Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I saw that. So does IC2 bring anything by itself that the others dont aside from armor and what not? Which I could get from another mod.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
So IC2, deleted.

So with

Tinkers, Mekanism, Buildcraft, EnderIO and Factorization. I dont need to worry about any ore gen overlaps aside from Mek and Tinkers tin and copper. Does anyone know if Mek ores smelt in TC? Or if TC ores work for Mek stuff? Cause if Mek smelts in TC then Id disable TCs ores just cause theyre disabled there already.

And yes, I know Mekanism will get me more ores overall, but I still like having a smeltery. Its fun for a weird reason.(Ok, Im just being dumb here I guess. Mek is superior in every way. =()

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I saw that. So does IC2 bring anything by itself that the others dont aside from armor and what not? Which I could get from another mod.

IC is still unbeatable in terms of raw processing performance, being able to process 1 item per tick at max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
IC is still unbeatable in terms of raw processing performance, being able to process 1 item per tick at max.

Really? I thought the fully upgraded Mek items gave more output in the end? Since each machine can also process so many items at once. granted Im not very well versed in end game for either mod. But I do know Mek stuff is too fast for things like routers to use.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I thought the fully upgraded Mek items gave more output in the end? Since each machine can also process so many items at once. granted Im not very well versed in end game for either mod. But I do know Mek stuff is too fast for things like routers to use.

Ah yes of course the parallel processing. I haven't ran the numbers but you could well be right. Good because I don't have IC either and need some tech on steroids

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
IC2 itself might not bring much to the table that other mods can't replace, but IMO the whole IC2 "experience" is based a lot on its addons as well. Two of my all-time favourite mods are in fact IC2 addons: Gravisuite and Nuclear Control.

Reactions: CptSpike

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 itself might not bring much to the table that other mods can't replace, but IMO the whole IC2 "experience" is based a lot on its addons as well. Two of my all-time favourite mods are in fact IC2 addons: Gravisuite and Nuclear Control.

^ This

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019

Im too dumb for nuclear control. And are the addons updated for 7.10? Ill probably make a second world once GT 7.10 comes out anyway. But the bloat of techmods will drive me insane at the same time.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Im too dumb for nuclear control. And are the addons updated for 7.10? Ill probably make a second world once GT 7.10 comes out anyway. But the bloat of techmods will drive me insane at the same time.

Bloat of techmods? How dare you! I bid you good day, sir! :)

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Not even close to true. Both RoC and Mek better IC2.

As for the ores thing, just look in the configs.

Wasnt my question. My question was which configs to use regarding the ores. Unless you can tell me TC and Mek would give me the same ores. I dunno how it works in 1.7.10 with these mods. Are they interchangable. Does one spawn more then another, can one cook the other, etc.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Wasnt my question. My question was which configs to use regarding the ores. Unless you can tell me TC and Mek would give me the same ores. I dunno how it works in 1.7.10 with these mods. Are they interchangable. Does one spawn more then another, can one cook the other, etc.
AFAIK, Mekanism has copper and tin as ore gen, which IS oredicted, so it is compatible with everything else.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Not really sure what you are asking. You can only use one terrain generator at the time. This is what you have to choose when creating the world.

If you are asking about biomes, then the mods are configged to automatically each others biomes, so choosing ATG terrain generation will use ATG+BoP+Highland biomes as long as you have them all enabled.

You answered it already, that is what i am asking. So if i choose default world generation am i getting the BoP + Highland as well? Since AFAIK ATG must be chosen for ATG to generate right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
You answered it already, that is what i am asking. So if i choose default world generation am i getting the BoP + Highland as well? Since AFAIK ATG must be chosen for ATG to generate right?
There are two activities being discussed as part of world generation: terrain generation, and biome placement. In the absence of a global terrain generation override (which is what ATG is, primarily), biomes can themselves decide what their terrain should generally look like -- for instance, Extreme Hills is decidedly different terrain than, say, Plains or Ocean.

Biomes O' Plenty and Highlands only add new biomes, which is to say, they don't alter global terrain generation, so if you're hoping to get an "ATG-looking" world, you *must* choose ATG for the terrain generator. However, both BoP and Highlands register their biomes such that ATG is aware of them, and ATG will then place those biomes where they make sense in the world it generates. You can see this by looking around with WAILA and noting the fact that both BoP and Highlands plants are present, as well as by recognizing some of the more notable biome appearances (BoP's Ominous Woods biome is pretty recognizable, for instance).

Reactions: reddvilzz

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
What crops does the Ritual of the Green Grove affect to? The wiki says something about those having IPlantable, but I have no idea of what that means. Also, I noticed some of the crops benefit more than the others (trees and sugarcane vs potatos for example). I'm mainly interested in the first ones, anyone knows which ones they are?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What crops does the Ritual of the Green Grove affect to? The wiki says something about those having IPlantable, but I have no idea of what that means. Also, I noticed some of the crops benefit more than the others (trees and sugarcane vs potatos for example). I'm mainly interested in the first ones, anyone knows which ones they are?

If something can be planted, the ritual will affect it.

Reactions: RealSketch

sancor

Jul 29, 2019
what's the best mod to play now from scraft now? what's the server to play there?
I dont actually know anyone who plays any modded minecraft so I would like to play on a server with mods, where should I do it?