Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Question about Opis: We are seeing less mobs about, so i ran the command iwth opis to find and list number of entities. It shows 14 creepers for example. I had thought this meant it was only showing what entities were in chunks that I had loaded, but it also shows 1440 'dropped items'. I have no quarry, the only thing in my base that might produce that many entities is a multifarm, but it is not overflowing.

Does anyone know if dropped items cause less mobs to spawn, since it consideres them Entities? or is opis just showing me those 1440 items in case they were all in one area, which wo0uld point to an overflowing quarry, etc.?

i feel like an idiot with opis. How would i even know if the numbers I am seeing are abnormal? at one point I teleported to some of the items, and i found an underground dungeon with a bunch of stuff floating in a room. I had never been there, so i assumed it was one of my players. This makes me think opis is showing me entities for the whole server, even unloaded chunks... does this eman there are only 14 creepers on our server right now? Does it just test any chunk that was ever loaded?

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
opis should only show u stuff u selected and also u can always check in which chunk the stuff is so as you said if u have 1440 entitis just check out what causes it;X

Now to my own question is there a mod that causes Nausea for 4s and keeps refreshing? cause for some reason every now and then i get Nausea and have no idea what causes it <,< (playing on dw20 1.0.14 with bloodmagic carpenters and chisel added)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
opis should only show u stuff u selected and also u can always check in which chunk the stuff is so as you said if u have 1440 entitis just check out what causes it;X

Now to my own question is there a mod that causes Nausea for 4s and keeps refreshing? cause for some reason every now and then i get Nausea and have no idea what causes it <,< (playing on dw20 1.0.14 with bloodmagic carpenters and chisel added)
Do you have a solar helmet?
An admin on a server I go on had that and it fixed when he took his solar helmet off.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Nope i have the Thaumium helmet with googles on and the only thing i did when it happend was being in bat form ;X (one time it happen directly after i logged in was also in bat form) but just switching out of bat farm dosent change a thing.

Also i can't figure out how to stop it last time it helped that i died for some reason but this time it dosent help at all... could Nausea happen due to me having high affinity for heal spells in ars magica?

Edit2: It seems i have found the cause just dont have any idea why it happens.. it helps to put some blood in my bloodmagic network but never heard of that mechanic before ;O

Last edited:

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Nope i have the Thaumium helmet with googles on and the only thing i did when it happend was being in bat form ;X (one time it happen directly after i logged in was also in bat form) but just switching out of bat farm dosent change a thing.

Also i can't figure out how to stop it last time it helped that i died for some reason but this time it dosent help at all... could Nausea happen due to me having high affinity for heal spells in ars magica?

Edit2: It seems i have found the cause just dont have any idea why it happens.. it helps to put some blood in my bloodmagic network but never heard of that mechanic before ;O

Ya, that nausea has been in for a while, it's why I don't generally use BM for automated power 'n such until I have a steady supply of LP. It should only occur when you are at 0 LP and something like a ritual or lava crystal is trying to work.
also, yes having a high(maxed maybe?) affinity to life spells in AM2 can cause nausea when you hit mobs from what I have read.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
How does energized glowstone work in TE3? I cannot detect rime nor reason for it solidifying. Trying to fill an upside down dome shell and sometimes it stays liquid sometimes it turns into a glowstone block and sometimes it stays liquid for a long time and then decides to turn into a block. It is also not flowing very well but I can deal with that by just making more of it.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Forum question really:
Can we edit quotes to our liking, if not, can we correct them if they contain spelling mistakes?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
[quote="rhn, post: 562702, member: 82009]it is really bad practice[/quote]
Unless you want to focus in on something someone said

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
If you use minetweaker to change a recipe for an item, does it change the recipe for everything; including automated crafting machines? Also, does NEI register the change and correctly display the new recipe?

Last edited:

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. The point of a quote is that it is a quote, i.e. a direct repetition of what someone else said. If you modify it , it stops being a quote, and starts being something you said instead. That subverts the entire exercise :p

Not to mention loosing context and potentially meaning of the original statement.

Prime example, Stephen Hawking last month on Black Holes:

Infallible

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
NEI F7 key doesn't work for me ((it shows where mobs can spawn by dispalying red crosses on the floor). Can't find any keybinding using F7 in controls settings though. Any idea please ?

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod that adds a "fake player" block that can do things like activate vanilla mob spawners without me being close to them? I'm in the DW20 pack and I heard the Autonomous Activator did this but it isn't working for me.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there a mod that adds a "fake player" block that can do things like activate vanilla mob spawners without me being close to them? I'm in the DW20 pack and I heard the Autonomous Activator did this but it isn't working for me.
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that that behaviour is deliberately avoided in everything other than in such mods as Soul Shards that add advanced spawner mechanics.

Reactions: tsjb

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
NEI F7 key doesn't work for me ((it shows where mobs can spawn by dispalying red crosses on the floor). Can't find any keybinding using F7 in controls settings though. Any idea please ?
Are you using a mac? If so, you may need to hold down the fn key to use the F keys as standard F keys rather than their specialized functions (i.e. iTunes control, volume/brightness, etc). There's also an option in system preferences to swap F key behavior (operate normally as standard F keys, fn gives specialized functions).

If you're not on a mac, remember that NEI keybinds are their own thing - you won't find them in the normal keybind menu. NEI options are accessed from your inventory screen (or any screen that shows you NEI) - the button is in the bottom left. Double check that your keybinds are set properly.

If neither of those solutions work, try binding something else to F7. It's possible something is wrong with the key. At the very least, you'll be able to diagnose a keybinding conflict.

Reactions: guiguilyon

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Question about Factorization.

With my current setup, Water Boiler over 3x3 water, Caliometric Burner next to it supplying heat, Steam Turbine on top of Boiler to generate charge and a Battery on top of the Turbine, I can generate charge but the battery is not storing any of it. This happens with nothing connected to the setup to draw power.

My question is that is this a bug or intended change?