Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question: How can I automate the filling of empty vials to vials of ordinary water from xeno's reliquary?

I was under the impression that Tool dynamism tablet could do it since it right clicks with items, but that doesn't work... and the only other block that I can think of which did this was with Redpower 2

So is there another block which can do this? or shall I have to do this manually?

Currently on Unleashed pack v1.1.3 + nether ores, BoP, Xeno's, Carpenters Mod, RotaryCraft, and Gregtech

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Question: How can I automate the filling of empty vials to vials of ordinary water from xeno's reliquary?

I haven't used those vials, but have you tried a liquid transposer? It works with most containers for liquids.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Do trees not grow when chunkloaded?

I have, on a SMP server, a tree farm built with MFR that feeds a boiler. When I log out, it's full of wood and the boiler's going merrily. When I log back in again, depending on how long that is, it's empty of wood, the boiler's cold, and this is what makes me suspicious: The tree farm is entirely saplings. No mature trees at all. It seems that for whatever strange reason, trees don't grow when I'm not there?

Additionally, does anyone know how to set up a multifarm for cocoa? I have the lapis tube inserted, and jungle wood placed. I stuck some cocoa pods and let them grow, but the multifarm doesn't harvest them at all, whereas the carrots I placed in the same farm work perfectly fine. Figured it out; the jungle wood needs to be one level above the brick substrate.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Do trees not grow when chunkloaded?
Interesting one. What kind of trees? I'll test this tonight or tomorrow with my MFR birch tree farm. I haven't tried setting it running on auto yet, I've been meaning to set up level emitters and wireless redstone for a while now. Need to fix the Logistics Pipes first.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting one. What kind of trees? I'll test this tonight or tomorrow with my MFR birch tree farm. I haven't tried setting it running on auto yet, I've been meaning to set up level emitters and wireless redstone for a while now. Need to fix the Logistics Pipes first.

I'm certain they should considering that is the only effective way to grow redwoods without standing nearby and watching them.

Oak trees. Quite frankly, I am utterly baffled as to what else could be causing the symptoms, because if I sit there and watch my tree farm, it grows stupidly densely and fills up the (golden) buffer chest in about half an hour.

And then when I log out, it runs dry and I find that there's it's all saplings planted, and no mature trees.

The boiler is certainly running and consuming fuel. That much is obvious. But it also seems like there is no tree growth.

I'm running Direwolf v1.1.3, if it matters.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
They absolutely grow when you log out, if chunkloaded. Not sure what the issue is with yours, but im 100% certain a tree farm will run normally when you log out, if you have a chunk loader going.

Are you just using an MFR harvester and planter, or using fertilizer?

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
They absolutely grow when you log out, if chunkloaded. Not sure what the issue is with yours, but im 100% certain a tree farm will run normally when you log out, if you have a chunk loader going.

Are you just using an MFR harvester and planter, or using fertilizer?

No fertilizer.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
The chunkloader is obviously working, if not your trees wouldnt disappear, and your boiler wouldnt run out of fuel (assuming on same chunkloader).

The harvester has to be getting power from something, because it is cutting down the trees. Something is not getting loaded when you log out. Was thinking that something providing your fertilizer was not chunkloaded, but that idea is out. is there any way that the logs have to travel somewhere that is not chunkloaded, to get to the furnaces/boiler?

Just seeing saplings can actually happen if you logged in at daybreak, and your harvester caught up overnight. It might be possible that the logs are just trying to route somewhere that is not chunkloaded, so they never get to the boiler, and you seeing no trees was just a coincidence, and it was morning. Maybe.

The chunkloading issue is odd, im sure ive sent items across pipes that were in chunks that were not loaded before, going from a loaded chunk down to another area that was chunkloaded, and the items made it from what i saw. But its not suppsoed to work that way im told. Could you show a screenshot of what your setup looks like, if no one else comes up with an answer? Its a pretty odd problem, maybe seeing how you set things up could give an idea on what is going wrong.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Are IC2 crop sticks merely convient or do they actually produce more and quicker than just planting? Was gonna run a MFR planter/harvester set up, but maybe I only need the harvester and ditch the planter in favor of crop sticks. If it is faster and more products with crop sticks, well that would pretty well seal that deal. Just curious. I use crop sticks for pumpkins, mostly just for space saved. Never really thought to test the growth time or resultant amounts between tilled earth vanilla growth and crop stick, uh crops. I know adding a liliypad of fertility doesn't speed up things using crop sticks, which lead me to this questions. Is that because the speed is already increased?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
My MFR tree farm runs just fine while I am away from it and it's chunkloaded, but it has a Fertilizer growing the trees.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found Natura's Dark Clouds to do anything related to their description? (Causes Lightning) No wiki's give any info, and searching failed.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Are IC2 crop sticks merely convient or do they actually produce more and quicker than just planting? Was gonna run a MFR planter/harvester set up, but maybe I only need the harvester and ditch the planter in favor of crop sticks. If it is faster and more products with crop sticks, well that would pretty well seal that deal. Just curious. I use crop sticks for pumpkins, mostly just for space saved. Never really thought to test the growth time or resultant amounts between tilled earth vanilla growth and crop stick, uh crops. I know adding a liliypad of fertility doesn't speed up things using crop sticks, which lead me to this questions. Is that because the speed is already increased?
Well, you need to actually breed them to get a good rate - what determines the rate of growth is the stats of the crop (kinda like bee traits), so you can actually get really powerful plants via breeding. Also, gold and iron as crops. Badass.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used those vials, but have you tried a liquid transposer? It works with most containers for liquids.
I have, and it doesn't work.

It's like potion vials with filling, in that you right click a water source block with them, and it doesn't use up the source block. There used to be a block with redpower that was a block placer block, but if you put these in there with a water source block in front it'd fill them up.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to cause Ender Hives to spawn in MystCraft Ages? If not, are Ender Hives found on GregTech enderoids, or only on the main island in The End?

Can one grow a Tree of Transformation in the Nether, converting a patch of Hell biome into a bee-friendly Normal/Normal oasis? (I want to realize my dream of living full-time in the Nether ;) )