Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion:
What is the nature of invar armor? Does it have special properties? I can't find anything on it anywhere.

I'm not sure, but it's probably higher durability than iron, with similar protection (and at minimum it saves you a third in iron). Try and experiment, see how much armor it gives you, and how high a damage value it can accrue before breaking.

Thermal Expansion:
Does the current version of TE in FTB Unleashed still allow for rich slag to be produced? I've smelted around 200 ores (not dusts) with sand in my induction smelter so far, with not a single piece of rich slag produced. Am I just incredibly unlucky?

If it is possible to get it, the recipe will show up in NEI. If so, then you're very unlucky.

jhxmt

Jul 29, 2019
If it is possible to get it, the recipe will show up in NEI. If so, then you're very unlucky.

Thanks - it's definitely showing up in NEI (showing as a 5% chance for each smelt of ore with sand). I must just be having a run of (incredible) bad luck - I've gone through over 250 ores at this point without a single rich slag to show for it! Curses. Still at least it's two ingots per ore, so I'm not any LESS well off (I've got all the sand I could ever want at this point).

Edit: huzzah! Restarted the server, and the first ore I smelted afterward gave me a rich slag! The curse is ended!

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to keep mobs from despawning other than the jailer's net? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to keep mobs from despawning other than the jailer's net? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
I would think Chunk Loaders should do it.
It works if nobody else is online, but if somebody is online and not within 128 blocks of the area they despawn (messed up my MFR spawner quite a few times)

There's a thaumic tinkerers research that can do a similar function to the jailers net as well.

May I ask what you're trying to keep loaded?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
It works if nobody else is online, but if somebody is online and not within 128 blocks of the area they despawn (messed up my MFR spawner quite a few times)

There's a thaumic tinkerers research that can do a similar function to the jailers net as well.

May I ask what you're trying to keep loaded?

A squid... one god damned squid. Is that really too much to ask Mojang? Can squid not despawn?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
A squid... one god damned squid. Is that really too much to ask Mojang? Can squid not despawn?

There's the thing. They can die if they go out of water.

What you need to do to keep them from dying is this.

Make a tank in which the top layer is water source blocks, and then the one below those are flowing blocks. This means that no matter what the squid does, it can't reach air to die in. anything underneath this is your choice.

I assure you the jailers net works, but your tank set-up does not.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
jailed safari net that is all

-_- Look at the original question. Then back at your post. Original question. Post. Then take a moment to let it sink in.[DOUBLEPOST=1378681354][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's the thing. They can die if they go out of water.

What you need to do to keep them from dying is this.

Make a tank in which the top layer is water source blocks, and then the one below those are flowing blocks. This means that no matter what the squid does, it can't reach air to die in. anything underneath this is your choice.

I assure you the jailers net works, but your tank set-up does not.

Thank you helpful person!

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
While At home I play minecraft with internet. I play on a server with my sons. During the day I can play at times while at work, but I don't have internet. I tried today to copy my map to single player and play offline, but it starts me at spawn with none of my items. Is there a way to link my online account to my offline account?

I think you need to copy the player file as well.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well I have a really stupid question I'm trying to find the download for TS it used to be on the main page and I just can't seem to find it.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I added gretech to unleashed. it says to do this.

-- This version of Industrialcraft is causing serious problems with the electricity network. downgrade to
Industrialcraft version 1.116.377-lf, to fix these problems.

Where do I get this version? I tried google with no luck.

Jakman217

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy Automatic way to fill a volume or space with liquid? EX. A 10X10 cube with water, or lava. I'm working with Unleashed.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy Automatic way to fill a volume or space with liquid? EX. A 10X10 cube with water, or lava. I'm working with Unleashed.

i have heard whispers of one of the current mods adding in their own block to do this function, but off the top of my head that's yet to be implemented.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I added gretech to unleashed. it says to do this.

-- This version of Industrialcraft is causing serious problems with the electricity network. downgrade to
Industrialcraft version 1.116.377-lf, to fix these problems.

Where do I get this version? I tried google with no luck.

The build repository is here: http://141.28.27.36:8080/job/IC2_lf/?

Pay attention to what exactly you download though - this is quite literally a pile of dev builds, some of which are for other Minecraft versions.