Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Syne

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to retrogen Osmium after installing Mekanism in an already generated world? I looked through the configs and found no mention of retrogen. However, I could be looking in the wrong place.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have access to MFR? If so, villager auto spawner? I built one and it was crazy good at bouncing me to a Tier 4 altar in short order.
What's the punishment for sacrificing villagers? Currently I don't have a problem with collecting LP, but my altar will take up too much space eventually.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
What's the punishment for sacrificing villagers? Currently I don't have a problem with collecting LP, but my altar will take up too much space eventually.
Standard villager hate. Trades get very expensive, but that didn't effect villagers spawned or found after the slaughter.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

No punishment.

Really? When I tried earlier today the universal cables didn't connect to the machines (Galacticraft 2.0.12.1010, Mekanism 6.1.0.38). What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea, I'm going off of what I saw in a few videos. Try an energy conduit from TE3 instead.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Daboss9701

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, but there seems to be a problem with my friends ftb launcher. Whenever he or I try to start the launcher it says failed to load modpacks on the log and it wont even load the launcher properly. I don't know what to do HELP!

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika If you are using a custom set of mods, you can try DartCraft and immerse the sheeps in a pool of liquid force.
The liquid force will cause the sheeps to regenerate their wool almost instantly.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery progress report: Nowheresville. I have the seeds (that's it), but I haven't started setting up an altar or chalk circles yet. My current base is quite FPS-laggy, I think due to my AE network & IC2 power systems, as well as its location, so I've been holding off on any big projects until I get my void age up and working. Hopefully a totally empty age will have far less lag than the overworld, and I should be able to spread out the visual-heavy parts of my base easier than if I were to bulldoze the overworld. What do you recommend?

I'm using the MFSU because it holds the most energy, and can recharge the fastest, of all the IC2 tiered power rechargers.
I only have two elite batteries in my MPS gear, in the helmet and in the power fist; I took the other three out as I found that the charge was draining from the top-down, causing my helmet to be depleted, then my chestplate, and so on. It also was not getting recharged by any fluxed or TConstruct electric items in my inventory, or my resonant flux capacitor, regardless of whether or not they were on my hotbar. So after my helmet's charge had been depleted (and there's no noticeable way to tell, unless you could point me to a good HUD mod), it would take damage. It got to about half-health before I realized what had happened and went to repair it.
After that, I upgraded to the largest battery size in the helmet and took the others out, which actually made me lose weight (take that, diet scams), so it wasn't such a bad trade.
/walloftext
So basically, why doesn't the MPS distribute energy among its pieces;
How can I recharge the suit better, such as: I drop it in a chest, the chest sends it to be charged, and it is cycled along until it's fully charged, then put into another chest, QUICKLY, as I often need to recharge while in the field;
And what about Power Converters?
@YX33A?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, I tried the liquid force idea:
YasETL8.png

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
I've never looked into changing the mod lists of packs, adding or removing anything, but it seems like the 1.7 packs will be missing a certain mod I'd really like to play with. I guess the appropriate response to my problems would be "just add it yourself", to which I reply: "Yeah, that's the plan. But how?"

How easy/hard/work demanding is it for me to put another mod into a pack? I only play single player, so all that hassle with server play can safely be left out. Is it drag-and-drop into the right folder, or do I have to learn coding or spend hours using external tools to edit config files? Will everything crash unless I manually search out conflicting block IDs and assign them new, proper IDs, or is it a matter of plug-and-play? A little insight would be greatly appreciated.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I've never looked into changing the mod lists of packs, adding or removing anything, but it seems like the 1.7 packs will be missing a certain mod I'd really like to play with. I guess the appropriate response to my problems would be "just add it yourself", to which I reply: "Yeah, that's the plan. But how?"

How easy/hard/work demanding is it for me to put another mod into a pack? I only play single player, so all that hassle with server play can safely be left out. Is it drag-and-drop into the right folder, or do I have to learn coding or spend hours using external tools to edit config files? Will everything crash unless I manually search out conflicting block IDs and assign them new, proper IDs, or is it a matter of plug-and-play? A little insight would be greatly appreciated.
1.7 does away with Block IDs as far as the player is concerned. With that change, adding a mod becomes a 'drag-and-drop' exercise. You will only need to mess with config files if you want to change options or adjust the balance.

Not all mods will be compatible with all others. However, IDs were the biggest hurdle for most people in constructing a pack, and one of the most annoying things in the world to deal with.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.