Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Thank you! One other question if you might know the answer... is there any way to know if a server admin is cheating? Or a way to make sure even the admin is playing legit? 3 of us share the cost of a server equally, but we have just one guy running it. He has been a bit sketchy at times. Is there any way to know that he is not cheating in items?

One example is just that: he has run a server for over a year, but said that you can only use the Give command to give yourself vanilla items. Then i find out that anyone set as OP can cheat in any item in NEI. either he is completely clueless about running a server, or is hiding something. I offered to just take a copy of the world file to play on my own, so we could restart the world, as he and our other player both really get bored at End Game type stuff... and he would rather not play for a month or two while i putz around building stuff, rather than let me just take a copy of the world and play it on my own from time to time locally or on a LAN server. It makes me think he is hiding something. He claimed that it would be 'too hard' to set all the configs moving a server... but then i reminded him that he had moved this exact world from one server to another... and he got all flustered.

Anyway, we do kind of compete in our builds a bit, is there any way to keep a server admin honest?

The only thing I could think of is to review the server logs (unless he is deleting them). You would have to search them for OP commands like give, tpx, etc.). But, for the most part if you can't trust your server admin, you might be better off without him.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that mutation and crossbreeding happened separate to the species,whenever dealing with traits other than species, which was what I was attempting to explain with the previous response

I thought this because the bees that managed to mutate into a purebred species of what I was after first try didn't have 100% of the new species traits.
The only time this has ever happened with me is when I was also dealing with mutation chances of 100%
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...cifics-behind-bee-mutation.30488/#post-416339 explains all the steps calculated when a queen dies. The following post uses an example to make the rather technical explanation easier to understand.
In that example I only explained everything in detail for the species, but all the other chromosomes (e.g. speed or territorry) work exactly the same.

Part 5 of the example again, but this time explained for speed (let's assume for this example, that every species involved has their default alleles for their primary/secondary genome in regards to the species). As a reminder: Noble/Cultivated Princess with Common/Majestic Drone, where the mutation check for the princess part resulted in an Imperial bee.
5) Chromosome speed: Roll a 2 sided die three times. First result: princess.primary; second result: drone.secondary; third result:drone/princess. So the new princess has Normal/Slower as the primary/secondary speed. Since Slower is dominant and Normal is recessive, the new princess will have Slower/Normal as active/inactive, so the next queen will have a production modifier of 60%.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
If it works with barley, then it will keep them separate. I don't know if it does, though. Golems can't harvest barley for instance. DW20 mentioned "IPlantable" in the latest FC2 SMP, so maybe barley isn't set up correctly for cross-mod interaction.
Actually, my golem is harvesting my Natura barley just fine. nvm, I hadn't played a while and remembered things wrong

I'm going to hollow out a Natura Redwood. What would be the best tool to get the inside hollowed out quickly?
I made a Lumber Axe (which mines redwoods like the hammer) with cobalt axehead, thaumium plate, paper binding, and obsidian rod (for reinforced, use ardite if you want stonebound). I then put the redstone enhancement on up to max (not including extra slot enhancements). Mining speed of 29 baby. (⌐■_■)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why the Distillation tower in Ultimate cannot be crafted? There are two different types of Centrifuges, but the one in the recipe looks like a plain block, that has no recipe. Any reason why this might be?

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. I has a problem. I need ink sacs. Like.. mountains and mountains of them. Best option to get them?
Use your favorite method of automated mining to get lapiz lazuli. Minium Stone transmute them through the dye colors until you get to black (ink sac)

Unless you're playing unhinged (does anyone?) then perhaps a lake with a bed of hoppers and tesla coils?

I'm curious though, why do you need all these ink sacs?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Use your favorite method of automated mining to get lapiz lazuli. Minium Stone transmute them through the dye colors until you get to black (ink sac)

Unless you're playing unhinged (does anyone?) then perhaps a lake with a bed of hoppers and tesla coils?

I'm curious though, why do you need all these ink sacs?

I need the ink sacs before I can do my automated mining. ;-; I need ink sacs for my base. I make black blocks. Forgot the name. But yeah. Any cobblestone around ink. But my base is going to be absolutely massive but Im making it in the sky. I started with a slime island and Im building it upward from there. So I dont actually have too many spots to put my other machines and whatnot that I need. My power is limited to 2 tier 2 windmills(From compact windmills) powering my mfsu. I need to set up my rock crusher and blast furnace so I can make my tess's for my quarries. But for that I need to expand my base. And thus I need enough ink sacs to sink the titanic.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I offered to just take a copy of the world file to play on my own.... He claimed that it would be 'too hard' to set all the configs moving a server...
It's easy, all he has to do is zip up the world folder and send it to you, and you unzip it into your saves. I've done it in both directions several times.

Reactions: zorn

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. I has a problem. I need ink sacs. Like.. mountains and mountains of them. Best option to get them?
Without a question, MFR rancher. Catch a squid in a jailer's safari net, jam it into a glass box, plonk down a rancher, power the rancher, and put a DSU behind it. Chunkload it overnight, come back to 200k ink sacs.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Without a question, MFR rancher. Catch a squid in a jailer's safari net, jam it into a glass box, plonk down a rancher, power the rancher, and put a DSU behind it. Chunkload it overnight, come back to 200k ink sacs.

Never used a rancher before. If Im to get this right. Catch me a squish, make a tiny glass aquarium for it so it doesn't die. Plop rancher infront of it. gg afk come back to enough sacs to fill the titanic?

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Never used a rancher before. If Im to get this right. Catch me a squish, make a tiny glass aquarium for it so it doesn't die. Plop rancher infront of it. gg afk come back to enough sacs to fill the titanic?
Well, it needs power (accepts EU or MJ). But yeah.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why the Distillation tower in Ultimate cannot be crafted? There are two different types of Centrifuges, but the one in the recipe looks like a plain block, that has no recipe. Any reason why this might be?

Because the Ultimate pack shipped a buggy beta version of GregTech that has multiple issues, among them the fact that reactors don't work properly or that recipes involving the industrial centrifuge are screwy because there's a duplicate entity of it.

Reactions: zorn

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Woo. Works perfect. Got me a squish aquarium and Im rolling in ink

Did you say swimming?

iWrRDJm.png

;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
When I hop into a game and it warns me that certain mods have updates...do people generally ignore these?
If I wanted to, say, update my Unhinged with the latest and greatest GregTech version, what are the implications? Is it even possible?