Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Where does one commonly find Project Red marble? I'd like to create a mystcraft age with the appropriate biome/s to quarry it, but it doesnt seem to spawn in extreme hills like it used to for redpower.

I find it everywhere. Don't think I've been able to go more than 10 y levels before I find some.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Where does one commonly find Project Red marble? I'd like to create a mystcraft age with the appropriate biome/s to quarry it, but it doesnt seem to spawn in extreme hills like it used to for redpower.
RP2 marble used to spawn near ravines. Think it is the same deal with Project Red marble.

Bear in mind that if you are playing one of the FTB packs(think it is only Monster that has Project red), then the spawn of the marble is disabled, due to the fact that you already got 2 other kinds of marble spawning. The Chisel chisel will transform one marble to another for you.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get twilight forest to not crash your yogcraft server? Or get a java error or time out?

As with all problems Minecraft, throw more RAM at it. TF is a heavy place to visit, lots of blocks, lots going on. My server has 2GB of RAM and TF is still painful. Luckily I don't find it all that interesting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question I could easily test, but meh: does the Mekanism Digital Miner auto pull from DSUs?

Edit: Got bored, yes they can. Huzzah!

Last edited:

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder since FTB Monster pack have Highland + BoP + ATG do they all generated when creating new world if i choose default world gen / bop world / highland world gen?

Or do i have to choose only one of them in the world gen setting?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder since FTB Monster pack have Highland + BoP + ATG do they all generated when creating new world if i choose default world gen / bop world / highland world gen?

It uses all three.

Reactions: reddvilzz

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Opinion question. trying to figure out what mods to include/not include in my personal 1.7.10 modded world. I have the few that I like but I want to cut down the bloat on my mods that generate ores.

Mekanism
Buildcraft
IC2
Metallurgy

Opinions on what to keep, what to cut, etc? I was thinking BC and IC2 might just stay. Im on the fence with metallurgy. It really just adds a crapton of ores but is it even really needed when Im using Tinkers? And Mekanism is... dunno, I like it. But With BC and IC2? Hrm.

Opinions?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Opinion question. trying to figure out what mods to include/not include in my personal 1.7.10 modded world. I have the few that I like but I want to cut down the bloat on my mods that generate ores.

Mekanism
Buildcraft
IC2
Metallurgy

Opinions on what to keep, what to cut, etc? I was thinking BC and IC2 might just stay. Im on the fence with metallurgy. It really just adds a crapton of ores but is it even really needed when Im using Tinkers? And Mekanism is... dunno, I like it. But With BC and IC2? Hrm.

Opinions?

I saw remove Metallurgy to start with. It adds many ores you'll likely never use, and configs are a pain.
I couldn't agree with this more. Metallurgy is cute, but for most packs it's a prime example of "what to cut away first."

The rest you mentioned are all purely opinion pieces. You're unfortunately inviting a large storm of discussion on the merits of IC2 and BuildCraft (very polarizing subjects).

Personally I'd keep everything else you mentioned, pare them down brutally with MineTweaker, and have fun.
But seriously, my opinion is irrelevant: all you're going to get is opinions on what makes every individual's game more fun for that person :)

edit: Woops, I see you explicitly acknowledged "opinions". So, much of my point above is silly. But perhaps consider making a thread for a topic that invites some fun (and heated) discussion :)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Not really sure what you are asking. You can only use one terrain generator at the time. This is what you have to choose when creating the world.

If you are asking about biomes, then the mods are configged to automatically each others biomes, so choosing ATG terrain generation will use ATG+BoP+Highland biomes as long as you have them all enabled.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't agree with this more. Metallurgy is cute, but for most packs it's a prime example of "what to cut away first."

The rest you mentioned are all purely opinion pieces. You're unfortunately inviting a large storm of discussion on the merits of IC2 and BuildCraft (very polarizing subjects).

Personally I'd keep everything else you mentioned, pare them down brutally with MineTweaker, and have fun.
But seriously, my opinion is irrelevant: all you're going to get is opinions on what makes every individual's game more fun for that person :)

edit: Woops, I see you explicitly acknowledged "opinions". So, much of my point above is silly. But perhaps consider making a thread for a topic that invites some fun (and heated) discussion :)

Where should I make the topic then? Here? Im always unsure if general FTB should consist of general, in regards to ftb or general period.

I mostly only have one other question anyway. Getting rid of Metallurgy, keeping Mekanism, IC2, BC and TC. Wtf should I do with ore gen? I absolutely hate getting 23 and a half different copper ores. Which do I keep from which mod, and which do I disable from the other mod? I dont include factorization cause that only adds one ore which isnt the usual tin/copper. I dont say bronze cause bronze is always made and never found so I dont think that should matter in the end scheme of things.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Where should I make the topic then? Here? Im always unsure if general FTB should consist of general, in regards to ftb or general period.

I mostly only have one other question anyway. Getting rid of Metallurgy, keeping Mekanism, IC2, BC and TC. Wtf should I do with ore gen? I absolutely hate getting 23 and a half different copper ores. Which do I keep from which mod, and which do I disable from the other mod? I dont include factorization cause that only adds one ore which isnt the usual tin/copper. I dont say bronze cause bronze is always made and never found so I dont think that should matter in the end scheme of things.
For good or ill, people treat Mod Discussion and General FTB Chat identically. I've never seen a moderator move a topic from one to the other. Put it in either one.

Regarding world-gen, that particular question certainly justifies being in this thread. I wish I had a good answer for you that didn't involve researching the specific world-gens of those mods.

The good news is that world gen is virtually always configurable. Beyond that, I'm lazy so I'd probably mentally draw straws and randomly pick the winning mod to keep its gen and config out the others.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Edit/update: So I rolled back to a previous save and stuck a barrel onto the side of the itemduct, and then an import bus on the barrel to drain its contents into the ME system. It turns out that there was roughly 3 barrels worth of cobble in the itemducts, all of which had popped out as entities when I knocked out that one unfortunate section of duct. This has pretty much solidified my decision to only use AE from now on and just avoid all other item transportation systems. Jesus.

In a previous map, I had a 24 coal-coke oven "farm" turning jungle logs into charcoal and creosote, for fueling liquid powered steam boilers. I ran out of logs, and decided to shut down the ovens to recover some for other usage. Oh, did I mention this whole mess was fed via itemducts? Betcha can see where I'm going...

Reversed the flow of logs back into ME after I got annoyed at manually emptying the ovens a few times. Yes, I had shut off the feed chest.

I ended up going from 0 logs in ME, to 50,000+. There were that many bouncing around in the stuffed itemducts. Can you say, lag source? :D

Itemducts can hold a surprising amount of items....

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

Mekanism
Buildcraft
IC2
Metallurgy

Opinions?

Personally I'd keep Mek over BC and IC, covers pretty much both of them once you get into it. All Mek is missing is electric armour (which may even be in the 1.7 version for all i know) and simple pipes.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'd keep Mek over BC and IC, covers pretty much both of them once you get into it. All Mek is missing is electric armour (which may even be in the 1.7 version for all i know) and simple pipes.

Mek has wearable items but not a full set of rechargeable armor. IMO I'd keep mek & BC but I'd drop IC2 and instead use EnderIO. EnderIO in 1.7.10 has rechargeable armor that is mildly expensive to upgradebunless you have EnderIO pearls sorted. The upgrades, to me, are beyond what IC2 offers and between it and Mekanism you should have some good options until other mods begin updating. This also sorts your ore gen problem as IIRC EnderIO has no worldgen.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Mek has wearable items but not a full set of rechargeable armor. IMO I'd keep mek & BC but I'd drop IC2 and instead use EnderIO. EnderIO in 1.7.10 has rechargeable armor that is mildly expensive to upgradebunless you have EnderIO pearls sorted. The upgrades, to me, are beyond what IC2 offers and between it and Mekanism you should have some good options until other mods begin updating. This also sorts your ore gen problem as IIRC EnderIO has no worldgen.
Not all problems. TCon still spawns tin/copper but I had those disabled by default so youre correct. Guess Ill ask for a new page on ore gen help. And opinions. I dont really want to lose IC2 because I did have plans for gregtech just cause I love gregtech machines but not his changes(Industrial Grinder has to be my most favorite item ever).

But I dont believe gregtech is updated anyway which means I couldnt add it later cause it does add ore gen. So Getting rid of IC2 and playing with Mekanism/BC might be my best bet. I dont believe Buildcraft has world gen outside of their liquids which means I can just enable all the world gen via Mekanism/AE2/TCon and just have copper/tin gen via Mekanism cause I believe ore dict would just make it usable by every other mod.

Am I missing anything here? I dont know if IC2 by itself has anything Id miss much that BC/Mekanism doesnt already have.