Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything that can make giant underwater dome shapes automatically? I have tried MFFS and the buildcraft builder/planner/etc but it doesn't really work.

Guy...Guys, this is literally going to take me all day to get a room setup for all the stuff I have acquired. So if anyone knows, I'd be grateful.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, you're just misunderstanding what he's trying to tell you.

Previous poster said: "search dw20 modpack ice reactor setups"

But instead of "ice reactor" it's probably a typo on "nice reactor" or "ic2e reactor". Nothing to do with ice whatsoever.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding sponges: OpenBlocks has a jenkins for 1.7 prereleases... lemme know if you want the link and I'll see if I can dig it out of my history for you.

How can I disable lake generation in my worlds? Is there a mod for this, or would a specific world type do this?

C0Ld

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! Just wanted to ask if someone could give me the "tunnel" script of a mining turtle :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Guy...Guys, this is literally going to take me all day to get a room setup for all the stuff I have acquired. So if anyone knows, I'd be grateful.

Check today's Dw20 Let's Play... He builds an underwater base. Maybe a useful idea or two for you?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Check today's Dw20 Let's Play... He builds an underwater base. Maybe a useful idea or two for you?

MFFS won't work for me at all. Using the dev versions of it for 1.7.10 and it just will not work. Can't power anything the forcefield projector doesn't project anything at all, etc.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
MFFS won't work for me at all. Using the dev versions of it for 1.7.10 and it just will not work. Can't power anything the forcefield projector doesn't project anything at all, etc.

Sorry, missed the reference to 1.7.10... You may have to put the project on hold until mods for that version stabilize a bit more. You might see if there's a support page/blog for the mod and see if the feature is known broken or is being changed.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, missed the reference to 1.7.10... You may have to put the project on hold until mods for that version stabilize a bit more. You might see if there's a support page/blog for the mod and see if the feature is known broken or is being changed.

Nah its fine, I suppose I'll just use the build guide from open blocks and creative mode it up. Thanks for trying though.

One more question for anyone who knows, in AE2, I have dense cables but I ran out of slots on the dense cable, do I have to create a whole new AE system?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Nah its fine, I suppose I'll just use the build guide from open blocks and creative mode it up. Thanks for trying though.

One more question for anyone who knows, in AE2, I have dense cables but I ran out of slots on the dense cable, do I have to create a whole new AE system?
Add more ME controllers.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Add more ME controllers.
Rather, make a bigger ME controller by adding more Controller blocks directly adjacent to it. If there are two controllers connected only by cable, both will turn red and disable the whole network.

Algorithm himself made a pretty good video about managing your channels here. He shows off expanding controllers, using P2P tunnels to compress multiple (up to 32) channels into only one or two in various ways, and breaking the network up into several smaller networks with their own controllers, as well as dense cable.

I, personally, like to use P2P tunnels attached directly to the controller, themselves also attached to the controller via a dense cable.

Protip: Don't attach things other than P2P tunnels, dense cables, or more controller blocks to your controller. You'll want to make use of every one of those 32 channels eventually, and anything else will block out all but eight.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Rather, make a bigger ME controller by adding more Controller blocks directly adjacent to it. If there are two controllers connected only by cable, both will turn red and disable the whole network.

Algorithm himself made a pretty good video about managing your channels here. He shows off expanding controllers, using P2P tunnels to compress multiple (up to 32) channels into only one or two in various ways, and breaking the network up into several smaller networks with their own controllers, as well as dense cable.

I, personally, like to use P2P tunnels attached directly to the controller, themselves also attached to the controller via a dense cable.

Protip: Don't attach things other than P2P tunnels, dense cables, or more controller blocks to your controller. You'll want to make use of every one of those 32 channels eventually, and anything else will block out all but eight.

That P2P thing feels kind of cheaty, so there isn't a way to say compress the information down? It would be a nice addition, make it sort of like the crafting cpus where you can upgrade them and it just gets better and better.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
P2P tunnels are basically multiplexers. The idea is that you can send multiple channels through one tunnel by the round-robin packet method. First channel 1 sends something, then channel 2, then channel 3, then channel 1 again and so on. In real life this technique is used pretty much everywhere you look in telecommunications and data transfer.

The reason why it feels cheaty in AE2 is because it's not simulated to the extent that you have a "one channel talks per any given tick" limitation. Perhaps AlgorithmX2 plans to do this sometime in the future; perhaps he doesn't. Perhaps it's not viable to implement, or it would be a hassle to play with.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
In Applied Energistics 2, is there a way to activate/deactivate an ME Cable like you could with Dark Cables?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Mekanism/TE3 question, can I send gas (like hydrogen chloride for example) though a tesseract?

I want to move my brine processing station into a desert to improve the modifier but i'm too lazy to run pipes all the way.

EJCrazy

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism/TE3 question, can I send gas (like hydrogen chloride for example) though a tesseract?

I want to move my brine processing station into a desert to improve the modifier but i'm too lazy to run pipes all the way.

I think so but I haven't tested it yet