Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mattah12

Jul 29, 2019
For future reference, the wiki sometimes has incorrect or outdated information; I strongly suggest trying things like pulling from different sides in the future when the side you're using isn't working, even if the wiki says that's incorrect.

Yea good idea, at least I know now heh.

zanskrila

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if Obsidian factory from RotaryCraft is bugged, or am I just doing it wrong, because it won't take any power from any rotarycraft engine. Seems like it doesn't connect to it or something like that.

Pilkie

Jul 29, 2019
What is the easiest way to teach an Applied Energistics system automatically melt down redstone in a magma crucible, send that redstone into the Liquid Transposer, fill the conduits and send them back into the system?[DOUBLEPOST=1396444118][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a way to hook a single Applied Energistics storage bus up to a factorization barrel so that it can put items in and pull items out? (I read that items can only be put in from the top and pulled out the bottom of factorization barrels, is there a way around this so I can treat them as an extension on my AE storage system?)

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
What is the easiest way to teach an Applied Energistics system automatically melt down redstone in a magma crucible, send that redstone into the Liquid Transposer, fill the conduits and send them back into the system?
I would set the magma crucible and fluid transposer next to each other, export bus redstone into magma crucible, output crucible to fluid transposer, and just keep the transposer full of redstone at all times. Then you can use an AE crafting recipe into the fluid transposer with the empty conduit.

Reactions: Henry Link

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone know if Obsidian factory from RotaryCraft is bugged, or am I just doing it wrong, because it won't take any power from any rotarycraft engine. Seems like it doesn't connect to it or something like that.
I seem to remember having trouble with this. It turned out it needed power from a different side than that mentioned in the manual. Try powering it from the bottom even if the manual says otherwise (or vice versa)

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have.. Uhh, color codes for all the aspects? I want to sort them all according to color.

Edit: Nevermind, NEI has them all listed, not by color but don't worry, I got this~

One other question, the 8 mob limit on the thaumcraft lamp of fertility, does it count each species or just 8 mobs in general? (like 4 sheep and 4 cows count as 8 or just 4 of each)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the easiest way to teach an Applied Energistics system automatically melt down redstone in a magma crucible, send that redstone into the Liquid Transposer, fill the conduits and send them back into the system?[DOUBLEPOST=1396444118][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a way to hook a single Applied Energistics storage bus up to a factorization barrel so that it can put items in and pull items out? (I read that items can only be put in from the top and pulled out the bottom of factorization barrels, is there a way around this so I can treat them as an extension on my AE storage system?)
Like @PurpleMentat said, just place the 2 machines next to each other and have them always filled with redstone. If you dont like that then I think you can with Extracells set it up so that it can create the liquid redstone on demand and send it to the liquid transposer "on craft". But would be totally overkill IMO and would be really slow.

The storage bus doesnt really export/import to/from the barrel like other means. It more considers the barrel an inventory part of the ME network. Therefore a storage bus on a barrel should be able to both input and output(if set to do so(default I think)) on a barrel. It should also not matter on which side you place the storage bus.[DOUBLEPOST=1396453237][/DOUBLEPOST]
One other question, the 8 mob limit on the thaumcraft lamp of fertility, does it count each species or just 8 mobs in general? (like 4 sheep and 4 cows count as 8 or just 4 of each)
I believe it actually says in the thaumonomicon that it is 8 of each kind of mobs.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is automation of the TiC smeltery any less buggy in 1.6.4 than Unleashed?

My old unleashed playthrough I had a setup that would send a redstone signal to the faucets on demand, but about half the time it would bug out and stop halfway through pouring.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Uh two questions

1: can mining wells mine up aura nodes
2: what does Ethereal Essence do? (they drop from nodes and wisps)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
2: what does Ethereal Essence do? (they drop from nodes and wisps)
They are used in a couple crafting recipes(to make Salis Mundus among other things). And they also function as good sources of essentia.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Read it on here somewhere. Oh yeah it's amazing, pours liquid a lot faster to boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
1: Ender Quarry can. Don't know about mining well but I'd expect so. No BuildCraft in the pack I play.
2: they're a useful source of the Auram aspect if you don't have a mana bean farm.
The essence can also be used to make salis mundus.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Thanks for the info about the essence, I uh kind of have 51k eggs, any ideas?
You're really expecting a useful and productive suggestion? Void them. There's no way you're ever going to use them. Save a thousand or so, and dump the rest into a trashcan. If you're using AE, point a level emitter at an export bus and set it to keep on exporting eggs as long as you have more than a thousand. I'm guessing you have a ton of chickens laying eggs that get sucked into your AE system. Any time you have a set up like that, that can't be turned off with redstone like farms can, you should set up a void overflow.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
You're really expecting a useful and productive suggestion? Void them. There's no way you're ever going to use them. Save a thousand or so, and dump the rest into a trashcan. If you're using AE, point a level emitter at an export bus and set it to keep on exporting eggs as long as you have more than a thousand. I'm guessing you have a ton of chickens laying eggs that get sucked into your AE system. Any time you have a set up like that, that can't be turned off with redstone like farms can, you should set up a void overflow.

I found a use for them. Making me more mob essence. Dispenser setup on a timer next to a grinder. Grinder doesn't kill baby mobs, surplus of chicken though. Just gonna void all the chicken.

Thanks for the advice though :) Sorry for wasting your time.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I found a use for them. Making me more mob essence. Dispenser setup on a timer next to a grinder. Grinder doesn't kill baby mobs, surplus of chicken though. Just gonna void all the chicken.

Thanks for the advice though :) Sorry for wasting your time.
Wait!
Use the eggs for the matter cannon!
And recycler!