again. So, if the mooshroom was (and I don't know what they are) herba, bestia, and tenebrae, you would need those three aspects to summon it, IIRC anyway...

Yup, tried that but one of the aspects doesn't have an infused soul for it so I've been kind of winging it and trying random combos, no luck yet though.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
When I kill a couple there aspects are beast water and earth but putting those into arcane pedestals around a mob summoning tablet does nothing.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Did you guys know that Optifine breaks Extra Utilities' magma torch by overwriting a class having to do with spawning? And did you know that having Custom mob Spawner installed fixes it? I havent found any other game breaking bugs yet by using the dreaded Optifine FYI. I wish there was a better thread to post this information. Should I make one where everyone could share what they have learned to make their game better? And what should I call it? "bugfixes" maybe?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Also I want to reuse the Crash landing Pack Mod list without all the nerfs just to see what it's like. So can anyone tell me how I go about removing the nerfs

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Graaaah, so Pro-tip you can't use red mushrooms for fermented spider eyes...

Spent all that time finding a mushroom biome then getting them back and setting up a breeding room...

Is there any way I can have red mushrooms turn into brown ones? At this point I don't even care what mod its in, I'll add it in if I have to, spent 3 hours finding a mushroom biome...

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Also I want to reuse the Crash landing Pack Mod list without all the nerfs just to see what it's like. So can anyone tell me how I go about removing the nerfs
If you delete all the config files they will be restored to default the next time you run the pack. However, I'm not sure how the changes differ from the defaults.

Is there any way I can have red mushrooms turn into brown ones? At this point I don't even care what mod its in, I'll add it in if I have to, spent 3 hours finding a mushroom biome...
I don't know of any method to do this normally. You could use Minetweaker to make a recipe that crafts 1 red mushroom into 1 brown mushroom. It should be included in FTB packs.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Graaaah, so Pro-tip you can't use red mushrooms for fermented spider eyes...

Spent all that time finding a mushroom biome then getting them back and setting up a breeding room...

IIRC, Botania's alchemy system can transmute between mushrooms. Otherwise you could use Witchery's mutandis, though that's a little more random

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to short range fling mobs? This is my setup right now, need a way for them to get set on fire but keep going so I get the drops.

rNxoVmX.jpg

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
There are different ways to set things on fire... a block of netherrack for instance :p And if you want something you can turn on and off at will, Thermal Expansion has a block that functions exactly like burning netherrack that can be turned on and off with a redstone signal.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
There are different ways to set things on fire... a block of netherrack for instance :p And if you want something you can turn on and off at will, Thermal Expansion has a block that functions exactly like burning netherrack that can be turned on and off with a redstone signal.
Hook that up to a clock ;)

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019

Well yes, I could do that but It'd be a lot more boring than burning cows with a mining laser...

I'll try AFP and see how that goes :)