Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
is there a mod or program i can use that would auto backup my single player world every hour? My game just crashed and i lost a whole days worth of building.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
is there a mod or program i can use that would auto backup my single player world every hour? My game just crashed and i lost a whole days worth of building.
Forge ServerTools is your friend there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Is FTB slowpoke the same slowpoke responsible for the Blockhead's 1.2.5 texture pack? If so why doesnt he make more? Those IC2 textures were incredible!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
How does drops of heads/skulls work in 1.6/Monster? Is it just random/rare drops? I don't suppose there is any Vorpal(or what it was called) enchants any more?

mattah12

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, here are some pics. Hopefully they'll clarify my problem ;) 2014-04-01_20.31.36.png 2014-04-01_20.31.46.png

Attachments

• 2014-04-01_20.32.04.png
    2014-04-01_20.32.04.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 97

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
How does drops of heads/skulls work in 1.6/Monster? Is it just random/rare drops? I don't suppose there is any Vorpal(or what it was called) enchants any more?

Tinker's construct cleaver is a good option. Its my main weapon and can one shot most enemies.

mattah12

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know why it pulls out the coal, but why not use a router instead then? It can input/export from specific slots(by side or by number) and will probably work better with the other factorization stuff.
Hmmm, I know that would probably be better and to be honest I was just playing around with this set-up; but I just really want to know why it won't work. I was just playing around with it some more, and now the coal just falls out of the pipe before it reaches the slag furnace at all :/

I might try it with a heater instead and see how that all works out.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmmm, I know that would probably be better and to be honest I was just playing around with this set-up; but I just really want to know why it won't work. I was just playing around with it some more, and now the coal just falls out of the pipe before it reaches the slag furnace at all :/

I might try it with a heater instead and see how that all works out.
Yeah BC pipes cannot handle overflowing items when the furnace is full.

And the heater also has the added benefit of being able to heat several machines at once(furnaces, crystalizers etc).

mattah12

Jul 29, 2019
Well the heater works a lot better and I actually ended up just running lead cables to the batteries powering my lacerator so that worked out rather nicely :)

Still no luck in pulling the items out of my slag furnace though.

Attachments

• 2014-04-01_21.33.59.png
    2014-04-01_21.33.59.png
    445.9 KB · Views: 74

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Well the heater works a lot better and I actually ended up just running lead cables to the batteries powering my lacerator so that worked out rather nicely :)

Still no luck in pulling the items out of my slag furnace though.
I believe items need to be pulled out of the bottom...

mattah12

Jul 29, 2019
Well it appears that whilst items do indeed need to be pulled from the bottom (thank you for that btw :)), the bottom is also where the heater needs to be.

EDIT - Scratch that, it's working now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Not_Steve

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Well it appears that whilst items do indeed need to be pulled from the bottom (thank you for that btw :)), the bottom is also where the heater needs to be.
The heater does not need to be under it. It works when on the sides or behind the furnace. You can actually get 5 furnaces on one heater block with the 6th face for power.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, according to the FTB wiki the bottom is for fuel input? I'll try and see how I get on.
For future reference, the wiki sometimes has incorrect or outdated information; I strongly suggest trying things like pulling from different sides in the future when the side you're using isn't working, even if the wiki says that's incorrect.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Question:

What about the Tinkers Construct weapon mod using a piston?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
What about the Tinkers Construct weapon mod using a piston?
I thought that was knockback and beheading was from obsidian + ender pearl. Or did that change in 1.6? Haven't used either of those modifiers since Unleashed.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that was knockback and beheading was from obsidian + ender pearl. Or did that change in 1.6? Haven't used either of those modifiers since Unleashed.
I made a Bow of Beheading when I started using TC for the first time, which was Unleashed. It amused me to no end.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Since we are on the topic, whats the best TC bow? I hate going and picking up arrows but I have way to many resources anyhow.