Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Cursed Earth mob spawner. Does it work like normal mob spawning. That you have to be within
16 blocks of it to spawn mobs?

Actually, normal mob spawning requires you to be 24 blocks away before they will start spawning. And no, Cursed Earth will always spawn mobs, regardless of player distance.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Silly Q:
Can you out right fully deplete an areas aura for Thaumcraft? To the point where it is fully gone, and you can't do anything more in the area?

While you can totally exhaust an Aura Node of its store of Vis (i.e. it would look like "A: 0/500" while wearing Goggles of Revealing), I believe this is always temporary/curable. Other than two nodes merging into one, I'm not aware of any mechanic by which a node can be completely destroyed. I think the closest you can get to "destroying" a node is to fully drain a node that's (a) too far away from other nodes to share Vis, and (b) doesn't have any Infused Ore nearby to recharge itself. (This happens with some frequency in the Nether, where there is no infused ore, and aura nodes tend to be more separated.) But even then, Crystal Clusters, Crystal Capacitors and Rejuvenating Bees can restore the node to its full strength, at the cost of Flux.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I like this :) If you run NEI searches on "chest" or "boots" and the like, you'll find the ones you're missing. Off the top of my head, there's Invar Armor, Composite Armor, that orange hazard/hazmat suit from IC2 (the boots for it are the Rubber Boots, fyi). There's a set of Mud Armor from Biomes o' Plenty, and 3-4 more Twilight Forest armors: Ironwood, Nagascale and Fiery, I believe (though Nagascale only has two pieces to the set), plus the still-WIP "Knightsmetal" (or something like that) Armor. And there are two types of Thaumcraft armor -- the Thaumic Armor, and the Thaumaturgist Robes. I play DW20, so I don't have Dartcraft, but I suspect there's some absurdly overpowered armor in there, too *troll-ducks*.

Oh crap....what have I gotten myself into? I already have the 120 sets of leather and gold and almsot done with chainmail.... /cry

On a different note, is there a list somewhere of all the armour in terms of "effectiveness" or strength? Such as Leather -> Gold -> Iron -> Diamond for vanilla stuff, but for FTB mods?

Theoretically, yes, but not the way you describe: The only way to transmit an AE signal wirelessly from one AE block to another is with a pair of Quantum-Entangled Singularities, the top-tier tech of an already late-game mod. You place one Singularity in an expensive multiblock structure near your main network, and then you build another expensive multiblock to house the destination Singularity. Power 'em up, and both multiblocks are linked as if they were connected by ME Cable (over any distance, even across dimensions).

Practically, though, the Singularities method is incredibly expensive, and generally worth the cost only when the distances are huge. That being said, you do have a pretty big base, so if you have the resources, you could do something cool like build a pair of them and stick them at opposite ends... although, whether this is "worth" it is an open question. Running cables across a 400x400 base is time consuming, expensive, and energy-hungry. Singularities are even MORE expensive, and (probably) even MORE energy-hungry... but they're a lot cooler (and you can always dismantle one and move it somewhere else if you later make a base in another dimension).
Bah...Guess it's transportation via cables then. Unless...maybe I could do an enderchest/item tesseract "request" method somehow..

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Question, does anyone know what happens with a Forestry multifarm when you have two crop sections, one planted with barley and one with wheat? Does it replant with barley and wheat specifically or does it just indiscriminately use what seeds it can get?

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
Question, does anyone know what happens with a Forestry multifarm when you have two crop sections, one planted with barley and one with wheat? Does it replant with barley and wheat specifically or does it just indiscriminately use what seeds it can get?

Depends on how you have it managed. If you have it set to "automatic" then it will only plant what is set in the circuit board. If you set it to "Managed" and put the Wheat electron tube (I think it's iron, but I don't remember) in one side and the Barley, if there is one, in the other and plant the items yourself, then it should be fine.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If it works with barley, then it will keep them separate. I don't know if it does, though. Golems can't harvest barley for instance. DW20 mentioned "IPlantable" in the latest FC2 SMP, so maybe barley isn't set up correctly for cross-mod interaction.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to cause Ender Hives to spawn in MystCraft Ages? If not, are Ender Hives found on GregTech enderoids, or only on the main island in The End?
The Advanced JetPack is very good for finding other enderoids, and yes, Ender Hives spawn on them.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
If it works with barley, then it will keep them separate. I don't know if it does, though. Golems can't harvest barley for instance. DW20 mentioned "IPlantable" in the latest FC2 SMP, so maybe barley isn't set up correctly for cross-mod interaction.
Natura barely works cross-mod wise.
Seriously, the sticks don't work with TiC's recipes.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how you have it managed. If you have it set to "automatic" then it will only plant what is set in the circuit board. If you set it to "Managed" and put the Wheat electron tube (I think it's iron, but I don't remember) in one side and the Barley, if there is one, in the other and plant the items yourself, then it should be fine.
Well, I tested it, setting up a multifarm with 4 bronze electron tubes in manual mode, and then planting it with wheat, barley, and cotton. The multifarm harvested everything successfully, but would tend to replant with wheat seeds. If I took away all of the wheat seeds, it replanted with barley, and if I took away all the wheat and barley seeds, it replanted with cotton,

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Silly Q:
Can you out right fully deplete an areas aura for Thaumcraft? To the point where it is fully gone, and you can't do anything more in the area?

This happened to me in the Nether in Ultimate. It'll recharge slowly, it's never permanently gone.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I tested it, setting up a multifarm with 4 bronze electron tubes in manual mode, and then planting it with wheat, barley, and cotton. The multifarm harvested everything successfully, but would tend to replant with wheat seeds. If I took away all of the wheat seeds, it replanted with barley, and if I took away all the wheat and barley seeds, it replanted with cotton,

Whats the difference anyway? They both make the same food and same amount too.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
More seeds. In all honesty, though, Natura's cross mod interaction is so bad even TiC, from the same modder, doesn't work with it.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I at last got my hands on a time tree from twilight forest but................
If I plant it, can I gain more saplings from it by breaking leaves?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

You guys misunderstand how multifarms work.

The key thing to look out for is whether your farm is "managed" or "manual". You can have crop and vegetable farms in both modes.

A "managed" (automatic) farm will lay down soil, plant seeds from the first slot in its seed inventory that holds any valid seed, wait for plants to grow, harvest them and plant something new in that slot, again from the first slot in its seed inventory that holds any valid seed.

A "manual" farm, on the other hand, does not lay down soil and does not plant anything. It expects the player to do that. However, once something the player planted has grown, the farm will harvest it and then replant that exact thing in that exact location, provided it has a matching seed anywhere in its seed inventory.

So for a farm that keeps multiple plant types, you want a "manual" farm. If barley is harvestable by the multifarm at all, it probably needs a crop farm (bronze tube), but if it doesn't work, try testing with a vegetable farm (iron tube). Harvestcraft has some confusion as to what of its many dozen plants can be harvested by what farm type, for example; maybe Natura falls into the same trap.

After configuring your circuit board, manually place your dirt and irrigation water, hoe the dirt into farmland, and plant whatever crops you wish in whatever pattern you wish. Then make sure the multifarm has a few seeds of each crop type in its seed inventory (yes, this does limit you to at most six different crops on one multifarm, but you will probably struggle to reach it unless you run Harvestcraft). After that, you can leave it alone and, as long as the crop is actually harvestable, it will happily work all the different crop types you gave it in exactly the ratio you pre-planted.

Reactions: zorn

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
I understand this. However, barley, wheat, and cotton are all 'crop' type plants, and apparently due to the poor compatability of Natura, the multifarm is unable to distinguish between them and replants indiscriminately with seeds of either type if they're all in the same farm.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Just set up a little planter/harvester 3x3 to provide seed oil for bee stuff. What is the best thing to grow?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Just set up a little planter/harvester 3x3 to provide seed oil for bee stuff. What is the best thing to grow?
If you aren't using a Fertilizer, then I think pumpkins planted on IC2 crop sticks are best. I don't think the Fertilizer works on them though, so if you are using one, then probably barley is better, I'm not sure. Pumpkins on crop sticks also have the advantage that you don't need a Planter.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
If you aren't using a Fertilizer, then I think pumpkins planted on IC2 crop sticks are best. I don't think the Fertilizer works on them though, so if you are using one, then probably barley is better, I'm not sure. Pumpkins on crop sticks also have the advantage that you don't need a Planter.

Do barely seeds even work for seed oil? they didnt in unleashed 1.1.3