Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
what's the best mod to play now from scraft now? what's the server to play there?
I dont actually know anyone who plays any modded minecraft so I would like to play on a server with mods, where should I do it?
You can browse a very large section full of servers here.
You can't really choose the best mod to get started with...

sancor

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for teh quick reply, what I meant, is there a famous server where everyone is playing? I just quit a vainilla server where all of the sudden people went ballistic and started to destroy my buildings

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for teh quick reply, what I meant, is there a famous server where everyone is playing? I just quit a vainilla server where all of the sudden people went ballistic and started to destroy my buildings
Nope, I think the server hosting 'puters would melt if they tried to host multi-thousand player FTB servers~~

Also there needs to be many different kinds of servers to cater for all the people with different opinions :3

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, there may be famous servers for small groups of people who know each other well on the forums, but apart from that, all the new members and less known members tend to join one of the servers in that section I linked to.
I would advise you to maybe just look for the popular servers in that list, 'cause I dunno what else is available. :p

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
If something can be planted, the ritual will affect it.

MMm ok, thanks a lot, and as for what crops benefit the most from it? Has anyone tested this already? (ie, trees benefit much more than wheat - may have something to do with the fact that wheat goes trough various stages of growing?)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
MMm ok, thanks a lot, and as for what crops benefit the most from it? Has anyone tested this already? (ie, trees benefit much more than wheat - may have something to do with the fact that wheat goes trough various stages of growing?)
The ritual of the green grove applies growth ticks to the plants, so it really just depends on the number of stages a plant has. If it has 2, it'll be much faster then one with 6.

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there are anything similar to the forestry backpacks in FTB Horizons? I hate to leave stuff behind because my inventory is full when mining. :(

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Morph and Meteors:
So I've never seen a meteor before. Just started playing direwolf1.025 and I was inside my hut for the night when I heard this horrific explosion 'somewhere'. I went outside and didn't see anything. I'm pretty sure its the meteor from the Morph mod, but I have no idea of what I should be looking for now. The only other person on the server at the time didnt hear anything so I think the 'singular event' happened near me. Is it a huge hole? or what not that I should be looking for?

thanks!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Morph and Meteors:
So I've never seen a meteor before. Just started playing direwolf1.025 and I was inside my hut for the night when I heard this horrific explosion 'somewhere'. I went outside and didn't see anything. I'm pretty sure its the meteor from the Morph mod, but I have no idea of what I should be looking for now. The only other person on the server at the time didnt hear anything so I think the 'singular event' happened near me. Is it a huge hole? or what not that I should be looking for?

thanks!

That's AM2. Morph does not have a meteor yet. The AM2 one is most likely four to five blocks, which will be a mixture of smooth stone and moonstone.

Reactions: RealSketch

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
There are two activities being discussed as part of world generation: terrain generation, and biome placement. In the absence of a global terrain generation override (which is what ATG is, primarily), biomes can themselves decide what their terrain should generally look like -- for instance, Extreme Hills is decidedly different terrain than, say, Plains or Ocean.

Biomes O' Plenty and Highlands only add new biomes, which is to say, they don't alter global terrain generation, so if you're hoping to get an "ATG-looking" world, you *must* choose ATG for the terrain generator. However, both BoP and Highlands register their biomes such that ATG is aware of them, and ATG will then place those biomes where they make sense in the world it generates. You can see this by looking around with WAILA and noting the fact that both BoP and Highlands plants are present, as well as by recognizing some of the more notable biome appearances (BoP's Ominous Woods biome is pretty recognizable, for instance).

Hmm okay ATG only for terrain generation while the others are biome generation. So if i choose default world generation then both highland + bop biomes will show up then? Just to make sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Alexg1050

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a suggestion of what mod pack to play as a beginner to learn the mods or a good way to get familiar with the mods I really want to get good at playing the Monster mod pack.

KruSion

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my friend are running a private FTB: Monster server and there are like 2 or 3 chunks where he can't interact, like can't open chests or use any machinery etc. Is there a way to fix this without starting all over? It's kinda in the middle of our base :(