Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Anyone else having trouble running minecraft with just 8gb ram total?

I'm running on 4GB total. To use Monster I had to give it 500MB extra memory over default, stick to the basic texture pack and turn my effects down to counter the annoying lagspikes. It's comfortably playable in this state :)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having trouble running minecraft with just 8gb ram total?
"Just"?

I run Monster with 2.75gb dedicated. It can't even deal appropriately with more than 4gb; you shouldn't really give it more than that.

It's outdated, but try some of the Java arguments in @Eyamaz 's thread; it's listed in his signature.

@malicious_bloke I'd suggest taking a look at those Java arguments too. They made an infinite difference in my play experience.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Jesus thats annoying as hell. Is there any other way for them to not spawn? It kinda invalidates my mob spawner since they aggro creepers and such.

Nope, try to find a way to sort mobs instead. I think TT has a block for this (Corporeal Attractor?).

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get a desert nova / other AM2 flower farm set up? I have tried bonemeal, went through about 8 stacks of it and still haven't seen a single desert nova. Even went so far as to plant grass in a desert.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get a desert nova / other AM2 flower farm set up? I have tried bonemeal, went through about 8 stacks of it and still haven't seen a single desert nova. Even went so far as to plant grass in a desert.
As far as I know no. Maybe EE3 will be able to help you out in the future though.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
1. What's the best Ammunition for the Matter Cannon?
Either gold or lead nuggets, from what I've heard. Other nuggets and Matter Balls work too, but are less effective.
Magic Bees might spawn them, maybe, but I don't really know. I'm fairly sure they can spawn Thaumcraft flowers, but I don't know about Ars Magica.
Oh, the Aums should pop up spontaneously around Witchwood trees, but I don't think the orchids or novas are renewable.
Does the lamp of fertility work on villagers?
If you're referring to the Thaumcraft lamp that consumes Herba to make plants grow faster, I highly doubt it. The Fertility Serum from Xeno's Reliquary or MFR's Breeder might, though, but I'd still be surprised.

In any case, you can certainly go Vanilla and spam wooden doors everywhere.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
the tinker hearts i have 10 mini ones and 2 yellow canisters. When i go thru a myst craft portal they vanish. Is there a way to fix this. I have to unequip them and put them back on for the yellow hearts to show up again.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there a way to speed up a Tinkers Construct smeltery?
I know you can add more layers to make it process more in parallel, but I'm talking about speeding up the speed at which the blocks become melted.