Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Just set up a little planter/harvester 3x3 to provide seed oil for bee stuff. What is the best thing to grow?
I go with wheat seeds cause you can feed the wheat to cows, place a sewer under the cows, and turn the sewage into fertilizer. Then take the baby cows out with a chronotyper, and grind them into mob essence. Good times.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. Opinion question time. And some regular questions.

1.6.2. No MFR. What options do I have for tree farms? Never actually made one.

Also, opinion question. I have some blaze shards, tier 5. I made a blaze farm before in my 1.5.2 world but Im wondering if maybe there was a more efficient way to farm them. I have liquid xp so I can get xp/drops no matter how they die. Before I had a cage with one space above the spawner, was the appropriate size length/width wise. Had water in 4 corners that moved to one central hole. Bam, my farm. From the top I had redstone wiring so I could turn it on and off. Seems sorta boring and slow ofcourse since it requires them to slowly die to water. Any other options for a more efficient/faster farm for 3 blaze spawners?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. Opinion question time. And some regular questions.

1.6.2. No MFR. What options do I have for tree farms? Never actually made one.
Steves carts might be available (its in the forgecraft2 vids in 1.6), also forestry multifarms.

Also, opinion question. I have some blaze shards, tier 5. I made a blaze farm before in my 1.5.2 world but Im wondering if maybe there was a more efficient way to farm them. I have liquid xp so I can get xp/drops no matter how they die. Before I had a cage with one space above the spawner, was the appropriate size length/width wise. Had water in 4 corners that moved to one central hole. Bam, my farm. From the top I had redstone wiring so I could turn it on and off. Seems sorta boring and slow ofcourse since it requires them to slowly die to water. Any other options for a more efficient/faster farm for 3 blaze spawners?
I think it you make the ground low enough that the blazes fall down below where the spawning mechanics check for existing mobs before spawning more, you'll get a better spawn rate. Maybe 5-7 blocks down. The blazes should float down, unless a player stands nearby to 'agro' them.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the weird instant scrap consuming behavior ( 1 scrap every 10 ticks i believe). I don't see the power usage decrease tho.
Mine produced more uu matter using more scrap in less time and looking at the amount it produced it should have used a lot more EU than only 5 million.

I've got another question:
How can I grow the smaller redwood trees in the Unleashed pack (those ones). They aren't even half as wide/tall as the big stand-alone ones and also give less saplings by tree. Do I still need 7x7=49 saplings to grow a single one (I had to take down 4-5 of them to get 50 saplings :/)?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Mine produced more uu matter using more scrap in less time and looking at the amount it produced it should have used a lot more EU than only 5 million.

How can I grow the smaller redwood trees in the Unleashed pack (those ones). They aren't even half as wide/tall as the big stand-alone ones and also give less saplings by tree. Do I still need 7x7=49 saplings to grow a single one (I had to take down 4-5 of them to get 50 saplings :/)?
I don't know. They are from different mods, not sure what's the possibility of the values being the same is going to be.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. They are from different mods, not sure what's the possibility of the values being the same is going to be.
So you say I simply have to try and maybe waste 50 saplings?

Anyone else who does know the answer?

Does anyone know why my animals are all glitching through the fence, and how I can stop it other than just building solid walls?
It's a problem with Minecraft, not only with FTB: If the pen is too small, they push each other through the surrounding blocks. You can't do much about it other then making their area bigger.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Axe or Pickaxe turtle works, but a sword turtle does not.

Does anyone know why my animals are all glitching through the fence, and how I can stop it other than just building solid walls?
It's a problem with Minecraft, not only with FTB: If the pen is too small, they push each other through the surrounding blocks. You can't do much about it other then making their area bigger.
Agreed, make the pen bigger. If you use solid walls, they'll just push each other into the walls and suffocate to death.

acker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway that I can export and Import items on the same side of a machine on Unleashed?

I want to put creosote oil buckets on a IC2 generator and then take the bucket afterwards. Didn't managed to do it with Applied Energistics.
If anyone could give me a hand.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway that I can export and Import items on the same side of a machine on Unleashed?

I want to put creosote oil buckets on a IC2 generator and then take the bucket afterwards. Didn't managed to do it with Applied Energistics.
Turtle, factorization router(s), translocators. I say turtles are your best bet if you can program a bit.

Question of my own: How does one make a Tool Dynamisn Tablet? I've not found anything on the Internet about making them.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[Snip]
Question of my own: How does one make a Tool Dynamisn Tablet? I've not found anything on the Internet about making them.

Tool dynamism tablets are a research added by thaumic tinkerer, before you can make them, you need to do the research for them. After you've researched them, have a look in the thaumanomicon underneath tool dynamism tablet, and you'll be given a crafting recipe which also requires a few aspects to craft.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I recommend looking into a thaumcraft tutorial. It's essential to making one.

with Gregtec installed. what metal do u use on a tesseract so it remembers it's settings?
Not entirely sure what you're meaning here, so I'll cover all that I can think of.

I am assuming you're talking about Thermal Expansion tesseracts with this response;

To make a tesseract be set, use the GUI accessed by right clicking it and click on the tick and cross button to enable/disable that frequency, the field below is for naming that frequency for ease of setting more tesseracts to that frequency. It will retain this frequency until you break it.

You can't make a tesseract remember its settings after you've picked it up, but if you've named your frequencies it is very easy to set the tesseract again.

I suggest looking into a block spotlight of this as it's hard to explain in words.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Tool dynamism tablets are a research added by thaumic tinkerer, before you can make them, you need to do the research for them. After you've researched them, have a look in the thaumanomicon underneath tool dynamism tablet, and you'll be given a crafting recipe which also requires a few aspects to craft.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I recommend looking into a thaumcraft tutorial. It's essential to making one.

Not entirely sure what you're meaning here, so I'll cover all that I can think of.

I am assuming you're talking about Thermal Expansion tesseracts with this response;

To make a tesseract be set, use the GUI accessed by right clicking it and click on the tick and cross button to enable/disable that frequency, the field below is for naming that frequency for ease of setting more tesseracts to that frequency. It will retain this frequency until you break it.

You can't make a tesseract remember its settings after you've picked it up, but if you've named your frequencies it is very easy to set the tesseract again.

I suggest looking into a block spotlight of this as it's hard to explain in words.

You can make it remember its settings with one piece of pulverized shiny metal.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i figured it was platinum dust, but it isn't working. I have tried right click and shift right click.

NVM I put it in forge lexican and change it to shiny dust and it is working thx.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If the pen is too small, they push each other through the surrounding blocks. You can't do much about it other then making their area bigger.
Agreed, make the pen bigger. If you use solid walls, they'll just push each other into the walls and suffocate to death.
The pens aren't overcrowded, I have one pen with 4 pigs in a 7x11 internal area and they keep escaping.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019

You can use buildcraft. Just put wooden pipe next to the generator and it can both insert and extract items from it. I'd use a golden gate to extract with single pulse if there is empty bucket and on that same condition emit red pipe signal to get another one from an inventory with buckets for this generator.

Edit:
The pens aren't overcrowded, I have one pen with 4 pigs in a 7x11 internal area and they keep escaping.
This is bug in minecraft (I think it got fixed in 1.6, but I'm not sure). You can use conveyer belts to keep animals in the center of pen.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
When merging Thaumcraft nodes, do larger nodes move slower than smaller nodes?
Do smaller nodes get pulled towards bigger nodes or is the pull equal on both sides?
What is the maximum distance to merge nodes?