Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
That's what it looks like I'm planning to do - IF I ever find such a villager. I've gone through at least ten batches with about twenty villagers per batch, and haven't found any trades for said pages yet.
Sounds like you'd be interested in knowing that zombie villagers can naturally spawn, and one can cure them, thus getting you your first villager.

Or did I misunderstand? If it's that you don't have that villager, why not make a "villager recycling plant" like I did ages ago? Make sure you are in hard difficulty, then send zombies at villagers and get zombie villagers. Then cure all the zombies after separating them from each other.

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you'd be interested in knowing that zombie villagers can naturally spawn, and one can cure them, thus getting you your first villager.

Or did I misunderstand? If it's that you don't have that villager, why not make a "villager recycling plant" like I did ages ago? Make sure you are in hard difficulty, then send zombies at villagers and get zombie villagers. Then cure all the zombies after separating them from each other.

Or just use a MFR autospawner to spawn villagers atop an empty smelter, with an extra utilities trade station (not sure if that's the exact name, search for "trade" in NEI) to easily look at each of them. When you've gone through all the ones that spawned, toss an ingot into the smelter and laugh maniacally... Repeat as needed.

Reactions: kaiomann

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think this is cheaty. I spawned near a village with a ful tinkers set up and thaumcraft books and usually I make all that stuff by myself so is using te villages stuff like lame?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

No... I think I wasn't quite clear: I have an MFR auto-spawner repeatedly spawning villagers for me to trade with. After I'm done, I kill them all with my Capitalist I sword, which makes them drop one emerald each (at least, I think it's the Capitalist enchantment that does it; OpenMods or Forbidden Magic, not sure which mod adds it).
My problem is that I can't reliably spawn a batch of mystcraft villagers that have different trades, so I have two options:
1. Auto-spawn a bunch of normal villagers, see if the mystcraft villagers have anything good, then slaughter the lot of them, netting a large gain in emeralds.
2. Auto-spawn exact copies of a mystcraft villager with a one emerald per (random page), trade with each of the cloned villagers once, making them generate new and unique trades (and getting a lot of worthless duplicate pages in the process), and then seeing what's for sale.
It took a while, but I finally got my page for a void world. Now just a little bit longer until I get that clear modifiers symbol...
Or just use a MFR autospawner to spawn villagers atop an empty smelter, with an extra utilities trade station (not sure if that's the exact name, search for "trade" in NEI) to easily look at each of them. When you've gone through all the ones that spawned, toss an ingot into the smelter and laugh maniacally... Repeat as needed.
I'm using the trade station, but I think my sword is better than a DireTrap20 for emerald exchange rates.

Simple question:
Is there a way to get my MPS armor into (and out of) an MFSU for recharging via "unusual" means, such as pipes or golems?

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Simple question:
Is there a way to get my MPS armor into (and out of) an MFSU for recharging via "unusual" means, such as pipes or golems?
I would assume so... You should be able to pump your armor into the top of the MFSU and extract it from any of the sides, though I'm not sure how you could detect when the armor is charged. If it still charges instantaneously, there's no problem; but if not, your best bet is probably a timer.

Also, how many emeralds a smeltery can squeeze out of a villager depends entirely on how quickly you heal the villager. With nothing healing them, each villager gives one quarter of an emerald, but with that healing thing from Blood Magic or one of those GeoStrata crystals you could get much more.

Or, you know, do both at once- wait for the smeltery to almost kill them, then smack them with your Capitalist sword. Probably works best with with that enchant on a Sword of the Zephyr, since it has a nice area of effect.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume so... You should be able to pump your armor into the top of the MFSU and extract it from any of the sides, though I'm not sure how you could detect when the armor is charged. If it still charges instantaneously, there's no problem; but if not, your best bet is probably a timer.

Also, how many emeralds a smeltery can squeeze out of a villager depends entirely on how quickly you heal the villager. With nothing healing them, each villager gives one quarter of an emerald, but with that healing thing from Blood Magic or one of those GeoStrata crystals you could get much more.

Or, you know, do both at once- wait for the smeltery to almost kill them, then smack them with your Capitalist sword. Probably works best with with that enchant on a Sword of the Zephyr, since it has a nice area of effect.
I haven't started yet with BM, thanks for reminding me about that. GeoStrata had a weird issue with Thaumcraft last I tried... don't remember what exactly, but it was some sort of error with the Guardian stone (or whatever-it's-called) from GS.
Itemducts don't pump into an MFSU; I should probably try LP or even golems. Thanks for your help, though.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
No... I think I wasn't quite clear: I have an MFR auto-spawner repeatedly spawning villagers for me to trade with. After I'm done, I kill them all with my Capitalist I sword, which makes them drop one emerald each (at least, I think it's the Capitalist enchantment that does it; OpenMods or Forbidden Magic, not sure which mod adds it).
My problem is that I can't reliably spawn a batch of mystcraft villagers that have different trades, so I have two options:
1. Auto-spawn a bunch of normal villagers, see if the mystcraft villagers have anything good, then slaughter the lot of them, netting a large gain in emeralds.
2. Auto-spawn exact copies of a mystcraft villager with a one emerald per (random page), trade with each of the cloned villagers once, making them generate new and unique trades (and getting a lot of worthless duplicate pages in the process), and then seeing what's for sale.
It took a while, but I finally got my page for a void world. Now just a little bit longer until I get that clear modifiers symbol...

I'm using the trade station, but I think my sword is better than a DireTrap20 for emerald exchange rates.

Simple question:
Ah, so you can't find the villager you want, eh? So, I could suggest the same thing as before, a villager zombification and curing system, and it'd only be slightly less helpful to suggest it now then I did before.

Another good question is how far are you in Witchery?

EDIT: Oh, and why bother with the MFSU? They can be recharged in many ways, and I don't suggest the MFSU for that.
...I do suggest only one thing, though, and it's only possible if you have Power Converters...

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Did you mean to say "How do some people get so many likes"? Well, google translate failed (how unexpected!).
It should just be "Wie bekommen manche Manschen so viele Likes", as there isn't really a word for likes as in forum/fb likes. Vorlieben means preferences ;)
German guy out!
Damn! I can't seem to master any other language.

Reactions: kaiomann

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
OK, next silly question:

I heard I can run different enderIO cables through the same block, does this include, say, connecting them to an MFR grinder?

Like, can I pull mob essence and items out of the back face of the grinder at the same time with enderIO thingies?

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
How to configure the Guardian stone from geostrata? reika's site says:
"a crystal-based stone which will act as a personal worldguard region, blocking anyone else (except admins and players you specifically whitelist) from breaking or placing blocks or interacting with things like buttons, doors, and block GUIs."

I've no idea how to access the said whitelist

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
How to configure the Guardian stone from geostrata? reika's site says:
"a crystal-based stone which will act as a personal worldguard region, blocking anyone else (except admins and players you specifically whitelist) from breaking or placing blocks or interacting with things like buttons, doors, and block GUIs."

I've no idea how to access the said whitelist
@Reika

Reactions: Dorque