Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
How to configure the Guardian stone from geostrata? reika's site says:
"a crystal-based stone which will act as a personal worldguard region, blocking anyone else (except admins and players you specifically whitelist) from breaking or placing blocks or interacting with things like buttons, doors, and block GUIs."

I've no idea how to access the said whitelist
/guardstone add/remove <name>

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, so you can't find the villager you want, eh? So, I could suggest the same thing as before, a villager zombification and curing system, and it'd only be slightly less helpful to suggest it now then I did before.

Another good question is how far are you in Witchery?

EDIT: Oh, and why bother with the MFSU? They can be recharged in many ways, and I don't suggest the MFSU for that.
...I do suggest only one thing, though, and it's only possible if you have Power Converters...
Witchery progress report: Nowheresville. I have the seeds (that's it), but I haven't started setting up an altar or chalk circles yet. My current base is quite FPS-laggy, I think due to my AE network & IC2 power systems, as well as its location, so I've been holding off on any big projects until I get my void age up and working. Hopefully a totally empty age will have far less lag than the overworld, and I should be able to spread out the visual-heavy parts of my base easier than if I were to bulldoze the overworld. What do you recommend?

I'm using the MFSU because it holds the most energy, and can recharge the fastest, of all the IC2 tiered power rechargers.
I only have two elite batteries in my MPS gear, in the helmet and in the power fist; I took the other three out as I found that the charge was draining from the top-down, causing my helmet to be depleted, then my chestplate, and so on. It also was not getting recharged by any fluxed or TConstruct electric items in my inventory, or my resonant flux capacitor, regardless of whether or not they were on my hotbar. So after my helmet's charge had been depleted (and there's no noticeable way to tell, unless you could point me to a good HUD mod), it would take damage. It got to about half-health before I realized what had happened and went to repair it.
After that, I upgraded to the largest battery size in the helmet and took the others out, which actually made me lose weight (take that, diet scams), so it wasn't such a bad trade.
/walloftext
So basically, why doesn't the MPS distribute energy among its pieces;
How can I recharge the suit better, such as: I drop it in a chest, the chest sends it to be charged, and it is cycled along until it's fully charged, then put into another chest, QUICKLY, as I often need to recharge while in the field;
And what about Power Converters?[DOUBLEPOST=1398559195][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's the easiest way to fuel a Lamp of Growth?
Depends on what you need it for. If you're using it for trees (or sugarcane, wheat, or other plants; which I assume is the entire point of the lamp anyway), for instance, you could cycle some extra saplings into the alchemical furnace; basically a self-fueling furnace system.
If you're using it for other things, such as mana beans, TConstruct bushes, or the like, just set up a small-medium-ish farm from cactus, saplings... anything that has the most herba on it, and then send the results into the furnace. I think netherwart is a particularly good source of herba; iirc, it can also be centrifuged into nearly every other aspect (eventually).

Reactions: Shazam08

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Something something ancient ritual something dragon something prophecy. :p
Beat me to it, I was waiting for a good opportunity to go "@Reika pthagn r'lyeh! Ieyah! Ieyah!" We can probably still use it to scare the newbs though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What's the easiest way to fuel a Lamp of Growth?
Set up a dedicated leaf farm. MFR harvester set to shear leaves, MFR Fertilizer fed from a cow farm set to turn on when your stock of leaves is low, and route the leaves into an Alchemical Furnace or three.

I'm using Steve's Factory Manager to monitor the leaves level and route the leaves into the furnace, but you could use a vanilla comparitor and redstone, or AE level emitters, to monitor the leaves.

2014-03-24_21.55.02.jpg

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
I've been messing around with the rotarycraft spawner controller and I'd like to know if there's a way to completely disable the spawner so it only turns on when I (for example) use a lever? Running it 24/7 is pretty easy to accomplish but since the server I'm playing on isn't that great, this would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance and a nice sunday to everyone!

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I've been messing around with the rotarycraft spawner controller and I'd like to know if there's a way to completely disable the spawner so it only turns on when I (for example) use a lever? Running it 24/7 is pretty easy to accomplish but since the server I'm playing on isn't that great, this would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance and a nice sunday to everyone!
Just shut the power down with an Engine Control Unit. Then light up the spawner. One signal can trigger the ECU and a redstone lamp.

Not so sure on spawners that work in bright light... But you probably don't want to be running power to it 24/7 either way.

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
Just shut the power down with an Engine Control Unit. Then light up the spawner. One signal can trigger the ECU and a redstone lamp.

Not so sure on spawners that work in bright light... But you probably don't want to be running power to it 24/7 either way.

I'm using a Magnetostatic Engine to power the spawner controller so I guess you mean something like Lever -> rednet cable -> ECU & redstone lamp ? I'll give it a try, thanks for the fast answer!

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a Magnetostatic Engine to power the spawner controller so I guess you mean something like Lever -> rednet cable -> ECU & redstone lamp ? I'll give it a try, thanks for the fast answer!
That's about it; I use those magnetostatic engines myself so you can also just cut off their RF supply; tesseracts and cells just need a lever directly.

And you're welcome. It helps when you get notifications on the phone of new posts ;)

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
That's about it; I use those magnetostatic engines myself so you can also just cut off their RF supply; tesseracts and cells just need a lever directly.

And you're welcome. It helps when you get notifications on the phone of new posts ;)

Works like a charm and really easy to setup, thanks again! :D

Reactions: Dorque