Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
1.7 does away with Block IDs as far as the player is concerned. With that change, adding a mod becomes a 'drag-and-drop' exercise. You will only need to mess with config files if you want to change options or adjust the balance.

Not all mods will be compatible with all others. However, IDs were the biggest hurdle for most people in constructing a pack, and one of the most annoying things in the world to deal with.
And with the universal config project, huge props to the people involved with that, it's not too difficult even in 1.6.4. I'm running a server with a decidedly non-stock version of Monster and I had to fix - count it - one ID conflict.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all
I'm playing on a dw20 1.6.4 server I have 2 spot loaders to spare and I need a quarrying turtle program

I have a ender chest full of fuel for it to.
I have 2 advanced turtles set up but my old program does not work
Any suggestion ( preferably turtles I'm just starting out)
Thanks

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Playing around with Galacticraft at the moment, working on my moon base, but I've got a power problem.

This is my setup.

Galacticraft2.jpg

Galacticraft3.jpg

Galacticraft4.jpg

12 advanced solar panels, connected up to 2 energy storage devices, which are then connected to an oxygen collector and compressor.

My problem is that if I run through the energy storage modules, the power drains insanely quick, and I can't run the collector or compressor, but if I connect the solar panels directly up to the machines, they work fine.

Galacticraft1.jpg

If I don't connect the energy storage up the the machines, they store up power normally.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
How in the world do I get the RotaryCraft Item Cannon to fire?

I have two fully-powered, coordinates entered, items in the GUI... nothing is happening.

@Reika By the ancient contract I summon thee, since it's not on the wiki and Google's got nothing.

Side note, the GUI won't save the coordinates; not sure if it's supposed to or not.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

I have two fully-powered, coordinates entered, items in the GUI... nothing is happening.

@Reika By the ancient contract I summon thee, since it's not on the wiki and Google's got nothing.

Side note, the GUI won't save the coordinates; not sure if it's supposed to or not.

I think it needs an redstone signal to fire

Not 100% sure but worth trying

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I think it needs an redstone signal to fire

Not 100% sure but worth trying
I'm gonna be awfully embarrassed if it works, but I'm certainly going to try it.

::EDIT:: Nope, no dice. I'm still concerned that it's not keeping my coordinates; even if it needs a redstone signal, I can't hit a button and keep the GUI open at the same time. Might try a timer or something.

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
It will with a controller on it.

Oh nice I just tested this in creative! finally I got something that will keep the blazes from spawning without having to light up the whole room. Thanks Reika!

Still kinda 'meh' that the engine needs to be on for the redstone signal to work on the spawner but that would be the only spawner getting a redstone signal.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

The GUI not saving the coordinates is indicative that it is forgetting where it has been aimed. This will rather obviously prevent it from firing.

Still kinda 'meh' that the engine needs to be on for the redstone signal to work on the spawner but that would be the only spawner getting a redstone signal.
Seeing as the machine is only on when it is receiving sufficient power...

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
The GUI not saving the coordinates is indicative that it is forgetting where it has been aimed. This will rather obviously prevent it from firing.

Kinda figured. Any idea why? I feel that I'm doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me figure out what.

JargonTheRed

Jul 29, 2019
I HAVE QUESTION. This might be the wrong place though, but f it.

One of the players on my Monster 1.1.0 server brought up the /nick command, asking for it to enabled. I didn't recognize it as something I added, but sure enough, it's there alright. Does anyone know which mod adds this command? I, as an OP, can use the command, but ordinary players are unable to use it. I am using MCPC+, but not Essentials.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all
I'm playing on a dw20 1.6.4 server I have 2 spot loaders to spare and I need a quarrying turtle program

I have a ender chest full of fuel for it to.
I have 2 advanced turtles set up but my old program does not work
Any suggestion ( preferably turtles I'm just starting out)
Thanks
There's a ton on the CC forums. AustinKK's OreQuarry is great (grab a link from later in the thread, I don't think the program in the OP is updated), and I'm a huge fan of the various swarm quarries.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do you move an MFFS thing from one dim to another? I can't remember how. Oh Oh Oh and can you get infinity orbs from the fortresses in the deep dark?

Last edited:

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. Try giving it more power.
I tried cranking it straight to the max output of a Magnetostatic Engine on both sides; no dice.

Here's what I see every time I open the GUI, if that tells you anything. Entering coordinates doesn't cause the cannon to start firing items either, accurate or otherwise.

Qmktv2d.jpg