Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Did you by any chance build in or near spawn? By default the game will always keep a large area around the original spawn loaded at all times. This is sometimes being referred to as "spawn chunks".

No, Im about 1000 blocks from spawn. Had forgotten about this though, this is good to remember.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Won't that mean that the initial generation will not include BOP? Could that cause chunk errors?

If you already have a world generated, turning it on would cause chunk boundary errors yeah. But if you haven't generated the world yet, it would generate fine. If you want the biomes in an existing world, I'd recommend a mystcraft age for that.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How might i possibly get a lot of redwood leaves quickly on FTB Ultimate?
Are you referring to trees from ExtraBiomesXL? I initially thought you were talking about the much, much larger redwoods from Natura, which isn't in Ultimate.

I remember chopping those EBXL redwoods with mining lasers. Enough leaves usually decayed before they burned to let me plant another.

Mfr harvester with save leaves turned on and plant a couple trees and spam bone meal
Natura redwoods (the really, crazy big ones) don't seem to respond to bonemeal, although the EBXL ones should. I might recommend doing that to an existing tree- then, of course, smash some of the leaves yourself and plant a couple more at your base.

Or fly around and spam the Blade Launcher on your MPS Power Gauntlet- it acts as shears as well as a weapon. The shearing effect works on sheep, too- although, don't expect the blades to be able to to pass through sheep like they do with leaves.

If you're looking for redwood saplings rather than leaf blocks in one of the most recent packs, I can only recommend the Nature Scythe from Ars Magica 2. It's certainly the fastest plant-smashing tool I've seen since the Red Katar from EE2, although it's not easy to get. If I'm not mistaken, it's a rare drop from the Nature Guardian.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get NEI to give me stacks of items again? I have no idea how it got changed, but now it only gives single items instead of stacks when right or left clicked.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get NEI to give me stacks of items again? I have no idea how it got changed, but now it only gives single items instead of stacks when right or left clicked.
In the bottom right corner there is a box with a number in it. Change it to 0 (zero).

Edit: to extrapolate on Christopher, left click gives you the number in that box, or if set to 0, it gives you a full stack of said item.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
In the bottom right corner there is a box with a number in it. Change it to 0 (zero).

Edit: to extrapolate on Christopher, left click gives you the number in that box, or if set to 0, it gives you a full stack of said item.
ah, must have clicked the plus by accident, thanks. As a bonus I have learned what those buttons do, yay.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
How's water function as far as fall damage goes, these days? If I drop a mob 30-40 blocks into one block deep water, does it go splat?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How's water function as far as fall damage goes, these days? If I drop a mob 30-40 blocks into one block deep water, does it go splat?

As far as I am aware, 1 block of water will stop dead any fall without damage. You straight fall through if there is nothing below, but if there is, then it doesn't hurt.

If you want to build a drop trap and want the items to land in the water, try an item grate from Thaumcraft. They let items fall through but not mobs. Place one directly over your water transport.