Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Not that I know of, sorry. Your best bet will probably be to spawn aura nods until you get one that is what you want.
His best bet is probably to figure out the node data format and edit the world. It would probably be quicker to do that than to randomly spawn nodes, depending on how particular you are about the stats. What he is asking for may well take around a billion random nodes to get right, if bright pure nodes are even possible that way.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Does Blood Magic have any kind of in game guide?
Ive been intending to get into BM for a while now (its in the mod pack Im playing with) but the concept of alt-tabbing out to consult with wikis is - after thaumcraft - somewhat foreign to me. There is an excellent getting started to BM guide but it seems to provide a boosted progression through the mod so I don't how to learn Blood Magic ... organically.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been intending to get into BM for a while now (its in the mod pack Im playing with) but the concept of alt-tabbing out to consult with wikis is - after thaumcraft - somewhat foreign to me. There is an excellent getting started to BM guide but it seems to provide a boosted progression through the mod so I don't how to learn Blood Magic ... organically.
In game documentation of it is not in right now, but it is on Way's todo list(albeit, at the very very bottom.)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

The altar, the orbs, the rituals, sigils, summon spells and alchemy all have decent wiki entries. Don't think there's an all-in-one guide for the whole mod though.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Can you tell me all the reasons a RoC gas turbine has for exploding? Because according to the ingame handbook it can explode when damaged from sucking in entities. However, mine just exploded within 30 seconds of turning it on - while I was watching it, and there were no entities to be sucked in.

Does it need clearance from obstacles or anything undocumented?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Can you tell me all the reasons a RoC gas turbine has for exploding? Because according to the ingame handbook it can explode when damaged from sucking in entities. However, mine just exploded within 30 seconds of turning it on - while I was watching it, and there were no entities to be sucked in.

What version of RotaryCraft are you on?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019

I don't know. If it was damaged you would've heard it, and WAILA would tell you.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What version of RotaryCraft are you on?

v25z, which is the last 1.6.4 release.

I don't know. If it was damaged you would've heard it, and WAILA would tell you.

Unfortunately I wasn't pointing my cursor at it :s And I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Just the startup sound, and then the regular operation noise. And then a few moments after that, kaboom. it literally took only half a minute from the flipping of the lever.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Were you pumping fuel into it using fuel lines or had any sort of time acceleration device near it? What was it hooked up to?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It was on an engine control unit throttling it to 6.25% for initial startup. It was connected to a steel shaft which fed into an air compressor. There was a single block of air in front of the turbine, then a wall. I had also built iron bars around the space in front to prevent people from walking there and getting sucked in. (Amusingly the suction effect could even be felt on the other side of the wall.)

I was not piping fuel into it. I had placed 3 buckets worth into it manually before starting it up.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
It was on an engine control unit throttling it to 6.25% for initial startup. It was connected to a steel shaft which fed into an air compressor.
The shaft power to MJ converter? Remember, the air compressor can explode if the pressure gets too high, i.e. if the MJ isn't used up.

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how simple the question is, but... is there a way to use reactorcraft/electriccraft combo to transmit, collect and redistribute power with single route? In his videos Reika uses RF/universal cables and magnetostatic engines instead but that was prior he nerfed them to be upgradeable, also RF cables can't output more than 10k RF/t so you can't really run maximized engine effectively.
edit: i somewhat figured out how to use battery, resistors and cables to distribute energy in reduced amounts but inability to charge and discharge one battery in same time looks like a poor desing for storing.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Not sure how simple the question is, but... is there a way to use reactorcraft/electriccraft combo to transmit, collect and redistribute power with single route? In his videos Reika uses RF/universal cables and magnetostatic engines instead but that was prior he nerfed them to be upgradeable, also RF cables can't output more than 10k RF/t so you can't really run maximized engine effectively.
Electricraft should be able to do that on its own, though without ReactorCraft to generate lots of power in one place, it's probably easier to just transport fuel to individual engines on each of your machines.

In any case, you should be able to use EC generators and engines (whatever they're called) in much the same way you'd use magnetostatics and rotational dynamos. Use various cables (warning, the uninsulated ones can and will electrocute you and destroy items) to connect them together, and use resistors to limit the voltage to various things (and no, I don't know the system well enough to know why you'd want to do that, other than to be able to use cheaper cables). Pretty sure Reika's made a video or two showing it off.

Also, EC's Auroral Battery, while incredibly expensive, stores a HUGE amount of energy. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but if you search this very forum, you should be able to find them.

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Electricraft should be able to do that on its own, though without ReactorCraft to generate lots of power in one place, it's probably easier to just transport fuel to individual engines on each of your machines.

In any case, you should be able to use EC generators and engines (whatever they're called) in much the same way you'd use magnetostatics and rotational dynamos. Use various cables (warning, the uninsulated ones can and will electrocute you and destroy items) to connect them together, and use resistors to limit the voltage to various things (and no, I don't know the system well enough to know why you'd want to do that, other than to be able to use cheaper cables). Pretty sure Reika's made a video or two showing it off.

Also, EC's Auroral Battery, while incredibly expensive, stores a HUGE amount of energy. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but if you search this very forum, you should be able to find them.
Yes, I figured out this much and edited my previous post. Every way is somewhat troublesome. Transporting fuel probably the most reliable way but engines almost never fit for certain machines to make them top effective even with gears, so either I can't overclock them to 1 operation/tick or they waste energy. Batteries are also feel troublesome (to me at least) for reason I stated above, plus I don't know a way to transport electricity between dimension, maybe I should stick to magnetostatic engines, but again they waste power now since you can't calibrate torque in any way besides upgrading and maximum speed is locked without it.

Reg. T. Kolven

Jul 29, 2019
So My question is; How can I Remove water the most effective?

I'm building a huge ship, and I don't plan on Spending 40+ hours on filling in glass to get away the water.

I'm playing on a server without limitations or banned items, And I Play Unleached (So no greagtech machines :/)

Last edited:

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The shaft power to MJ converter? Remember, the air compressor can explode if the pressure gets too high, i.e. if the MJ isn't used up.

Yeah, I figured that part out late last night. It was difficult to see, but on close examination the blast crater wasn't actually centered on the turbine. It was the air compressor that blew up, the turbine was in fact innocent.

I then tested the parameters. It actually doesn't matter at all whether or not you use the MJ produced; the air compressor simply has a "pressure" value that rises with input power, and when you exceed 1000kPa, the thing detonates violently. The problem in this is the fact that the limit is set way, way lower than you think it is. The Universal Electricity converter has no stated limits, the Redstone Flux converter does 67 MW and safely ignores anything above it... while the Buildcraft converter will wreck your base the moment you give it more than 1.3 MW. Seriously, what the heck was Reika thinking when he implemented this...

*goes to bring that issue up with him*

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, what the heck was Reika thinking when he implemented this...

RoC is a lovely mod with fantastic attention to detail. I stopped using it / including it in my modpacks because of @Reika predilection to griefing. In my case a simple RoC upgrade cratered most of my base because he lowered coil capacities with no thought to existing installations.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
MFFS, 1.7.10, I can't seem to get any of the blocks to do anything at all. I can't get the "Electromagnetic Projector" to project anything.

Essentially all I want to do is make a dome underwater but I can't figure it out. I checked the wikis and google but it still isn't working.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The Universal Electricity converter has no stated limits, the Redstone Flux converter does 67 MW and safely ignores anything above it... while the Buildcraft converter will wreck your base the moment you give it more than 1.3 MW. Seriously, what the heck was Reika thinking when he implemented this...

Probably "lol who the hell uses MJ these days, what a troglogyte"

UE machines don't explode if you don't meet their conditions, neither do RF machines. Buidcraft engines tend to. So the converters following the same pattern makes sense