Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
What pack and which items?
Direwolf, all items. Also, there is item ghosting in the inventory.

For example:
• I pick up 8 cobblestone and put it in a different slot.
• The 8 cobblestone I picked up is still in the same slot, and there's 8 more in the slot I dropped it in.
• I can pick one up and put it in the other, they combine to become 16.
• After a few seconds, the stack becomes 8, as its supposed to be.

Or, if I click on an item, it disappears instantly and returns when I relog. Occasionally when I click on an item, it cuts the stack in half instead of picking it up.

Last edited:

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture Air Pump won't work. As mentionned on the official website, I put it 9 blocks away from any surrounding or above blocks. I put a coal fueled stirling engine underneath (redstone activated). I still can't breath underwater. I got the full diving set though.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture Air Pump won't work. As mentionned on the official website, I put it 9 blocks away from any surrounding or above blocks. I put a coal fueled stirling engine underneath (redstone activated). I still can't breath underwater. I got the full diving set though.

If you are on 1.2.0+ versions of Mariculture, BC Power is not accepted, only Redstone Flux. If you are not and on an earlier version, you'd need two BC Engines are they are not as efficient at doing the job as a dynamo would be. I recommend using a dynamo.

Reactions: guiguilyon

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf, all items. Also, there is item ghosting in the inventory.

For example:
• I pick up 8 cobblestone and put it in a different slot.
• The 8 cobblestone I picked up is still in the same slot, and there's 8 more in the slot I dropped it in.
• I can pick one up and put it in the other, they combine to become 16.
• After a few seconds, the stack becomes 8, as its supposed to be.

Or, if I click on an item, it disappears instantly and returns when I relog. Occasionally when I click on an item, it cuts the stack in half instead of picking it up.
I think it is inventory tweaks that does this. it is not a big deal in the long run, I think it is just miss communication between serve and client caused by the fool thing trying to move items on one end or the other. It also seems to have issue with Tinker's construct's inventory tabs. Or maybe that is another mod spasing out.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Problem Solved - Modular Powersuits glitch.
So, I pressed F3 and S to regenerate a chunk (Is it sound), and all my modular powersuit items in my inventory (solenoid + wiring) turned into upgrade icons and looked nothing like ho they're supposed to look. Please help, will they look like that forever?
When I search in NEI it also comes up with those icons.
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but this isn't a tech problem, I don't think so anyway.
Screenshot below:
PkHr90n.png

Last edited:

BarSlayer1

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to unlock all Thaumcraft 4 resaerch without doing the minigame? I am willing to cheat in order to do so, because i realy dont like the minigame.

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to know what is the fastest/most renewable way to speed up cactus growth. I was hoping I could use activators+watering cans, but the watering cans didn't appear to work on cactus(or mana beans, or full grown pumkin/melon stalks).

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
If you are on 1.2.0+ versions of Mariculture, BC Power is not accepted, only Redstone Flux. If you are not and on an earlier version, you'd need two BC Engines are they are not as efficient at doing the job as a dynamo would be. I recommend using a dynamo.

Thanks!
I'm on version 1.1.4 of Mariculture (Monster Pack 1.0.9). So I guess it's a lack of power. I'm a bit surprised though since Mariculture wiki says"(A stirling engine should suffice if you wish to be automated)". Gonna try a more powerful engine.

EDIT : Actually it's working with a single stirling engine. It just doesn't provide a continuous amount of power.
Putting a second engine just made it explode since the pump didn't use enough power I guess. :)

This device is very limited though. Gonna swith to scuba gear asap.

Last edited:

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to know what is the fastest/most renewable way to speed up cactus growth. I was hoping I could use activators+watering cans, but the watering cans didn't appear to work on cactus(or mana beans, or full grown pumkin/melon stalks).
This is because a watering can just simulates bone meal, which doesn't affect any of those things. If you've got Reliquary in your pack, Lilypads of Fertility are pretty easy ways to speed up growth. However, by far the easiest way to speed up production of those crops is to just expand your setup. Since cactus and melons/pumpkins are so easy to automate using vanilla methods, there's really no extra running cost associated with just making your farm a little bigger.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is because a watering can just simulates bone meal, which doesn't affect any of those things. If you've got Reliquary in your pack, Lilypads of Fertility are pretty easy ways to speed up growth. However, by far the easiest way to speed up production of those crops is to just expand your setup. Since cactus and melons/pumpkins are so easy to automate using vanilla methods, there's really no extra running cost associated with just making your farm a little bigger.
Yeah lots and lots of lilypads of fertility and long rows of water trenches + blocked breaking off newly grown 2nd or 3rd layer of cactus.