Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
i am playing unleashed. I have something weird happening. For some reason there is duplicate power armor showing up in my AE system. It has all the same stuff as the one I am wearing. I play single player, so how can this be? I currently have 2 duplicate complete sets in there now.

If you have a mob grinder hooked up to your AE network, sometimes skeletons and zombies spawn with your full MPS on them. When they die by grinder, they drop their equipment, and that'll be the source.

Reactions: BIBLO

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
i am playing unleashed. I have something weird happening. For some reason there is duplicate power armor showing up in my AE system. It has all the same stuff as the one I am wearing. I play single player, so how can this be? I currently have 2 duplicate complete sets in there now.
Do you have some sort of zombie or skeleton mob farm in which you are in close proximity to a lot of the time?

Rarely a zombie or skeleton will spawn with the exact same armor as you, and has the same chance of dropping it as if it spawned with golden or iron armor.
That is a potential explanation

Ninja'd

Reactions: BIBLO

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Suppose I have some research to do then. I might have to switch. Right now I'm using Yogcraft but it's still 1.4.7. I'm hoping that by "completely hidden" you mean more hidden than a shade lighter than everything else, as microblocks seem to do with the texture pack I use- which you can see by looking at the stone frame panels then at the stone blocks, if you didn't already notice that.

Thanks for the advice.

By completely hidden, I mean put whatever block you want in there and it takes the texture of that block. And Yogscraft is very limiting its probably one of the worse ftb packs. I'd recommend either unleashed or direwolf20 packs. And look up AE, its an amazing storage system not in the Yogscraft pack.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
Question. When did powersuits suddenly get all floaty? The rocket boots. Its annoying me. Before I could do jumps and hops and not glide down slowly to the ground. But this moon walk bounce thing almost makes me wanna take that enhancement off my boots so I can fall like a rock again.

Edit: Also, whats the best way to set up MFR tree farms? I mainly need one for tons of rubber. But whenever I made the farm it felt like I did it wrong. Id always get rubber blocks that didnt break or I somehow messed up the range of the harvester when I gave all 3 machines a single upgrade. I feel like a dumby with mfr.

Editedit: Also, can someone with creativity tell me how I could spruce up my home in the sky. I built it coming off of a slime island. First basement is a machine room. Second basement is supposed to be a tree farm of sorts. It feels sorta boring to just make levels going down however. The windmills are at sky limit. So I know Ima need to move stuff up and down if I want this to be a tall building. But it feels like its just gonna be a black tower in the sky. I dont even know how to make floor transitions look good. D= And whats a good ceiling height for tree farms? I wanna have atleast a block of clearence over rubber trees and common other trees if I do decide to go a biofuel route later.

I personally wouldnt build a tree farm in a building. What would happen if you are growing oaks and you get one of those massive ones? They will be much 'happier' out in the fresh air. lol

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You can use conveyer belts to keep animals in the center of pen.
Got this all done now. Each of my pens has a conveyor belt perimiter running clockwise, with occasional single sections pointing in to the middle of the pen to shove them off the conveyor. Probably it would be better to have them all pointing inwards but watching them go round and round is funny.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I personally wouldnt build a tree farm in a building. What would happen if you are growing oaks and you get one of those massive ones? They will be much 'happier' out in the fresh air. lol

I know. But still!

I did it just for my rubber trees since I know for a fact those wont redwood on me.

Redassasin221

Jul 29, 2019
Not shure us this the right thread.
Im interested in how to add the name of the modpack in the minecraft menu, in the bottom left corner, where it wll say feed the beast, i wanted to add a custom name. is that posible and if is does anybody knows how.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...vtyat23qsucdxz1l07xnymxri6yeufxrqgy53n15hzq4g

in the planner this says it will make 420 eu a tick, but in game I am only getting 260. Does it not compute Thorium and plutonium correctly. If that is the case does anyone have a higher output plutonium reactor that can easily be automated.

The reactor planner is stuck in 1.4.7 because the guy who made it is no longer around. In IC2 itself, nothing really changed since then (even the experimental branch on 1.6.2 still uses the same numbers for basic uranium), so you can still use it for uranium-only designs.

However, the bug in 1.4.7 versions of GregTech that made thorium and plutonium scale out of proportion when placed next to each other has been fixed for 1.5, so these old hybrid reactors will no longer achieve their crazy efficiency and output. You just get the intended standard numbers now.

Unless you play the Ultimate pack, that is. It uses a broken beta of GregTech that was intended to preview/test 1.5 changes in 1.4.7. Plutonium scales off the charts while running searingly hot, and thorium is borderline non-functional. You'll want at least GregTech 3.07+ on Minecraft 1.5.2 for properly functioning thorium/plutonium reactors.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Direwolf20 and Soaryn had that working on FC1 with AE.

While he did hook it up (thinking it would work). It never worked. And he even mentions in one of his later videos that it doesn't work. The mod author disabled the ability for this to be automated. Other mods can't access the turbine slot as an inventory.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
While he did hook it up (thinking it would work). It never worked. And he even mentions in one of his later videos that it doesn't work. The mod author disabled the ability for this to be automated. Other mods can't access the turbine slot as an inventory.
I guess, from an engineering "realism" point of view, that makes sense. If a real turbine rotor in a real machine needs to be replaced because it breaks, you can't just set up a machine to wedge a new one straight in. You need to remove the broken bits of the old one and fix the new one properly in place and check it's secure. However, where else in modded Minecraft do you need to do this sort of thing? What's so special about a steam-to-EU machine? Industrial Steam Engines, and all other BuildCraft power engines, need no parts replacing. IC2 Generators, solid fuel or magmatic, need no parts replacing. I don't know about GregTech and that's a different issue, but I don't understand why this design decision was made just for this one energy producing machine, and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Compared to other mods, maybe, but it's fairly normal for Railcraft and CovertJaguar's designs. His machines have idle power draw, his engines and generators have long heatup times and so on. It's just the way he likes to do things. Others may not always agree with it (I certainly don't like everything he's been doing to poor ol' Buildcraft), but in the end it's the author's right to write according to his vision.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
New question. Best way to farm rotten flesh? I need enough to sink a ship. Making blood stones since I decided since I have a black tower in the sky, I could make it so I have every color of the railcraft bricks as a separate offshoot tower. And for red I need tons of flesh.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
New question. Best way to farm rotten flesh? I need enough to sink a ship. Making blood stones since I decided since I have a black tower in the sky, I could make it so I have every color of the railcraft bricks as a separate offshoot tower. And for red I need tons of flesh.

pretty sure you can also use raw steak for that recipe, so try a cow farm?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Tier 5 soul shard with MFR grinders.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Tier 5 soul shard with MFR grinders.

But then Id need to kill 1k zomboids. Would a pigman farm work aswell? They drop it and gold and stuff too. Hrm. I have 3 t5 blaze farms and I broke every stupid zombie spawner I came across cause I never thought Id need them.

And actually beef does work. Isnt it a lot of maintenece tho? Seems like just killing 1k zombies might be faster.. Hrm. or I could look for another dungeon from dungeons pack with all the spawners in it.