Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a solution to fix AE ME system when it lags/bugs out allot.
For example when i try to autocraft several things at the same time, like ordering 100 rubber, 200 of something else etc.
It just stops and aint updating. To fix it i need to break the crafting terminal and replace it....

Or when i order one high voltage solar panel the ME system does not seem to be able to handle all the steps in the recipie.

Is it a mod issue or something i need ingame to make it work better?

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to configure what ores the MFR Laser Drill will produce? It seems to have some weird inconsistencies for me. For example, I'm getting Fluorite, Calcite, Indium and Cadmium Ore from ReactorCraft, but sadly no Magnetite. Also I added Metallurgy to my pack and it's producing Zinc Ore from that mod, but nothing else.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Thanks for the link, I'm not sure the information is correct though. I had it running for over an hour now with 6 pink foci and still not a single metallurgy ore has shown up.

My info might be wrong or out of date but I was fairly sure the laser drill wouldn't dig up metallurgy ores at all.

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

drummendejef

Jul 29, 2019
I have a barrel wall storage using a router. (works great :D)

I want to have another barrel wall storage in another place, tried using a tesseract. The Tesseract doesn't see that barrel wall as "wall", but only uses the barrel it's connected to.

Question: how (if possible) to connect 2 barrel walls with a tesseract?

Thx :)

PS: I'm sorry if there is an answer somewhere, didn't find it after 15 minutes of googling :p

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Can AE in 1.6.4 take Buildcraft MJ directly, or would it need to be RF?

I'm coming from RoC shaft power and have the option to convert into either; the end result would be completely identical, I just personally prefer the shiny blue power lines in Buildcraft's kinesis pipes over the static, unchanging graphics on TE conduits. So if possible I'd like to use MJ. But I also want to hook up a ME Controller, so it kinda depends on what said controller can digest.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

I'm coming from RoC shaft power and have the option to convert into either; the end result would be completely identical, I just personally prefer the shiny blue power lines in Buildcraft's kinesis pipes over the static, unchanging graphics on TE conduits. So if possible I'd like to use MJ. But I also want to hook up a ME Controller, so it kinda depends on what said controller can digest.
Yes it can take MJ. It can also take shaft power directly.

I want to have another barrel wall storage in another place, tried using a tesseract. The Tesseract doesn't see that barrel wall as "wall", but only uses the barrel it's connected to.

PS: I'm sorry if there is an answer somewhere, didn't find it after 15 minutes of googling :p
You can't. You can however put the tesseract on a router.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

AE takes MJ directly in 1.6.4 as I recall. In fact you can even use the AE gui to display its power storage in the units of your choice, of which I believe MJ is one.

Reactions: Omicron

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Have the tesseract feed into another router, which then feeds your second barrel wall. Routers (I'm assuming you're using the ones from Factorization) cannot search through tesseracts- they can only deposit items into tesseracts, which then teleport the items to the matching tesseract. This does mean that you'll need to find some way to prevent your first router from touching the items that should go into your second wall, and instead route those items directly into the tesseract. If you stick your input tesseract somewhere in your first wall, the first router won't be able to determine which items should go into it and which should go into the barrels. It will inevitably try to put something into the tesseract that it shouldn't, and thereby clog the other router, because it won't have anywhere to put the item.

Reactions: drummendejef

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
AE takes MJ directly in 1.6.4 as I recall. In fact you can even use the AE gui to display its power storage in the units of your choice, of which I believe MJ is one.
Yes it can take MJ. It can also take shaft power directly.

Thanks for the info! Shaft power directly is not an option, since the main purpose is to drive Forestry machines; the ME Controller would just leech a little off of that line, in either MJ or RF.

Since it can take MJ, I am going to go with that, for the eye candy. Cheers!

Reactions: Wagon153 and Pyure

Chicknboy

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why my sieves are breaking in Agrarian Skies? I fill an autonomous activator with gravel set to right click with round robin use on, and a sieve in front of it. Every now and then, I come back to check on it and the sieve is gone, and a block of gravel is now where the sieve was. I've tried googling about sieves breaking, but haven't found anything.

Actually, they aren't even breaking and dropping. They're just disappearing. The chest + vacuum hopper nearby hasn't picked it up.

EDIT: Ok wow I'm a noob. The lava nearby was burning it. Carry on, folks.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully I'm just tired and overlooking something, but:
I can't get ModTweaker to load. I'm using MineTweaker 3.0.8B and ModTweaker 0.3, both for 1.6.4; what is going on here? I've already looked through MineTweaker's forums and they didn't help, BTW.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=t03iztj8
2014-09-05 18:34:14 [FINE] [ModTweaker] Enabling mod ModTweaker
2014-09-05 18:34:14 [FINE] [ModTweaker] Mod Logging channel ModTweaker configured at default level.
2014-09-05 18:34:14 [INFO] [ModTweaker] Activating mod ModTweaker
Looks like it loaded just fine.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
2014-09-05 18:34:14 [FINE] [ModTweaker] Enabling mod ModTweaker
2014-09-05 18:34:14 [FINE] [ModTweaker] Mod Logging channel ModTweaker configured at default level.
2014-09-05 18:34:14 [INFO] [ModTweaker] Activating mod ModTweaker
Looks like it loaded just fine.
I know, right? I forgot to say that midway into the load, the NEI crash screen comes up saying that MineTweaker isn't present or loaded. Which it is. Which is mysterious, to me.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
ModTweaker 0.3 is for MineTweaker 2.
So then what do I use for MineTweaker 3? The wiki says
ModTweaker is an addon for MineTweaker 3.
It doesn't say what version I need... and I can't seem to figure it out.
Or does one even exist?

EDIT: Are the experimental versions that have 1.7.X in the filename actually compatible with 1.6?
EDIT2: Oh... ModTweaker is not compatible with MineTweaker 3; I need MineTweaker 2 in order to use ModTweaker. That wasn't very clear, IMO...

Last edited:

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
There are two wikis for ModTweaker.
One for the MineTweaker 3 version which is for 1.7.10 (mainly) v0.4+. (It will run on 1.6, but most mod support doesn't work). http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker
And there is the 'old' version, which was developed for MineTweaker 2 for Minecraft 1.6.4, v0.3 minus. https://github.com/joshiejack/ModTweaker/wiki

I haven't and won't be porting to MineTweaker 3 for 1.6.4. Other people are free to, but so far noone has.

And the reason it's not 'clear'. Is it doesn't need to be. I do not give a damn about the 1.6.4 version. It's dead to me. And was nothing more than 'practice', to work everything out.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
There are two wikis for ModTweaker.
One for the MineTweaker 3 version which is for 1.7.10 (mainly) v0.4+. (It will run on 1.6, but most mod support doesn't work). http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker
And there is the 'old' version, which was developed for MineTweaker 2 for Minecraft 1.6.4, v0.3 minus. https://github.com/joshiejack/ModTweaker/wiki

I haven't and won't be porting to MineTweaker 3 for 1.6.4. Other people are free to, but so far noone has.

And the reason it's not 'clear'. Is it doesn't need to be. I do not give a damn about the 1.6.4 version. It's dead to me. And was nothing more than 'practice', to work everything out.
Wow... I walked in here at the perfect time. I was just about to ask a couple of questions and already one out of the way.

Anyone know if you can use Hunger Overhaul to alter values for Agriculture foods? I looked at @Jadedcat's Magic Farm 2 to see an example but i couldn't see any sort of config options or in-game "Unfilling Snack" styled texts.