Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, thanks. Whats this ethereal essence used for?

Also can you combine nodes + is there a limit?

Oh Oh Oh and do you get anything by sacrificing animals to a hungry node?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Meh, thanks. Whats this ethereal essence used for?

Also can you combine nodes + is there a limit?

Oh Oh Oh and do you get anything by sacrificing animals to a hungry node?

Not sure about the essence. But you can't combine nodes in TC4. You can stack them near each other so that your wand recharge station can use all of the nearby nodes. As for sacrificing things/mobs to hungry nodes, it does give the hungry node the aspect of what every you feed it. However, the trick is bottling the node once you are done feeding it.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
1.My ME system went crazy and made about 120 more magnets than i wanted. Is there a way to turn mob essence into xp besides using a straw, so i can use dis-assembler on them?

2. I made the advanced Ichor outfit. Is there a way in the config to slow it down? It is a bit to fast for me. It seems to lag my world. I love the flight and being able to run up blocks, but a bit to fast for me. If i could just make it where it don't give the haste effect when u move.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
2. I made the advanced Ichor outfit. Is there a way in the config to slow it down? It is a bit to fast for me. It seems to lag my world. I love the flight and being able to run up blocks, but a bit to fast for me. If i could just make it where it don't give the haste effect when u move.

I couldn't find any way in the configs to disable the haste effect. Sorry.

If it's lagging your world, however, it might be the light effect from the...pants, maybe? The Thaumonomicon shows how to turn off the light. Someone go look that up.

Reactions: BIBLO

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find any way in the configs to disable the haste effect. Sorry.

If it's lagging your world, however, it might be the light effect from the...pants, maybe? The Thaumonomicon shows how to turn off the light. Someone go look that up.
thank you thank you thank you. That was it Shazam08 you are my hero.

1.My ME system went crazy and made about 120 more magnets than i wanted. Is there a way to turn mob essence into xp besides using a straw, so i can use dis-assembler on them?

Last edited:

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to fix the lag when you go in and out of dimensions? Besides just restarting the client.

Set your render distance lower, and press ESC as soon as you come out of the portal(to let the world load).

Or get a better computer. That might solve it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Set your render distance lower, and press ESC as soon as you come out (to let the world load).

Considering MC can only use about 4gb of RAM max, whatever the launcher says, on big packs like Monster a newer computer often doesn't do much. Sometimes if you're going to play heavily modded, you just have to live with it ;)

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i am trying to make protoclay in thamucraft. It says clay then dirt ender shard, oak wood, dirt, stone in arcane infusion. It isn't doing anything.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Set your render distance lower, and press ESC as soon as you come out of the portal(to let the world load).

Thats not what I meant. I should have been more clear. I meant the lag that occurs when you hop through a few mystcraft ages. Its a memory leak or something I'm not sure. But its annoying.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Thats not what I meant. I should have been more clear. I meant the lag that occurs when you hop through a few mystcraft ages. Its a memory leak or something I'm not sure. But its annoying.
It has something to do with the way the Mystcraft books and portals move you between worlds. Something like they don't fully unload the world you left.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah just travelling around in overworld can cause it too. Over time the javaw.exe process will just continue to use more and more memory until you eventually run out of memory. At that point you will probably get occasional fps drops whenever the PC is forced to write large amounts of data to the disc in the pagefile. At least this is what I am getting atm. Nothing helps but restarting the client.

I would think the JVM arguments used to help on this, but it seems the old ones cause more problems now than they fix. Lets hope Eyamaz gets around to testing new ones for us soon :p[DOUBLEPOST=1396315298][/DOUBLEPOST]
It has something to do with the way the Mystcraft books and portals move you between worlds. Something like they don't fully unload the world you left.
Anything that calls for more memory will cause it it seems. Loading new chunks, be it in another age or not, is one of the biggest issues. And I dont think it is a fault in Mystcraft, more a fault in java that it does not correctly free up memory when it is no longer in use.

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm interesting. If I moved my mining well quarry and my base into the same dimension would that help?

On that topic, anyone got any good looking dimensions for a magical themed base? (sky color, biome types, etc)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone happen to know if RailCraft tanks are still causing crashes? Apart from ExtraCells, I'm just not able to get the same storage efficiency out of anything else, but logging on/dimension hopping in 1.5.2 ended up being a bit of a disaster due to constant crashing.

AzeTheGreat

Jul 29, 2019
What is the biggest cause of FPS hits when running large numbers of mods? Items/textures? Having mods themselves? I'm talking disregarding most of the processing intensive features like chunk loading and complex machine setups.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i spot chunk loaded a lot of nodes in my early thamucraft days. I lost my way points. Is there a way to find what chunks are loaded?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
i spot chunk loaded a lot of nodes in my early thamucraft days. I lost my way points. Is there a way to find what chunks are loaded?
If you keep an eye on the logs, you might get lucky and see things happening there with coords... otherwise, I don't think so.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk